WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Up is down, down is up, Republicans attempted to end democracy on J6 - but the Dems are the bad guys

Originally Posted by Greger
Show me the quote where I said that?
You never wrote that. It's the gist that any reasonable person comes away with from reading your posts regarding J6.

See...that's the trouble with Dems these days, they lie and make sh*t up.

Just like Republicans.

It's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with one.

They are party cultists and no other voice may be heard.

Just like Republicans.

You guys want me to leave? So the 4 of you don't need to hear anything that disagrees with your partisan cultist scorched earth politics?

Just say the word and I'm gone. Democracy in action. Just vote me off the island and you'll never hear my disgusting opinions again.
A nerve seems to have been struck.

I'm very disappointed that you have never condemned the Republican actions on J6. Instead, you find a myriad of ways the Dems are at fault and are failures at governing - and scoff at justice ever being done about J6 - especially when it comes to the chief treasonist - Trump.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You guys want me to leave? So the 4 of you don't need to hear anything that disagrees with your partisan cultist scorched earth politics?

What is partisan scorched earth about not wanting democracy to be transformed into the US version of the Mexican PRI?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Not sure about the Mexican PRI analogy, but not wanting America to become like Russia or Hungary seems to fit. I am not familiar with PRI because I’ve never had any interest about learning about it.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Not sure about the Mexican PRI analogy, but not wanting America to become like Russia or Hungary seems to fit. I am not familiar with PRI because I’ve never had any interest about learning about it.

For seventy-right years, the PRI was known as "the perfect dictatorship" because no matter who you voted for, the candidate was a member of the PRI.

https://journals.librarypublishing.arizona.edu/azjis/article/id/2382/

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Honcho
old hand
OP Offline
Honcho
old hand
Up is down, down is up, Republicans attempted to end democracy on J6 - but the Dems are the bad guys

Just say the word and I'm gone. Democracy in action. Just vote me off the island and you'll never hear my disgusting opinions again.

My word is "stay" and I hope my thoughts have some standing here.

Telling anyone to leave this forum is not something anyone should use as a threat here. and this website was founded and owned by a political agnostic who has never belonged to any political party or philosophical group.

Case closed. We need you here. We need strong discussion from all sides of issues.

Doug

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
I totally agree with Doug. I’m another what I describe as a swing voter who also haven’t belong to either major party, although I did belong to Ross Perot’s Reform Party while active as my name here suggests. I found the Reform Party refreshing as the national debt was its number one, main issue letting each individual member decide where they stood on all other issues.

I firmly believe that different political views should be discussed in a friendly, intelligent manner. It doesn’t bother me one bit if one has either a hard left or hard right view as long as the conversation doesn’t go off the rails or involve name calling or threats. I like it here. I usually keep track of the mood of all America, not just one political party’s mood or view, usually in the context of how that will affect the next election.

If one believes in diversity, then all political views should be welcomed. One doesn’t believe in diversity if only the political views of one individual, party, etc. are the only ones welcomed. I’m probably one of a few left who believes in that old motto, “I may disagree with what you say, but I’ll defend your right to say it.”

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
I am so radical I propose that if any candidate or currently elected official use any words even closely resembling an ad hominem attack, the should immediately be disqualified from running for office or be impeached convicted and thrown out of office.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: perotista
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by rporter314
I am so radical I propose that if any candidate or currently elected official use any words even closely resembling an ad hominem attack, the should immediately be disqualified from running for office or be impeached convicted and thrown out of office.

Then we'd have no politicos. laugh

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard