WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 72 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
I’ll leave it to you to answer your own questions.

How’s bout some gambling?

We both give our predictions on how this will end. Whichever’s prediction comes closest stays. Whoever’s the furthest leaves. Permanently.

You game?

No, I'll leave when I decide to leave.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Didn’t think you had em.

Ok then. Just a mark to see how much you know with your lights and insights into your big bad Putin and ‘the plans’, what’s your assessment of the current condition of the two combatant parties? When and how do you see it ending?

Less crapping on about others Jeff. Let’s hear your opinions on where you think it’s heading.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 12/07/22 05:13 AM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Here, let me get you started Jeff. I’m about to post an argument from an observer of the oil price cap. He will state at the outset why he thinks this is a bad idea. Give his reasons why by offering his evidence. Then restate his opinion with a further observation in his conclusion.

Which is:

‘ In the best-case scenario this will mean we will have to source our oil from elsewhere, likely at a substantially higher price. In the worst-case scenario, we will suffer from serious oil shortages as we find ourselves unable to make up for the Russian supplies that we have lost. This means a lot more inflationary pressure and a lot more potential for shortages. Most of our supply chains, for example, rely on diesel fuel to function. In the case of oil shortages, expect these to translate into shortages of basic goods in your local shop.

History will surely look back on the great European energy crisis of 2022-23 as one of the strangest historical phenomena on record. The Europeans have voluntarily destroyed their economies to impose sanctions on Russia that are having no real impact on their target. As the winter cold sets in, we would be well-advised to change course.

The Russian oil price cap won’t work

I happen to agree with his rationale. I think this will hurt the EU more than it does Russia. There already evidence to support this view.

Generally, economic numbers are more reality based as there large sums of money involved at the wholesale level. Shipping tonnage, insurance issuances, port activity. Steel output, etc.. This is an easy one. We can check the numbers going forward

Do you think this will hurt the EU more than Russia going forward?

If not, why not, if yes why yes. Based on what. Feelings don’t count here. Money talking. What’s your best guess how this price cap will work out for the players involved?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Do you think this will hurt the EU more than Russia going forward?

Due to Putin's invasion of Ukraine, yes---everyone will be forced to become more resourceful, as they had to once before.

[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Didn’t think you were capable.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

I'm only pointing out how bad it got and how far people were willing to go to remain independent.
The Germans lost their petroleum supply and resorted to using wood gas and coal gas to get around.
And yet here you are bargaining that Europe will just vote to accept a brand new Iron Curtain so they can have cheaper gasoline and heating oil.

"Just accept Russian encroachment into Europe, or we'll freeze your asses this winter. Come on, it's not so bad, you let Putin have his way and you can be nice and warm again. Never mind all that nonsense about democracy, you wanna be warm, dontcha?"

In five months it will be April and Europe will be warming up again.
You have five months to make your case for your buddy Putin.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Here's how you can help yourself stateside, Chunkstyle!
Encourage Kirsten Sinema to flip and go Republican!

She's a former Green Party 9/11 Truther, almost as far as you can go and still have hopes of being elected to Congress, and I bet she will put on that red MAGA hat with the slightest encouragement.

You should, too.

And then you can blame all us shitlib Democrats for forcing you to do it!

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yevgeniy Dolmatovsky:

As war with the German Nazis approached, Yevgeniy was made a military correspondent because his poems had become famous and were made into songs used for propaganda purposes.
Two months into the war with Germany, he was wounded and captured.
Being a Soviet captured by Nazis is bad. Being a Jew captured by Nazis is lethal.

But Yevgeniy escaped! Sheltered by a Ukrainian family who risked their lives to do so, Dolmatovsky recuperated then headed back to the front lines and was captured again, this time by the Italians.

But he escaped again.
Goddamn those Ukrainian Nazis.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas

I'm only pointing out how bad it got and how far people were willing to go to remain independent.
The Germans lost their petroleum supply and resorted to using wood gas and coal gas to get around.
And yet here you are bargaining that Europe will just vote to accept a brand new Iron Curtain so they can have cheaper gasoline and heating oil.

"Just accept Russian encroachment into Europe, or we'll freeze your asses this winter. Come on, it's not so bad, you let Putin have his way and you can be nice and warm again. Never mind all that nonsense about democracy, you wanna be warm, dontcha?"

In five months it will be April and Europe will be warming up again.
You have five months to make your case for your buddy Putin.

It’s all your raving but you still are too chicken sh!t to answer a simple question.

Big suprise.

Been here done that. Chicken hawks all behave the same. Disparage anyone who doesn’t buy their lines. Always deflecting from real interrogation of the claims their making. Always pulling that credentialing crap. As though there’s inferred intelligence. The shop worn sales pitching of military intervention wrapped in ‘self determination’, freedom, mockracy.

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Here's how you can help yourself stateside, Chunkstyle!
Encourage Kirsten Sinema to flip and go Republican!

She's a former Green Party 9/11 Truther, almost as far as you can go and still have hopes of being elected to Congress, and I bet she will put on that red MAGA hat with the slightest encouragement.

You should, too.

And then you can blame all us shitlib Democrats for forcing you to do it!

Ok.

Page 68 of 72 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard