WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by jgw - 06/11/24 08:38 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/10/24 11:53 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/10/24 06:17 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:20 AM
Watching the Supreme Court
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:15 AM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (NW Ponderer), 25 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,171,716 my own book page
5,023,357 We shall overcome
4,205,032 Campaign 2016
3,799,214 Trump's Trumpet
3,020,939 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,300
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 9
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,095
Posts313,909
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Greger
[Trump is] a supergenius with godlike powers.
Greger, now you're just being silly. crazy

No, you are.

Right after I said that, Mr. Porter, compared him to a Greek mythological creature. One which brought evil to a previously innocent world...

And Jeffery still believes that Trump controls the US Secret Service agents who are assigned to guard him...under a Democratic President!

While he's under investigation by the FBI.

Do you have any idea how silly all this ranting and raving about the Great and Mighty Trump sounds to someone who isn't so heavily invested in the myth of his fabulous powers to control everything in the fecking world from his golf course in Floriduh?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Doug Thompson
The panel and a growing majority of Americans agree that Trump's crimes are a "staggering betrayal of his oath of office."

Supremes reject Trump’s latest stunt on classified documents case.

Jury told of massive weapons cache by Oath Keepers

He's not gonna make a comeback, guys. He's a weak, pathetic man dangling at the end of his rope. Too weak to climb back up, not strong enough to survive the fall.

His right wing minions will slowly fade back into the woodwork as his house of cards crumbles.

They'll be back, but he won't.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
...believes that Trump controls the US Secret Service agents who are assigned to guard him...under a Democratic President!
What does the political party of any POTUS have to do with the agents who are assigned to former POTUS'?

I'm not sure how it works, and I would be surprised if any of the formers DID NOT get to choose who was on their Secret Service team.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Very likely, if a sitting president objects to any particular Secret Service agent, they get reassigned. But Trump no longer has that office. So I doubt very much he even gets that option. I'm very sure his current SS security crew is ready to hold him for arrest at a moment's notice, prevent him from boarding a plane , boat, or car without them, etc. It's going to be very boring to have to guard him in prison, but they will do it. That's the job.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think some of Trump's former guards are now his private employees. That'll probably work out like it usually does with Trump.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm not sure how it works, and I would be surprised if any of the formers DID NOT get to choose who was on their Secret Service team.

I would be too. But they are honorable men who did not steal classified files or refuse to honor the results of an election. And I might remind you that the President of the United States is Commander in Chief of all the services. If Biden wants to personally pick Trump's agents I'm sure he can pick whoever he wants.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
We know that ol’ Joe picked the same team he had as BAMZ’s Veep.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick

I'm weary of being reminded, almost as if I'm some petulant eight year-old decrying a lost lollipop, that "Trump isn't a threat anymore" and "he will never win another election"...as if Donald Trump and Donald Trump only, is MY PROBLEM.
It's like when you visit another forum and some yahoo yells "You've got TDS!" and "Trump lives rent free in your head, LIBTARD!"

Trump? Saying he's a has-been won't make the problem go away, and as the NYT article cites:
TWENTY-EIGHT PERCENT OF ALL voters are now nursing doubts about the accuracy of elections.
And as Pero religiously avoids: Almost HALF of all Republicans are election deniers.

Meanwhile, you can forget all about Donald Trump if you wish but you can't ignore the fact that Marjorie Taylor-Greene, even stripped of all committee assignments, is rapidly becoming the most powerful figure in today's Trumplican Party.

Imagine, Trump with "sporkfoot syndrome" and a chip on her shoulder big enough to allow her to threaten both Kevin McCarthy AND Devin Nunes' Cow that he better give her a lot of power and leeway OR ELSE risk alienating the base.

Trump going away does not make the problem go away.
It might have two years ago, but not anymore, not after January 6th, not after both her and Lauren Boebert successfully avoiding prosecution as co-conspirators, not even being nicked for broadcasting the location of Pelosi and Pence in real time during the insurrection.

That's the kind of thing William L. Schirer, if he were still alive, would write about in a historic book about the rise of...oh wait, what am I saying????

Never mind! Nothing to see here, move along, it's just Jeffy having a fit over nothing. ROTFMOL

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

And don't pay any mind to the Spork-foot monster over there, she's harmless!

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes, and some other folks are sounding the alarm that Jesus is coming soon!

But it remains my choice whether to spit or swallow.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard