WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#346843 01/04/23 06:58 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I know, many have suggested this but, now, I think its done. He tried to get involved in the currently Republican disaster and was simply ignored by one and all. I suspect that his followers are no longer donating money to him and the question of his popularity tells us he is not. The media, who created, and nurtured him for free, is no longer rushing to put him on TV which means he is not the money put for TV folk as he once was as well.

He is being ignored by one and all. His popularity is going away. It also seems that the Republican party itself is ignoring him and his so-called base is not voting as he has suggested they should as well.

On top of that his own daughter seems to be bailing as well.

My own thought is that voters and others have just had enough and are moving on.

This, in turn, probably means that those who are dealing with charges will free considerably more free as well.

Things are not all bad!

Last edited by jgw; 01/04/23 07:00 PM.
2 members like this: pdx rick, NW Ponderer
jgw #346845 01/04/23 09:56 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I suspect there are still quite a few MAGAt fools parting with their money to support Trump. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

pdx rick #346850 01/05/23 08:37 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Yep, I agree. However, there doesn't seem to be as many as there were and they don't seem to be voting as a block anymore.

I just think that he is at the stage where he is boring everybody.

As usual, in the fullness of time, etc.

jgw #346852 01/05/23 11:39 PM
veteran
veteran
Please don't confuse or conflate real elected Republicans who have been extorted by THE BASE to support Trump or at least be complicit in their tacit support for Trump. Real elected Republicans have always had problems with Trump but could never say anything because they stood a chance of being primaried. It was all about maintaining power for these characters.

Now however, as some of these real elected Republicans have seen some softening or possible softening of Trump influence, they have finally become more vocal with their discontent. Not true of the MAGA-heads. I see two camps of real Trump supporters. In one camp are the always and true loyal Trump supporters. He is their voice and their savior. In the other camp are loyalist Trump supporters who have been compromised by Jan6. Witness Rusty Bowers. He stood up for the law, but when asked if he would support Trump in 2024, he said yes, got too much criticism, so "changed" his mind and said no. He lost his election i.e. THE BASE unelected him.

No Trump supporter in my neck of the woods has taken down their flags or signs from 2020. I have to conclude THE BASE continues to support Trump. What this means is no matter what real elected Republicans say now, they do not realize they can not get re-elected without THE BASE. Trump controls the largest faction of people who vote Republican. Bear that in mind with any political analysis of Trump's influence.

Apparently some very loyal Trump supporters are telling Trump, he is backing the wrong horse. Let's see what Trump does. He always follows when he hears hosannas for Trump.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

jgw #346853 01/06/23 03:54 AM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Matt Gaetz (R-FL) nominated Trump for Speaker of the House. Trump got one vote - from Matt Gaetz. :giggle :roflmao

jgw #346856 01/06/23 12:51 PM
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Where we disagree on Trump is you all want him in jail, I don’t care if that is where he ends up or not. But we agree Trump has been bad for politics and the country and must go. How, I don’t care. You guys do care, you only want him in jail. We only differ on how he goes and where he ends up. An exile to Timbuktu would be fine with me. There will be no minds changed.

Regardless of the above, I’ve been saying Trump was a has been, done for since he lost in November of 2020. Sure, he had power within the Republican Party as shown in the GOP primaries where his chosen candidates won. But his power was limited to the GOP. Roughly one third of the nation. His power nationally was gone, winning an election far beyond his reach and power. This is what I looked at, I didn’t care if he still held the power within the Republican Party, he had none nationally. Most of his chosen candidates lost last November, Tshibaka, Mastriano, Oz, Lake, Masters, Cox, Diehl, Bolduc, Walker, Laxalt and more. After November, more Republicans wanted to ditch Trump. They want to win general elections, not just primaries. The GOP is in the process of de-Trumpization. Making him a has been even within GOP ranks. Non-MAGA Republicans now out number MAGA Republicans 47-36%. Most Republicans gave Trump’s announcement that he’s running for the presidency again a shrug. No excitement, no enthusiasm. He’s a has been all around. He’s done as you all state, toast, becoming just an irrelevant pain in the butt, a has been who can only dream of what he once was. He’s no longer a player, but a spectator.

The Republican Party has now entered a civil war among their different factions. MAGA-Republicans fighting to retain power as in denying McCarthy the speakership. Chaos reigns within the GOP. This is their last-ditch effort to retain power and their hold over the Republican Party. But instead of a majority, MAGA-Republicans have fallen to a plurality, they still have the largest faction within the GOP. The question to be answered is can the other factions unite to defeat them, make them irrelevant or will the disunity of the other factions lead to MAGA still retaining their hold over the Republican Party. Time will provide the answer.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
jgw #346859 01/06/23 01:47 PM
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
When I say I want to see him in jail, I'm being nice. Honestly, I think he has committed treason and should be hung! And there are several others that should be right next to him on the gallows.

Trump himself might be done, but his impressions will continue to be a burden to the country. The power hungry politicians have seen a glimpse of the path to totalitarianism that Trump has shown them. I expect the process will continue to be improved upon until it succeeds.

Good doesn't always win!
perotista #346861 01/06/23 05:05 PM
veteran
veteran
Where we disagree on Trump is you all want him in jail, I don’t care if that is where he ends up or not. But we agree Trump has been bad for politics and the country and must go. How, I don’t care. You guys do care, you only want him in jail. We only differ on how he goes and where he ends up.
LOL .... I still you still don't get it.

You think he is bad for politics and I have to conclude that is about as partisan as one can get. For all your demonstrations about being non-partisan it turns out you are a Republican/conservative partisan i.e. Trump is bad for Republican/conservative politics.

I don't want him in jail because he is bad for politics, because I don't care how or why he is bad for politics, I want him in jail because he BROKE THE LAW!!!!!!! Perhaps you can explain how that is being partisan???? Don't consult a poll ... use your own words. Did he commit a crime? If not why not? if so what should be done? I suspect if he was a neighborhood Joe you would have the answers. Being a politician makes no difference to me regardless of which political persuasion he belongs. If you break the law, I hope to God someone prosecutes you, otherwise we live in a Darwinian survival fest, not a land ruled by law.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

1 member likes this: pdx rick
perotista #346862 01/06/23 05:54 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Where we disagree on Trump is you all want him in jail, I don’t care if that is where he ends up or not.
You don't care that the fomenter of the J620 insurrection serves jail time or not? You don't care that the guy who stole national documents serves jail time or not?

Do you think that crimes against the United States should go unpunished?

Kaine #346863 01/06/23 05:57 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Kaine
When I say I want to see him in jail, I'm being nice. Honestly, I think he has committed treason and should be hung! And there are several others that should be right next to him on the gallows.
Interesting to note that Trump brought back the firing squad during his tenure. What a fitting punishment for Trump. smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard