WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by jgw - 06/11/24 08:38 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by perotista - 06/10/24 11:53 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/10/24 06:17 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:20 AM
Watching the Supreme Court
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:15 AM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (NW Ponderer), 25 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,171,716 my own book page
5,023,357 We shall overcome
4,205,032 Campaign 2016
3,799,214 Trump's Trumpet
3,020,939 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,300
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 9
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,095
Posts313,909
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You don't think that's going to happen because, by your own admission, you don't really pay attention to current events.

Jeffery, why do you wander off into fiction and made up Bullsh*t to make your point. I've never watched the Simpsons and have no idea what the Feck you are talking about...

is the Simpsons required reading for your level of political discourse?

I HAVE NEVER SAID I DONT PAY ATTENTION TO COURRENT EVENTS.

I don't watch teevee because I"M F*CKNG DEAF.

I READ THE GODDAM NEWS! For hours every day. Because I"M FU*CKING DEAF AND DON"T WATCH TEEVEE

The end of democracy is worth only $20 to you?

Does that include violence at the polls, Laws against fair elections, and a major change to voting practices or candidate choice In the US?

Or is it $20 bucks apiece? Starting with violence at the polls in three weeks? No violence, you admit a loss and pay up.

Then we'll wait for the laws against fair elections or state legislators turning over fair results because they didn't win.

And that fascist regime...where Republicans seize and hold power forever because fascism is forever and all Americans are weak ass pussies who will allow that to happen.

Or simply too stupid to care. Like you believe me to be?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
The end of democracy is worth only $20 to you?

Does that include violence at the polls, Laws against fair elections, and a major change to voting practices or candidate choice In the US?

Or is it $20 bucks apiece? Starting with violence at the polls in three weeks? No violence, you admit a loss and pay up.

Then we'll wait for the laws against fair elections or state legislators turning over fair results because they didn't win.

And that fascist regime...where Republicans seize and hold power forever because fascism is forever and all Americans are weak ass pussies who will allow that to happen.

Or simply too stupid to care. Like you believe me to be?

When you say "deaf" I have to ask what that means in a practical sense because you might be saying that you have pretty much zero hearing, as in profoundly deaf, or it might mean that you have significant hearing loss, enough to ALMOST but not quite classify as a disability.

I got put out to pasture as a camera guy because not only do I have floaters in both eyes but even if I didn't, I can no longer hear well enough to follow dialogue unless I am standing next to the person speaking, and it also means I'm the guy going "what did he say?" when a director says something to the crew.
I can't claim my hearing loss as a legit disability because I CAN hear some stuff.
It's anything above about 4000 Hz where it drops off, so consonants in speech get muddled and my wife often ends up sounding like the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoons, "whahhh-whahhh whahh whahhh".
I can HEAR her, I just can't always make out what she is saying...her voice falls into that part of the audio scale where it's hard to understand her unless I am right in front of her.

If you're so deaf that headphones don't work for you anymore then my profuse apologies.

I do USE headphones these days and sometimes I even use closed captioning, but part of that is due to the fact that sound mixing for TV has taken a nosedive in the last five or six years.
Everyone is mixing for 7.1 Dolby Home Theater and we do HAVE such an animal in the living room but most of the time we're watching TV together in the bedroom with our meager Stereo 2.1 TV with the two built in tiny speakers and the dialogue which is supposed to coming out of the center channel is buried because we don't HAVE "center channel" in the bedroom.

I don't think you're the least bit stupid, quite the opposite.
But I GET THE IMPRESSION that you largely don't care because some of the stuff you say gives off that notion.
And who knows, maybe if my life was different there'd be a lot of things I wouldn't care about either.
But my hand of cards is what it is and I can't change that hand but I do try to leverage some effort on things that matter to me just like anyone else would.

And one of the things I happen to care about seems like it's under threat from a party that has finally said the quiet part out loud, namely that elections cannot be trusted with voters because the voters are wrong and the (Qanon) state government is ALWAYS RIGHT.

Twenty bucks is all I can afford right now, sorry!

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
is the Simpsons required reading for your level of political discourse?

It is often said that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
If states are allowed to overturn an election that they don't like, voting will FEEL LIKE having a kiddie steering wheel in "Mommy's car" where you can turn the wheel any direction you like but it won't have any effect.

And you know that.
And you know why I used that graphic as a representation, so let's put aside your reaction to my use of graphics for the moment, as I was using it to cut the bandwidth of my always overly wordy responses.

deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump: Terminiate the Constitution

The 76-year old orange crybaby is just having a bad week. Trump had a strong reaction to Elon Musk’s much-hyped information dump on the handling of the Hunter Biden laptop story: he called for the “termination” of the U.S. Constitution. But also:

• The 11th US Circuit Court of Appeals reversed Aileen Cannon’s decision to appoint a special master
  • Trump's tax returns which are finally in the hands of the House committee.
  • More negative info regarding Trump's pre-TDay dinner meeting with anti-Semite Ye and White Nationalist Nick Fuetes and isn't going away.
  • Trump chided for recording a video expressing sympathy and solidarity for the American terrorists who attacked the Capitol on January 6 - as a fund-raising effort.

So what does the orange crybaby do? Calls for the termination of the US Constitution.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Biden rebukes Trump for saying constitution should be ‘terminated’

As Trump says "Dump the Constitution so I win 2020!" Think any Repubs will reproach him for this? I bet today's Sunday shows will be a desert. smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
During an appearance on ABC's This Week, Ohio US House Rep. Dave Joyce (R-OH) stated at one point that people need to take Trump's comments "in context," added that he would still support the former president if he is the 2024 GOP presidential candidate.

Nice to know where the GOP stands on issues such as terminating the Constitution to acquiesce to Donald Trump. smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Today on Truth Social, Trump is claming that our collective lying eyes didn't read what he did write on Truth Social calling for the 'termination' of the Constitution.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Today on Truth Social, Trump is claming that our collective lying eyes didn't read what he did write on Truth Social calling for the 'termination' of the Constitution.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

deepfreezefilms.com
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Unless Donald Trump has a different definition of "termination" than the rest of the English-speaking world has, he called for the "termination" of the Constitution.

Donald Trump will be U.S. history's greatest loser until the day he dies, after which point he will still be that.

Trump is literally still calling for the overthrow of the United States government. No self-respecting democracy would look at us askance if Special Counsel Jack Smith went ahead and arrested Trump this afternoon.

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack for crying out loud, indict and arrest that prick.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard