WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Personally, I don’t give a coyote’s howl what happens to Trump as long as he gone from politics.
You should, Trump tried to destroy American democracy AND stole top secret national security docs and you're not upset about that?

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don’t let politics upset me. When there’s nothing I can do about it, why get upset over something you can’t control or help. What’s going to happen with Trump is going to happen or not. All the ranting and raving on a political site isn’t about to change anything. Sit back, relax and enjoy. Have your say, get it out of your system. Life goes on.

The old saying patience is a virtue I think is true in Trump’s case. I believe he’s going to get what coming to him. Be that via the DOJ or the Atlanta DA or just being spurned and scorned by the public at large. He’s losing his power within the Republican Party, he’s a has been who doesn’t know it yet. His avid followers who have now fell to around 40% of the GOP don’t know it yet either. That’s down from a high of 65%. It also seems neither do the democrats realize Trump’s a has been who is fast becoming irrelevant on the political scene. Trump has taken his last shot chance with all his very poor quality, extreme and unqualified candidates he chose in November. That failed big time.

Donald Trump Is Being Encouraged to Move on From Political Life in a Not-So-Subtle Way by Mitch McConnell

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...d-move-182033348.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
Trump tried to destroy American democracy AND stole top secret national security docs
P does not respond to anything but recitations of polls. The polls on whether anyone is has a response to either is a divided 50-50, where one side believes it is significant and the other believes it is a nothing-burger. Based on that P would probably say since it is evenly divided it means there is nothing to see here, since the polling responses are partisan and not based on reality.

While P believed it was inconceivable that anyone would try to overthrow the government ... in America no less ... I was typing furiously alerting people to the very real possibility it was well within a narcissists purview to do just that. Even now as testimony is revealed it seems almost like a work of fiction by some demented mind the lengths Trump went to try and overthrow the government.

Nothing to see here????? .... I guess P would have said in 1865 .... that was a nothing-burger .... just partisans squabbling.

The conspiracy to overthrow the government will go down in history as one of the most significant events in American history, except in Florida where any mention will be deleted by Gov De Santos

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: pdx rick
veteran
veteran
I believe I typed that well over a year ago when I predicted Trump would run for office in 2024, while everyone was saying he would not run. And yes he may well be indicted, which MAGA-heads would see as a plus, they're coming to get us, and he may even have been convicted, an even bigger plus. It's the anti-logic of ignorant people.

I am 50-50 on whether he gets convicted. Jury nullification is bigly. These MAGA-heads would lie, cheat, steal for him, and definitely fall on their sword for him.

I can't predict this far in advance who would win the 2024, but what I know is the world will be different in 2 years, and right-wing nationalism may have infected a large chunk of Americans. Nothing warms the cockles of my heart better than thinking a demented narcissist may be the next occupant of the WH and his first act as occupant would be to parson himself of all past and future crimes he has and may commit.

Can't happen in America you say .... I just gotta laugh .... everything is possible America

ignorance is the enemy

enthusiast
enthusiast
Keeping track of what America as a whole, all of America is thinking and feeling is what I do. Not just what 1/3rd or less is thinking and feeling. How better to know what all of America is thinking than polls. That is until there’s a better way. Trump won’t win the GOP nomination. He announced his bid for the presidency so early hoping that would stop any indictments. Also, so if either the Democratic headed DOJ or the Democratic DA in Atlanta does charge him, he can scream political persecution.

It's independents that interest me, not Democrats nor Republicans. They’re so readable it isn’t funny, no challenge at all. Now independents, the non-affiliated, less to non-partisans, 40% plus of the electorate, now they’re fascinating. Hard to read at times even with the help of the polls. What do most independents think of Trump, most have forgotten about him. Ancient history. Although Trump does alter what I think would be independents normal voting habits due to their high dislike of the man. We seen that in 2020 and again in 2022.

I think one thing all of you need to remember, I’m not a party loyalist. I’m not a partisan for either party. I’d classify myself as the average swing voter/ticket splitter. Trump won’t win the GOP nomination for 2024. More and more republicans are getting tired of losing because of him. But Trump will continue to have his, control his faction within the GOP. But that faction is shrinking. How soon they become irrelevant? I don’t know, but I do know it’s just a matter of time.

Now if you all don’t give an owl’s hoot about what all of America thinks and cares about, let me know and I’ll stop positing and depart the AO. That you only care or want to know only about Democrats, leftist etc. think and are doing, no one else. Then I’ll say it has been fun which I have enjoyed it here. But I’ll not let the door hit me in the butt.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
Trump won’t win the GOP nomination for 2024
let's see ... if I recollect, you said he wouldn't run in 2024. If you're reading polling tea leaves ... get a new manual. I didn't rely on polling. I talked to MAGA-heads. Trump is still their voice and by extension their savior.

The problem with your conclusion is Trump is the only person who has control of THE BASE i.e. MAGA-heads. When Republicans finally wake up and realize no one can win nomination without THE BASE, they will once again board the train to nowhere, otherwise known as the Trump Train.

Now if you all don’t give an owl’s hoot about what all of America thinks ....
This is weird.

Conservatives must live in an alternate universe. The only reason I have engaged with you is to get your opinions ... not the results of polling. I can read the polls. I understand the mathematics of polling. I don't care what the polling says, but I do care what you think. When I ask a question like, do you think what happened on Jan 6 was an insurrection, I don't want a poll which says half the country believes it was not and half believes it was .... I want your opinion. Does Jan 5 qualify for the definition of an insurrection??? If it doesn't please tell me why not. The question is what on outside observer would ask, not a partisan.

Maybe I am not using the right words.

ignorance is the enemy

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
It certainly was an insurrection, just an insurrection run by Trump. But just because everything he does is a failure, doesn't mean he didn't do it. Or that it wasn't criminal. People died as a result of what he did. If people die in the stampede when you shout "FIRE" in a crowded theater, you are guilty of manslaughter at the least.

More than just the events on January 6th, all the plotting before that, all the cover-up attempts afterwards, all the requests for pardons, and all the hundreds of times plotters plead the Fifth under oath are evidence this was an insurrection. DOJ has mountains of evidence, including direct evidence of their criminal intent. I still think a RICO prosecution would be appropriate. If they were Black, that would be a foregone conclusion.

Educating anyone benefits everyone.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rporter314
Trump won’t win the GOP nomination for 2024
let's see ... if I recollect, you said he wouldn't run in 2024. If you're reading polling tea leaves ... get a new manual. I didn't rely on polling. I talked to MAGA-heads. Trump is still their voice and by extension their savior.

The problem with your conclusion is Trump is the only person who has control of THE BASE i.e. MAGA-heads. When Republicans finally wake up and realize no one can win nomination without THE BASE, they will once again board the train to nowhere, otherwise known as the Trump Train.

Now if you all don’t give an owl’s hoot about what all of America thinks ....
This is weird.

Conservatives must live in an alternate universe. The only reason I have engaged with you is to get your opinions ... not the results of polling. I can read the polls. I understand the mathematics of polling. I don't care what the polling says, but I do care what you think. When I ask a question like, do you think what happened on Jan 6 was an insurrection, I don't want a poll which says half the country believes it was not and half believes it was .... I want your opinion. Does Jan 5 qualify for the definition of an insurrection??? If it doesn't please tell me why not. The question is what on outside observer would ask, not a partisan.

Maybe I am not using the right words.
It’s like I said, I’m interested in all of America, much more than just myself. I don’t give a cow’s moo about the right or the left themselves other than how each fit into the grand scheme of things. I’m much more interested in swing voters, the 40% or so who falls in-between the left and right with no political party to call home. Elections are my main interest and swing voters decide elections. Not Republicans nor Democrats. I’m interested in how will different folks from different backgrounds, political ideology, race, age, experience etc. will vote. Polls are excellent to finding that out.

You want to know how I feel or think on a certain issue, ask. Here again, I’m more interested in how every American, all Americans feel and think than how I as a single, lone individual thinks or feels. I’m one vote out of 160 million or so. Kind of totally irrelevant to the grand scheme of things.

I dislike Trump immensely; I said that more than a few times here, but once should be all that’s necessary. I find no need in repeating myself a thousand times. But I’m more interested in how all of America sees or view him than myself. I know how I view Trump, but not all of America. I know how the left views Trump, but not all of America. I know how the right viewed Trump, but not all of America. Throw in swing voters, add them all together via a poll, then you do have all of America view of Trump.

Polls, they show Trump is losing power, influence after 3 loses in a row for the GOP. I think 2022 was a huge loss for them even if they regained the house. From an election point of view, I find it very interesting that now non-MAGA Republicans outnumber MAGA Republicans, that Trump Very Favorable among Republicans have fallen from 65% down to 37%, that more Republicans prefer DeSantis as their 2024 nominee than Trump in a head to head contest. All this information and more can only be attained from polls, no where else. As time goes by, the trend since January is Trump is losing his influence within the GOP. Big drop after November.

Perhaps more important is that Trump’s announcement he’s running for the presidency was basically met with a shrug and a lack of enthusiasm by most Republicans. The exception was the MAGA Republicans which are now in the minority within the GOP. Most Republicans want to move on past Trump. One last thing on Trump running, the Republican primaries. Head to head, no other GOP nominees, DeSantis leads Trump 48-40. Now when the whole field is concerned, Trump leads the field because DeSantis’s 48% is divided up between other candidates. Trump 40%, DeSantis 35%, Pence 7, Haley 4, Cruz 2, Cheney 3, Rubio 1, with some below the 1% mark. Now compare this to October polls, pre-November midterm which had Trump at 49%, DeSantis 24%, Pence 9%, Haley 3% with the rest at 2 or below.

The polls show the influence of Trump is dropping along with those Republicans who want Trump as their nominee. From 49% down to 40%, DeSantis on the rise from 24% to 35%. Which simply means is that 60% of Republicans want someone else other than Trump to be their nominee. So far, they haven’t decided who. Trump may be running, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to win the GOP nomination. The trend is against him.

I placed Trump into the has been category after he lost in Nov 2022. That is in the national has been category, not in the Republican has been category. Trump still had his influence of that 30% of the electorate that is the Republican Party. After November this year, The GOP is joining the rest of the nation in throwing off Trump’s influence. Trump’s influence over the Republican Party lead to a huge loss in 2022. It takes more than just 30% of the electorate, the GOP base to win elections as we seen this midterm, the 2020 presidential and the 2018 midterms. It takes winning the independent, the swing voter, those not affiliated with either party, the less to non-partisan voters. Those voters who make up 40% of the electorate, more than the Democratic Party’s base, more than the Republican Party’s base. Polls my friend provide the clues, the trends, many answers. Not all answers, but probably most.

Bottom line, what to know where I stand on any issue or politicians, ask. I have this habit of putting how all of America views things over personal views or feelings. If you don’t care about 100% of America, care only about your 30% of the left, let me know. I’ll let you all have at it. All this means is my interests are different, mine all of America, yours, just the 30% or so on the left.

veteran
veteran
an insurrection run by Trump
well ... don't jump to conclusions.

This is one of those strange things about Trump; there never appears to be direct evidence of his involvement. Everything I have seen so far is circumstantial. Perhaps there is a preponderance of circumstance. The problem is everyone involved directly with the coup have taken the 5th. Perhaps one of the conspirators will flip and show SP Smith where the "dead bodies" are buried.

While I believe it would be very strange for a coup to be happening without the consent or knowledge of the person who will be replacing the new head of government, I believe the circumstantial evidence needs to be overwhelming, I mean tsunami overwhelming, or have a credible conspiratorial witness against Trump for an effective prosecution.

ignorance is the enemy

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
an insurrection run by Trump
well ... don't jump to conclusions.

This is one of those strange things about Trump; there never appears to be direct evidence of his involvement. Everything I have seen so far is circumstantial. Perhaps there is a preponderance of circumstance. The problem is everyone involved directly with the coup have taken the 5th. Perhaps one of the conspirators will flip and show SP Smith where the "dead bodies" are buried.

While I believe it would be very strange for a coup to be happening without the consent or knowledge of the person who will be replacing the new head of government, I believe the circumstantial evidence needs to be overwhelming, I mean tsunami overwhelming, or have a credible conspiratorial witness against Trump for an effective prosecution.

We know how to deal with mobsters, so we need to be doing more of that, not standing on ceremony and technicalities. Mobsters are particularly adept at exploiting these weak spots.

Sorry, but they only understand one thing, a bigger mobster.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard