Who predicted a red wave Rick? I know of nobody outside of some dumb Republicans. I certainly didn’t and said so here. You have my forecasts, a good number of them. Most of the pundits, prognosticators, most pollsters were showing the senate as 50-50 chance for control with 6 states in the tossup column, PA, GA, AZ, NV, WI, NC. As for the house these same folks placed 25 seats in the tossup column with another 30 or so in either the lean Democratic or lean Republican columns. All at risk and all switchable, all that could go either way. There was no red wave forecasted. But that doesn’t make good headlines when the Democrats did very good, in my opinion excellent this midterm. The Democrats beat history, the historical standards, not only beat but trounced history and let history standing by the road side regardless of the final margin in the house of who controls the senate.

Historical average for the party in power with a president hovering around 40% is 48.5 house seats lost, 6 senate seats lost and 4.25 governors. The Democrats will probably lose around 15 house seats, which is exactly what me and Greger had been saying all along. The senate, most of the year I had the Democrats gaining one, then settled on a 50-50 split with the Dems gaining PA and the Reps NV. NV is still up for grabs as is Georgia. Arizona hasn’t been called or determined officially yet.

You heard red wave from Republicans quite a lot. Those same republicans which spouted that the polls were wrong in 2016 when in fact they were right. Republicans who didn’t know their butt from a hole in the ground when it came to assessing or predicting an election. And for your own information Rick, the polls were correct once again for 2022.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.