WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 86 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 85 86
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ideology and the letter behind the name. Conservatives vote republican, liberals vote democratic regardless of who the candidates are. Preacher or not, Warnock is seen as forgetting Georgians while Walker is seen as an idiot among a good number of swing voters. I think independents put more stock in who a candidate is than members of either political party. The R and the D is all that matters to them. Hence independents went for Warnock the first time around, viewed as a better person. Partisanship prevails with those of either major party, not so much among independents although you have those indies who lean toward one party or the other.

Warnock problem among Georgians, a good many of them is he ceased listening to them. The term used most is out of touch or forgotten. Walkers problem is that he was Trump chosen. So, neither is well liked. My take on this anyway from what I seen in the polls and a personal point of view. To be well liked by your constituents, you should pay some attention to them. Not shove them off in the closet never to be seen or heard from until election time when you open the door to get their vote. Given a decent Republican candidate, a non-Trumper, he’d have sent Warnock packing. Much like Kemp did to Abrams. Ticket splitting saved Warnock, approximately 200,000 Georgians voted for Kemp, then Warnock.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Warnock is seen as forgetting Georgians.
Warnock problem among Georgians, a good many of them is he ceased listening to them. The term used most is out of touch or forgotten.
How did Warnock "forget" Georgians? Was it that infrastructure bill that Warnock voted for? Or, did Warnock forget Georgia by voting Improved health care for veterans? Perhaps it was the CHIPS and Science Act - to help lower the cost of everyday goods, strengthen American manufacturing and innovation to which Georgians would benefit form.

Curious how Warnock "forget" Georgians. smile

...independents put more stock in who a candidate is than members of either political party. The R and the D is all that matters to them.
I've said that in in another post:
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Independents showed they could actually be independents. Usually they're just closet Repoblicans. This year, they did what they never do in midterms, they came in droves for the party in power...
To be well liked by your constituents, you should pay some attention to them. Not shove them off in the closet never to be seen or heard from until election time when you open the door to get their vote..
Did Warnock not hold any town halls? Did Warnock not spend any time in GA?

Contrarian, extraordinaire

1 member likes this: Jeffery J. Haas
enthusiast
enthusiast
Warnock spent little time in Georgia and when he did, his townhall meetings were for democrats only. I can’t give you specific incidents, all I can tell you is what Georgians felt. I didn’t save those polls as I felt they were irrelevant at the time.

There’s a big difference between David Scott, my democratic congressman who sends out e-mails and newsletters asking what you think about this issue, legislation proposal, etc and Warnock who the only time I heard from is a ton of junk mail asking for my vote within the last 3 months. Once the runoff is over and if Warnock wins, that’ll be the last I or any other Georgians will ever hear from him until the next election.

You have skin in this game because Warnock is a Democrat, I have none and don’t care who wins as I’m not loyal to any political party. Come to think of it, I do have a bone to pick with my congressman Scott, why the heck hasn’t the House passed the no change in time law the senate has already passed.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
For one thing, the Republican Senate back in 2019 picked the wrong time - they picked daylight savings instead of standard time. It should be standard time we are on all year - not DST.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Rick, the house needs to pass the sunshine act in their lame duck session or come next session, it’ll have to be reintroduced and passed by both the house and the senate. All legislation not passed by both chambers before the new session begins on 4 Jan, become null and void, non-existent for the new session. Which one, daylight or standard, I don’t care as long as we stay on one or the other. This is what I e-mailed my congressman David Scott about last night.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Here is a good article on what may happen in the Republican primaries for president in 2024. Although Trump is losing popularity within the Republican Party, his supporters being in charge of many states that set up the rules for the Republican primary in those states, they may be able to amass plenty of delegates through rules changes for Trump. I found it very interesting, in reality it isn’t the popularity of a candidate during the republican candidates who may amass much more popular votes than Trump, it boils down to who makes the rules for the primaries.

Opinion | An Early Clue on Trump’s Republican Support

https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-rules-road-stop-trump-093000325.html

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Here is a good article on what may happen in the Republican primaries for president in 2024. Although Trump is losing popularity within the Republican Party, his supporters being in charge of many states that set up the rules for the Republican primary in those states, they may be able to amass plenty of delegates through rules changes for Trump. I found it very interesting, in reality it isn’t the popularity of a candidate during the republican candidates who may amass much more popular votes than Trump, it boils down to who makes the rules for the primaries.

Opinion | An Early Clue on Trump’s Republican Support

https://www.yahoo.com/news/opinion-rules-road-stop-trump-093000325.html

The rules SHOULD be: One man, one vote.
Funny how that rankles the losing Republicans so much that they feel compelled to create an entirely new system where, if they don't win, there must be fraud.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Rick, the house needs to pass the sunshine act in their lame duck session or come next session...
The Dems took up this issue in the Senate this session?

enthusiast
enthusiast
It was passed in the senate on 15 Mar 2022

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/623#:~:text=Passed%20Senate%20(03%2F15%2F2022)

Page 72 of 86 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard