WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 86 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 85 86
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Jeebus...I don't even wanna think about losing the senate...

This sh*t is getting depressing.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
As I stated, I didn’t agree with everything Politico spouted. I think, at least today, that Kelly and Warnock will hang onto their seats in AZ and GA. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cortez Masto does the same in NV, although that one is a pure tossup. I think OH and NC are out of reach for a Dem pickup, but I still have confidence in Fetterman to win PA. A race under the radar that may play out for the Dems is IA. Keep an eye on that one, Grassley vs. Franken.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-mike-franken-poll-election/69562063007/

Although I think Grassley will win going away especially since the momentum has switched to the GOP. One never knows when a race is this close with 17 days to go. No one knows what other senate races may surprise us. I’d say independents are finicky, but right now it’s their wallet they’re paying attention to. Usually in any election for independents it usually boils down to economic issues. That is unless they get really angry at the party in power for something they did that independents didn’t want. Perhaps both parties need to realize that just because one’s base wants something, that doesn’t mean everyone else wants it too.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Rs are running on inflation. Educated voters know that inflation currently is 100% due to greedy corporate profits. The evidence was presented in a House hearing this week. The R inflation outrage is a red herring.

Rs are running on immigration. That too is a red herring. Why? Because in 2013, the Republicans had a chance to reform immigration - but they chose not to.

• A bi-partisan bill was passed by the Senate
  • The House GOP majority refused to let the bill be debated.
  • Obama said fine GOP House, propose your own bill.
  • The GOP House refused.
  • The House GOP then went on a media tour demanding that Obama do something about immigration.
  • Obama used his Executive authority to reform immigration.
  • The House GOP called Obama a tryrant for doing exactly what they asked him to do.

The bottom line: Republicans are conniving pathological sociopaths - there is no other explanation to their behavior. mad

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
History show every past president has taken credit for a good economy and every past president has been blamed for a bad economy. That isn’t about to change no matter how much you want it too. In fact democrats blamed Bush for the recession, it’s what out of power parties do. There aren’t many financial guru’s out there.

Yeah, perhaps the Republicans are running on what you state. But that is irrelevant to the grand scheme of things. When people are dissatisfied with their and the country’s current situation, they vote for the party out of power. If they’re happy with the current situation, they vote for the party in power. Which party that is is totally irrelevant.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
In fact democrats blamed Bush for the recession, it’s what out of power parties do..
The 2007 financial crisis? Bush DID cause the crisis. Obama wasn't POTUS until January 2009! crazy

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was talking elections, in 2008 presidential campaign, Obama and the democrats blamed Bush for the bad economy. Just like the Republicans are blaming Biden today. Either a president, government is responsible for a good or a bad economy or they’re not. You can’t pick and choose and be honest with yourself. I believe the economy runs in cycles, it’s cyclical. All a president or government can do is play around the edges. The economy is going to do what the economy wants to do. Think about it, if a president or government could control the economy, we’d have all ups, no down. All good time booming economy, not bad time recessions. None can.

We do however have a history of giving credit to presidents when the economy is going great guns and blame when it turns sour. That’s politics 101 with the vast majority of the American people.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Rick, you part of the 80% of democrats that think the Republicans are out to destroy democracy. Of course the same percentage of Republicans think the Democrats are out to destroy America. Hence, polarization and hatred for the other party.

8 in 10 Democrats, Republicans say opposition would destroy America if not stopped: survey

https://www.yahoo.com/news/8-10-democrats-republicans-opposition-171414953.html

Darn shame only Republicans and democrats were asked this question. I’d be more interested in see what independents think on which party is out to destroy America. Perhaps they think both or neither or just don’t give no never mind. Chalk all this talk as normal political propaganda from both major parties.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Rick, you part of the 80% of democrats that think the Republicans are out to destroy democracy.

And of course not only do you think all 80 percent are dead wrong, you don't even hear what Republicans are openly saying ABOUT democracy.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I was talking elections, in 2008 presidential campaign, Obama and the democrats blamed Bush for the bad economy. Just like the Republicans are blaming Biden today. Either a president, government is responsible for a good or a bad economy or they’re not. You can’t pick and choose and be honest with yourself. I believe the economy runs in cycles, it’s cyclical. All a president or government can do is play around the edges. The economy is going to do what the economy wants to do. Think about it, if a president or government could control the economy, we’d have all ups, no down. All good time booming economy, not bad time recessions. None can.

We do however have a history of giving credit to presidents when the economy is going great guns and blame when it turns sour. That’s politics 101 with the vast majority of the American people.

According to Politifact, Republican presidents since Ronald Reagan have exploded deficits, while Democrats have brought deficits down.
Reagan sent the deficit from $70 billion to $175 billion. George H.W. Bush took it to $300 billion.
Bill Clinton—with help from Bush’s willingness to raise taxes—got the deficit to zero. George W. Bush took it back up to $1.2 trillion with unfunded wars. Barack Obama cut that back to $600 billion. And Trump’s tax cuts sent it skyrocketing again, even before pandemic spending sent it higher still.

Biden emphasized that Republicans have told us what they will do if put back into power. They will pass massive tax cuts for the wealthy, after which they plan to repeal the administration’s actions—like the ability of Medicare to negotiate with pharmaceutical companies, made possible by the Inflation Reduction Act—that are bringing down the deficit. After their plan explodes the deficit again, they have said they would cut Medicare and Social Security.

But sure Pero, let's hear some more about how both parties are equally bad for the economy.
Let's hear more about how both parties only play to their base.
Let's hear some more about how "the independents" would never vote against their own best interests.
Let's hear some more about how the economy runs in cycles.
Sure it does, but when one party is literally doing its best to run the economy into the ground, it's hard to swallow all the "bothsiderisms" being crammed down our throats.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Chalk all this talk as normal political propaganda from both major parties.

Pretty much, I reckon all that voters need to do to find out which party is going to destroy democracy in America is to allow each a chance to govern in turn and find out whether democracy is destroyed in the end.

Trump's party had a chance and was soundly rejected even though the economy was good up until the pandemic. His midterms were devastating despite a "good" economy. He lost the House in the midterms and the Senate in his reelection bid.

Biden's party got a chance and did pretty well up until inflation, His midterms aren't looking nearly as devastating...Biden has two years remaining for the economy to cycle back to something that more closely resembles normal. Democrats will then be judged the better in their handling of the economy and will take back the House in 2024.

But only if Biden doesn't run.

Even on his best days, he comes across as a doddering old fool.
If Biden runs and loses in 2024 it will have nothing to do with Reeps destroying democracy and everything to do with Dems fielding a candidate who is too old to even campaign effectively, much less run the country another 4 years.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Page 56 of 86 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard