WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 86 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 85 86
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
OH, we know what they are going to do and the Republican party is not bashful about that. But, their candidates rarely actually talk about what they are going to do. I suspect that those that do are going to lose, unless they have more Republican voters than the rest. Most, however, stick to their talking points and message and that's often enough.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
My prediction for the upcoming midterms is that they will turn out differently than we expect, and for reasons we didn't anticipate. smile Isn't that the way it always goes? There will be winners, losers, and whiners. That you can count on.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
My prediction for the upcoming midterms is that they will turn out differently than we expect, and for reasons we didn't anticipate. smile Isn't that the way it always goes? There will be winners, losers, and whiners. That you can count on.
Golly...could you be any more vague and STILL cover all of your bases?!? laugh

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Golly...could you be any more vague and STILL cover all of your bases?!? laugh
Not that I could think of...

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm pretty sure the elections are going to turn out exactly as we expect and for all the reasons we've discussed here.

Dems are set to perform historically well. But not retain control of the House.

I'd seriously love it if it was a squeaker and the Dems pulled off a narrow win.

But it ain't liable to happen.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
I predict the Dems will barely hang-on to both houses and it will send a shock wave through the GOP with the MAGAts and anti-Trumpers in a very bloody circular firing squad battle.

smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
I predict the Dems will barely hang-on to both houses and it will send a shock wave through the GOP with the MAGAts and anti-Trumpers in a very bloody circular firing squad battle.

smile
You’ve got mine which I update every few days. I go by the most recent numbers, not the heart. I suppose come 9 Nov 2022 we’ll see if the numbers or the heart was right. Good luck.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
For the better part of two years, I've been predicting that neither party would be happy with the midterm results. That hasn't changed a bit. I don't use the numbers or the heart.

But it turns out the numbers reflect the national mood about the same as I do. Pero and I have been in agreement from the start about who's going to win. and by how much. And why.

Once in a while, I get ahead of the polls, once in a while Pero spots a trend that I missed.

Maybe Rick is right and we've missed something big. Maybe Jeffery is right and it's the end of the fecking world as we know it.

Dems will lose the house by fifteen seats and retain the senate with the same tie they have now.

My heart really wanted a pickup in the senate but right now they'll be lucky to hang on to even that. That's what my head says.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Maybe Jeffery is right and it's the end of the fecking world as we know it.

Well now, you're just being "cute" again.
My position is that we will wind up with elections that will never be won by a majority of the people ever again.

People will vote in droves the first few times, but after a while it will dawn on them that no matter how large the majority win happens to be, fifteen or more state houses will just summarily overturn election results in their states and the election will go to their predetermined winners, and even if they fail to manipulate successfully, they'll simply refuse to certify the election and claim "VOTER FRAUDZ!" and SCOTUS will scuttle the tally and the winner will be selected by "Ginni Thomas".

And after a while a majority of people will realize that their vote doesn't really count after all and eventually this whole "election" business will resemble a ShamWow commercial, and the idea of voting will be an embarrassing joke at their expense.
And slowly but surely the way we live will be gradually controlled by a tiny but well funded and powerful group of White Christian Nationalists. Most people won't notice it at first, but gradually we will begin to see a larger and larger bunch of people who are marginalized and muted.

Not a bang, not an explosion, or implosion, the world won't end as Greger insists I'm claiming.
Just the whimper of what once was a long time ago, fading into the fog of memory.

And if all doesn't satisfy the Christian Nationalists, or if the marginalized majority makes too much trouble, they'll just cease to matter anymore, like the folks in Florida who were told they could vote after their criminal convictions were expunged, only to get arrested for doing so.

Little by little, poco a poco, by degrees.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well now, you're just being "cute" again.
My position is that we will wind up with elections that will never be won by a majority of the people ever again.

I would consider that the end of the world as we know it...just a day at the office for you?

Politics as usual?

Maybe you're right, like I said above. But as near as I can tell there's nothing to be done about it. Republicans are just too smart and powerful for Americans to withstand.

Democrats are too few to win elections, and independents far too stupid to recognize the danger ahead.

Should I just drop that 20 in the Donation box and admit right now that it's over for American Democracy?

Page 53 of 86 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard