WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 86 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 85 86
J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
I wonder if anybody else has noticed the difference between Republican and Democratic candidates for office. The Republicans have about 4 things to talk about; Crime, Inflation and the Economy and Taxes. Right or wrong they just continue to hammer each of these, TV, News, etc. all day long. They have a belief that if you say something, loud enough and long enough, it becomes fact. Their belief works! Nobody denies that. Now we come to the Democrats. Nobody really knows what they want to do because there are not single messages but everybody has their own to sell. One other thing I have noticed is that many are not attacking their opponents (the nice, Democratic way). The newsies seem to think this is the 'honest' way. My own thought is that its not, exactly, a winning strategy. The Republicans have worked, very hard, to give the Dems a chance to attack and win but, unfortunately, they would, I guess rather lose.

I know, I am probably being too negative, have no idea what I am talking about, and should just shut up. Sorry and apologies but I just wish the Dems would get together, try to speak with one voice, and go after any Republican candidate with whatever they have (instead of the 'kindly' route). I should add that not all are doing poorly and are trying to win - but the others deserve to be recognized.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It happened on a residential street - not a thoroughfare.

And drunk driving incidents don't ever happen on residential streets? I don't know your point about this drunk lady crashing and burning while under the influence. Happens every day.

Crooked politicians occasionally crash and burn too...like Trump, and like you I would hate to see him suffer any undue stress in regards to any errors he may have made during his brief stint at POTUS.

He certainly deserves your patience and understanding during this very difficult time.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Errors like a quid pro quo or pilfering top secrets docs? crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
The Republicans have about 4 things to talk about; Crime, Inflation and the Economy and Taxes.
So what’s the Republican plan to deal with each of those items? Try to repeal Obama Care for the 82nd time?

In the two years the Dems have been in office, they have passed legislation that:

• Lowered med prices for Medicare
  • Allocated funds for infrastructure improvement - which Repubs voted against
  • Allocated funds to make the US a microchip manufacturing leader
  • Passed legislation in helping America move from fossil fuel and allocated money for training and schooling in new energy jobs
  • Provided critical funding for families during COVID
  • Reduced the deficit

What have Republicans done for the past two years but sit around with their thumb up their asses, whining and complaining about a so-called stolen election - which is a lie, by-the-way, and planning their fascism for America in the long-term if they get back into office.

As as crime is concerned, eight of the top ten cities for crime are located in red states. Indeed, Republicans need to deal with THEIR crime-filled cities. For the record, Chicago is 11 on the list, but Republicans make you think it’s number one - because conniving pathological lying gaslighters are like that.

As far as taxes go, the 2017 Republican tax cut for the middle-class expire in 2024, yet the Republicans didn’t put an expiration date for the rich tax reform to expire. Imagine that!

So if folks think that the Dems don’t have it together enough and think having a Republican controlled government is so great - have at it. I’m sick and tired of the unappreciative so-called left-leaning whiny-assed voter. You get the America that you deserve if the Republicans take over! mad

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
In 1994, there an angry electorate which kicked out the party in power, the Democrats. 1998,2002, the party in power kept the voters happy with them. Then the voters got angry with the GOP, the party in power, the recession, wars, etc. They kicked them out in 06. the voters were angry once again in 10, give the Republicans the House. 14, not so good as the Democrats lost the senate. In 18 the party in power made them mad again.

It simple, in our two-party system, the party in power either keeps the voters happy with them, result the party in power stays in power. Or the party in power somehow makes the voters angry and wanting a change. Then the party out of power becomes the party in power.

It's simple. The party out of power is the only viable alternative to the party in power. Midterms are always a referendum on the party in power.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Last time I checked, it’s 2022. This mid-term will be different. Yes, there is an electorate anger - conservatives took a woman’s right over her body away. Woman are 50% of the voters. Past election results don’t necessarily predict future results.

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Have you taken a look at the most important issues that folks will decide on who they’ll vote for? All adults 1 Inflation 20%, 2 healthcare 11% 3 economy and jobs 4 climate change 10%. Abortion is on the list at 6%. Independent’s most important issue 1 inflation 22%, 2 healthcare 11%, 3 jobs and the economy 11%, Climate change 10%. Abortion among independents is at 4%. Question 64.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/szo0yco18u/econTabReport.pdf

I still can’t understand why inflation, the economy and jobs are listed separate. Inflation is the economy. So be it, it is what it is. To the question of How important are the following issues to you?

Inflation/rising prices 69% say very important
Jobs and the economy 65% say very important
Healthcare 61% say very important
National security 59% say very important
Crime 59% say very important

Abortion is way down on the list with 43% stating it is very important.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by perotista
Have you taken a look at the most important issues that folks will decide on who they’ll vote for?

Forty-three percent is nothing to sneeze at because it does economic concerns do not "cancel" out abortion.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
This election is mostly a nuts and bolts affair with more seats changing due to retirements than any real policy issues or hot-button items.

It's not a moratorium on anything. Just the regular biennial changing(or retaining) of the guard.

We've pretty much known what the results would be for a year. And we've known why the results would be what they are going to be...

And yet the true believers think that some electoral miracle is just over the horizon! That women are going to come out en masse to kiss their booboos and make it all better.
And maybe find that lost sock while they're here...and sew on this button.

The Supreme Court is not on the ballot. Donald Trump is not on the ballot. Mostly just a bunch of local yayhoos who will never be more than a yay or nay vote on future legislation.
They may or may not be Trumpy dimwits. Their votes will be fairly predictable, and their tenure short....anybody wanna make book on how long Marge Greene's career lasts...?(I've got Marcus Flowers taking her down in two to four years)

So yeah...collectively a bunch of nobodies are up for election or re-election for no particular reason. None of them had anything to do with the abortion decision and few have ever spoken to Trump.

And it continues to be about the stupid economy instead of important partisan considerations and gender issues.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
We'll all see in three weeks and two days. smile

Page 50 of 86 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard