WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
enthusiast
enthusiast
The majority of Georgians disagree with you, it's that simple. You have your political beliefs, they had theirs. I happened to agree with the majority of Georgians and voted for Kemp. People all over the USA have different priorities and different views on things, also beliefs. But overall, most Georgians saw good governorship from Kemp and voted to keep him. what's important to you may not be to others or the importance isn't that high.

Apparently, abortion wasn't that important here. You don’t get an abortion every day, but you do go to the grocery store and fill up your car, do shopping much more than often than getting an abortion. 76% of Georgian’s rated the economy and rising prices as very important, 38% or important, 38% in deciding who to vote for. 53% said the abortion issues was very important, 29% or important, 14%. Gay marriage didn’t make the cut or the list of issues. People had heard for the last 60 years that the republicans were going to cut social security and Medicare, that didn’t make the cut either as it was totally ignored. Those cuts won’t happen for the next two years anyway, not with the democrats in control of the senate and Biden president. For that to happen, the GOP would have to have total control, House, senate, presidency and then do away with the filibuster. Doing away with the filibuster is something the democrats want to do, not the republicans.

The bottom line is different people have different thoughts, beliefs, view things differently and place higher and lower priorities on issues and the like that either of us. Abrams made her campaign all about abortion, the problem with that was it was a much lower priority to Georgians than rising prices and making ends meet. Kemp was seen as being a good governor, just like Sununu in New Hampshire and DeWine in Ohio and your nemeses, DeSantis in Florida.

Last edited by perotista; 11/26/22 08:52 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Abortion is symptomatic of a lager picture of Republican fascism: Taking rights away and telling people how to live their lives and who they can love.

This bigger picture seems to escape many - clearly folks who are unable see the forest through the trees - which says a lot about their ability to think and reason.

There can be no “right” to hold beliefs over what people can do with their own bodies and how to live their lives. Then again Georgia was once a very proud slave having state and many of those former pro-slavery family members still reside in Georgia today. So telling people how to live their lives is nothing new for these people.

Good to know which Americans are for rights-taking and also which ones don’t condone it. This says a lot about each of their character and who they are human beings and which side of history they choose to be on.

The bottom line for me is individual freedom over one’s body and who they love, equality in every aspect of life, and justice for all is a higher priority and I align myself with like-thinking individuals. Those who don’t have these same values, tend to clash with me. And here we are.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
DeSantis is much more smarter and more cunning and more conniving than Trump - those are the differences. Else, DeSantis and Trump are peas from the same pod. Anyone who can see the forest through the trees can see this.

"Good governors' don't sign bills taking established rights away. smile

...and for the record, my life is not predicated on a belief system, my life is predicated on a values-based system. cool

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Abortion is symptomatic of a lager picture of Republican fascism: Taking rights away and telling people how to live their lives and who they can love.

This bigger picture seems to escape many - clearly folks who are unable see the forest through the trees - which says a lot about their ability to think and reason.

There can be no “right” to hold beliefs over what people can do with their own bodies and how to live their lives. Then again Georgia was once a very proud slave having state and many of those former pro-slavery family members still reside in Georgia today. So telling people how to live their lives is nothing new for these people.

Good to know which Americans are for rights-taking and also which ones don’t condone it. This says a lot about each of their character and who they are human beings and which side of history they choose to be on.

The bottom line for me is individual freedom over one’s body and who they love, equality in every aspect of life, and justice for all is a higher priority and I align myself with like-thinking individuals. Those who don’t have these same values, tend to clash with me. And here we are.
Do whatever a person wants with their own bodies, what your feelings about prostatution? It falls into the same category of a woman doing whatever she wants with her own body. Personally, I think both should be legal.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
I have no problem with sex workers. My issue is that it be legalized so they don't have to look over their shoulder out of constant fear that they be arrested and that they have regular health checkups.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
DeSantis is much more smarter and more cunning and more conniving than Trump - those are the differences. Else, DeSantis and Trump are peas from the same pod. Anyone who can see the forest through the trees can see this.

"Good governors' don't sign bills taking established rights away. smile

...and for the record, my life is not predicated on a belief system, my life is predicated on a values-based system. cool
I don’t think one can determine whether a person is decent or not by his political beliefs. Actions with family, the neighborhood, community etc. in my opinion has more to do with being a decent person than being a republican or a democrat, conservative or liberal or one’s voting habits.

I also don’t have a problem with people trying to make ends meet, trying to get through today for voting for the party they think will help them make ends meet and for them to see tomorrow. I may need to put food on the table today, put clothes on the kids, gas in the car to go to work today, etc. Abortion may not be wanted for years into the future if it ever is. I think this was the thinking of many Georgians and Americans this midterm.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
I don’t think one can determine whether a person is decent or not by his political beliefs. Actions with family, the neighborhood, community etc. in my opinion has more to do with being a decent person than being a republican or a democrat, conservative or liberal or one’s voting habits.
Agreed. Actions tells us the decency of an individual.

...and speaking of actions:

I also don’t have a problem with people trying to make ends meet, trying to get through today for voting for the party they think will help them make ends meet and for them to see tomorrow. I may need to put food on the table today, put clothes on the kids, gas in the car to go to work today, etc.
Agreed. However, the 2017 Republican tax cuts tells us everything we need to know about the Rs, and here's why: Eighty-seven percent of the 2017 tax cut went to the top 1% with thirteen percent going to 331M Americans to split.

Secondly, the 2017 tax cuts sunsets for everyone who is not a 1% in 2024. The 2017 Republican tax cut NEVER sunsets for the 1%.

Third, the 2017 favored "carry-overs' for the 1% in perpetuity. Prior to the 2017 Republican tax cut, carry-overs ended after seven years. A carry-over is provision that allows a taxpayer to move a tax loss to future years to offset a profit. (Golly! Who do you think THAT was for? If you guessed Trump - you'd be correct)

For the layperson to think that the Rs are on their side, they need a heavy dose of reality. smile

Abortion may not be wanted for years into the future if it ever is. I think this was the thinking of many Georgians and Americans this midterm.
Here's the thing - a woman never knows when she'll be a victim of sexual assault. Be prepared is a good motto. cool

A CNN exit poll from the midterms showed that abortion was number two following inflation as number one.

1 member likes this: perotista
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree with you, mark that down on your calender. Here's something else. Not related to abortion, but to governing.

I mentioned that independents made up 40% plus of the electorate. Independents continue to grow, the two major parties continue to shrink. Why and what are these so-called independents, swing voters, the non-affiliated, less to non-partisan looking for? I think Alaska has provided the answer.

9 Democrats and 8 Republicans form bipartisan majority in Alaska Senate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/9-democrats-8-republicans-form-144900435.html

This is exactly what I been searching for, well, for a lifetime. The closest the senate in Washington came to this was back in 2001.

Senate approves 50-50 power-sharing plan

https://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/01/05/senate.powershare/index.html

Which shows it can be done. The only thing in my opinion stopping something like this from happening are the ideologues and the super, mega, ultra-high partisans of both parties.

veteran
veteran
the ideologues and the super, mega, ultra-high partisans of both parties
Could you explain who they are, what makes them everything you said and why is what they believe everything you said?

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

veteran
veteran
Anthony Ornato in rebuttal to Cassidy Hutchinson stated he did not tell her that story about Trump. Now he claims he can't remember what he said. So I guess memory is one of those things you can recall under subpoena only when it is convenient .... good to know

these MAGA characters are slugs

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: NW Ponderer
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard