WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
I'm not sure that the Republicans are continuing to want to destroy our existing government. I am basing that on who won as Republicans and many seem to not be buying into that anymore. I think things may be changing a bit.

Once everything gets done and legislation begins we will get a better picture of just what is going on. Its also interesting that some are no longer buying into the Trump stuff as well. Trump had the support of the party as long as they won. They are no longer winning.

Things, I suspect, are changing and actually and hopefully, for the better. We will eventually see if folks are starting to talk to each other instead of all the fear, distrust and just plain old hate (on both sides).

Last edited by jgw; 11/12/22 08:02 PM.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
I'm not sure that the Republicans are continuing to want to destroy our existing government. I am basing that on who won as Republicans and many seem to not be buying into that anymore. I think things may be changing a bit.
2020 election denial certainly is a losing strategy. They're still trying to do that at this moment in Arizona - Lake is losing.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by jgw
2020 election denial certainly is a losing strategy. They're still trying to do that at this moment in Arizona - Lake is losing.

"I think, frankly, when a candidate screams vote fraud, it ought to be considered the equivalent of a concession speech," Sabato said.
LOL
https://www.rawstory.com/political-...al-for-evaluating-claims-of-voter-fraud/

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by jgw

"I think, frankly, when a candidate screams vote fraud, it ought to be considered the equivalent of a concession speech," Sabato said.
LOL
https://www.rawstory.com/political-...al-for-evaluating-claims-of-voter-fraud/
laugh

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
I am going to be interested in somebody who makes a claim of fraud and then gets elected to be in charge. This person is now in charge. What if that person actually believes that to be true but is also is honest and finds no problem with an election. Do they then say it was and isn't any longer? Do they try and bring in so-called experts to find what he/she couldn't find?

I also suspect that there may have been some deniers that were elected before the last election. Haven't heard of any and, given the attendance of those with questions there have been few problems as far as I know. Wonder about that..............

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

The best part of appointing war crimes and public corruption prosecutor Jack Smith as Special Counsel to oversee the twin investigations into Donald Trump is that it will be a cinch, and it will allow the subpoena of Ginni Thomas to not look political. smile

Appointing a special council does have certain other advantages, other than making it easier to subpoena Ginni. It might even make it easy to subpoena Mike Pence. Having a special council will also make it very easy to refuse Jim Jordan’s demands for information about the investigation.

It will also ensure the continuity of any prosecution after 2025, no matter who is elected (neither hypothetical Trump prosecution - the stolen documents or the coup attempt - would be done by then, even if it were indicted on December 15, the earliest possible date for either).

Merrick Garland said there were recent developments, plural, that led to this decision. One could be the GOP taking over control of Congress. After all, Scott Perry, head of the Freedom Caucus, must be a subject of this investigation. But it’s not outside the realm of possibility that the incoming House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan is too. And depending on the final split in Congress, it’s also not outside the realm of possibility that enough members are under investigation - with Perry, Jim Jordan, Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, Marjory Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, and Matt Gaetz - that it could, briefly anyway, alter the majority in Congress.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
When Merrick Garland appointed Jack Smith, Garland described the basis for the appointment not as a conflict (as Republicans and Trump are describing the investigation by a Biden appointee by his chief rival), but as an extraordinary circumstance.

If the assumption that everyone who has had their phone seized in that investigation is a subject of it, then Scott Perry, the Chair of the House Freedom Caucus, would also be included. Perry was the one who suggested that Trump replace Jeffrey Rosen with Jeffrey Clark so DOJ would endorse Trump’s challenges to the election outcome. He pushed a number of conspiracy theories at the White House and DOJ (including the whack Italian one). Along with Meadows and Rudy Giuliani, Perry was putting together plans for Trump to come to the Capitol on January 6. After one meeting with Perry, Meadows burned some papers.

if all the members of Congress who discussed or asked for pardons are included, the number grows longer, in addition to Perry, if the other politicos were included, that would include at least Matt Gaetz, Andy Biggs, Louie Gohmert, and Marjorie Taylor Greene. Jordan, Perry, Gaetz, Biggs, Gohmert, and Marge would amount to most of the probable seven person majority in the House.

Marge, as it turns out, is already dreaming up ways to defund this investigation (the means by which she wants to do this, the Holman Rule, probably wouldn’t work; I believe there’s a preauthorized fund from which Special Counsel expenses come from).

Given how close the majority in Congress is, any prosecution of a Republican member would threaten to disrupt that majority. Which means any investigation into Republican members of Congress would pose a more immediate threat to the current status quo than a Trump prosecution would.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
“I thought the investigation into the document hoax was dying, or dead or over. And the investigation into January 6 and my very peaceful and patriotic speech — Remember? Peaceful and patriotic. — was dead, especially after the record-setting 40 point loss of Liz Cheney in the great state of Wyoming. I thought it was dead. I thought that put the final nail in the coffin only to find out that the corrupt and highly political Justice Department just appointed a super radical left special counsel, better referred to as a special prosecutor, to start the process all over again.”
- Donald Trump 11/18/22
That is some pretty disturbing analysis and reasoning indicative a very sick mind. Obviously the investigations into him were not over and it was weird of him to think that. crazy

veteran
veteran
I'm not sure that the Republicans are continuing to want to destroy our existing government.
I think what you mean is rational Republicans don't want to burn it down. They want to go back to the days when they apologized for their base by protecting and lying to them for whom and what they are ... anti-government bigots.

Ahhh .... those were the days my friend when Republicans could say the Democrats were abusing the race card .... now we know the truth

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
I'm not sure that the Republicans are continuing to want to destroy our existing government.
I think what you mean is rational Republicans don't want to burn it down.

The rational Republicans are largely homeless now.
Come on, almost every single Republican in the House or Senate who didn't bend over for Trump or didn't vigorously defend him got booted out this last election.
Well over 90 percent of the Republicans in both chambers are fervent Trumpers or will fall in love and fall in line if he gets the nomination, ergo they too are Trumpers.

Fact: Never-Trumpers are no longer considered Republicans just as my own no-Trump status means that I am no longer considered part of the family according to my only siblings, my two older brothers.
The rational Repubs have been disowned, I've been disowned, the way it works is simple.

So, what I'm getting at is, rational Republicans can say or think whatever they like but they're no longer CONSIDERED Republicans. To be a Republican today requires sworn loyalty to Trump...PERIOD.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard