I was going over the favorable/unfavorable ratings of several politicians. I’ve always believed what these elected officials are thought of nationally is irrelevant. It’s what the people, voters think of them in their district or state that counts. Nationally, no one can vote these people out of office or reelect them except the folks who live in their district or state.

Nationally
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez 32/43 favorable/unfavorable
Kyrsten Sinema 21/33 favorable/unfavorable
Marjorie Taylor Greene 28/40 favorable/unfavorable
Mitt Romney 34/45 favorable/unfavorable
George Santos 17/52 favorable/unfavorable
Ron DeSantis 41/35 favorable/unfavorable
Nikki Haley 34/28 favorable/unfavorable
Joe Biden 44/51 favorable/unfavorable
Kamala Harris 40/50 favorable/unfavorable
Kevin McCarthy 33/41 favorable/unfavorable
Mitch McConnell 25/56 favorable/unfavorable
Chuck Schumer 33/43 favorable/unfavorable
Hakeem Jeffries28/28 favorable/unfavorable
Donald Trump 40/55 favorable/unfavorable

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/o5fgyskici/econTabReport.pdf

It seems a lot of these folks, elected officials are unknown by many nationally. Which may explain why DeSantis, Haley are viewed positively, Jeffries is a wash at 28-28, but everyone else is viewed negatively by all Americans. Some more than others.

But again, does it really matter what all of America thinks of these people? There’s nothing any of them can do about them unless they can vote for or against them. This doesn’t apply to Biden, Trump, Harris, DeSantis, Haley who either are or might be running for national office, the presidency. These few I think what all of America thinks of them is important. These rest, no.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.