WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
Biden proposes debate schedule but refused to participate in any of the Bipartisan debate commission’s debates.

Defying election tradition, Biden proposes debating Trump twice, wants first one in June.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/defying-election-tradition-biden-proposes-125229621.html

I think this is great. The Republicans or RNC has withdrawn from the Bipartisan debate commission anyway. The problem with the Bipartisan debate commission debate schedule has always been in my opinion, their debates were scheduled after early voting has begun in several states. This makes sense to me. A June debate and another in September.

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/14/1092...iased-commission-on-presidential-debates

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
Rick, A lot of folks aren’t planning on voting this year or planning on voting third party against both Trump and Biden. On both sides and especially those of the independent, swing voter persuasion. Young voters 18-29 are currently polling Biden by a 48-27 margin. Biden won this group 60-36 in 2020. Even with less young ones voting, the drop is 12 and 11 points from both Biden and Trump. Those young ones planning on not voting isn’t hurting either one. At least as of today. It’s independents and swing voters where Biden has his problem. Swing voters are currently 38-34 Trump over Biden. In 2020 Biden won this group 54-41 over Trump. It’s this group I check on daily. Biden doesn’t have a problem with any other group, just independents. Most independents which dislike both major party candidate, have an unfavorable view of both. 27% favorable Biden, not Trump, 31% favorable Trump, not Biden, 37% unfavorable view of both.

Young voters favor the Palestinians over the Israelis by a 32-13 margin. But independents favor the Israelis by a 34-16 margin. The stoppage of arms shipments to Israel has hurt Biden among swing voters. Too little, too late for young voters. The rest to add up to 100% are not sure, hadn’t heard enough or don’t favor either side. But to most Americans, the Israeli/Hamas war isn’t of interest. Inflation, rising prices, immigration remain the most important issues in deciding who to vote for and by a wide margin over every other issue.

I’m the opposite of you, I firmly believe almost any other democrat, especially a younger, fresher face, not another old foggie like Sanders or Warren would be trouncing Trump instead of trailing by a point or two today. I’m talking candidates like Tammy Duckworth, Andy Beshear, Laura Kelly etc. my opinion on this is from me studying independents, swing voters, the election deciders.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
Apparently Biden and Trump are going to have two 'debates'. One next month and one later. What makes it interesting is that, apparently, Biden has set some rules. One is that the microphones can be turned off (only on during time given to speak) and there would be no crowd to watch just a studio.

WOW! Its gotta really be interesting. Does ANYBODY think this is going to control the Trump bully? Gonna be REALLY interesting I think!

Last edited by jgw; 05/17/24 06:55 PM.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
...Young voters favor the Palestinians over the Israelis by a 32-13 margin...
Do you think that NutANDyahoo keeping the Palestinians in apartheid conditions have anything to do with it? Or Israel's slaughtering of 35,000 innocents, 70% being women and children?

Yes, decent citizens are supporting Palestinians.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
It would be interesting if the June 27th debate rules stay in place. I'm surprised that Trump agreed to them. His MAGAt base is not happy - they like when Trump interrupts.

enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
Rick, Personally, the young ones supporting the Palestinians, I’d say the conditions prior to Hamas attack on Israel or apartheid if that is what you want to call it, had nothing to do with their support. No one, young or old paid much if any attention to Gaza prior to that. Or to Israel or the Palestinians. We, as a nation have always supported Israel, those over 30 still do. Breaking down that support by age, 18-29-year olds, support the Palestinians over Israel 37-14, 30-44 are about evenly split, 23-21 Israelis over Palestinians, 45-64 40-12 Israelis, over 65 55-10 Israelis over Palestinians. That leaves a lot of folks with no opinion or not sure in all the age groups. All adults or the nation as a whole support Israel 34-19. Perhaps old habits because we’ve always supported Israel no matter what or maybe because it was Hamas who initiated the attack on Israel and is the cause of the ongoing war. Who knows? Reasons for whoever they support wasn’t given. The younger ones are more open to the changing environment, the situation that few others would embrace. The young one’s are paying a lot more attention to what is happening in Gaza than the rest of the nation or the older folks.

I’d say what’s happening in Gaza has taken a back seat to almost every other issue and problem we as a nation face today. Maybe that’s because the Israeli/Palestinians conflict doesn’t affect us personally like inflation, rising prices, climate change, healthcare, abortion, crime, immigration, etc.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
...I’d say the conditions prior to Hamas attack on Israel or apartheid if that is what you want to call it, had nothing to do with their support...
Decent Americans have always known that the conservative government of Israel has kept Gaza in a prison-like condition where no one can come and go. Grabbing land and erecting settlements simply because the people on that land is considered "lesser-thans" by the land grabbers is apartheid. This is the policy of Israel when it comes to the Palestinians.

People are finally waking-up to what Israel has been doing to the Palestinian people and what Israel has been doing is not right.

...I’d say what’s happening in Gaza has taken a back seat to almost every other issue and problem we as a nation face today...
Decent Americans have NOT allowed the Gaza issue to take a back seat.

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
Perhaps Trump thinks that he can out yell the the microphone from the other side? They will also have NOBODY attending this but the two that partake. I, personally, do not think this will actually happen as claimed. That having been said miracles can happen?

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
Yep, its interesting. There is, however, no time to convict Trump of anything before the election takes place. This means, for instance, that: “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.” might work if you had a conviction BEFORE the election. If not then he will be the president and he will take care of off the rest, except for the state stuff. So, if he never gets convicted of the above then he skates. I suspect there are a lot of people who really would like it all to work but, again, Biden put a guy in charge (Merrick Garland), and seems to support the going slow thing no matter what that we have all been watching. Everything takes almost a year or so just to get a charge started! (I know - Biden again, but its true). There is simply not enough time to do the deed.

I remain not convinced that Biden really does want to win the election - sorry...... OH, we should also throw in the Supreme Court (a complete disaster). They have yet to actually say if a president is above the law! (and that's just for starters!) Between Merrick Garland, Biden, and the Supreme Court we are well and truly screwed! I do not think that there is enough time to actually start and complete any of the of charges that Trump has against him unless somebody actually gets off the dime and I do not think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

On the bright side (kinda). If Trump loses the election is gonna be a zoo but its also gonna really be entertaining!! They are starting to report that Trump is beginning, right now, to put together folks who can help him prove he won the election that he has lost and that's just the beginning!

Sorry............

enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
Jgw the question of whether a candidate cared whether he won or lost has been asked twice during my lifetime. First was G.H.W. Bush in 1992. He ran a lackadaisical campaign completely opposite of the 1988 campaign he ran when Bush was full of energy and on the attack. Bush seemed to lack any enthusiasm for campaigning in 1992. The second was 2016. Hillary Clinton stayed hidden a lot from public view. The energy and go get them she showed in the primaries against Sanders were lacking in the general campaign. That made a lot of folks wonder if something wasn’t physically wrong with Hillary. Trump never took a day off during the entire campaign season, Hillary was always taking a day or two off the campaign trail. It was like she thought she had won already. She didn’t have to work at it. In my words, she became lazy.

Biden? The reason he has given for running again was to defeat Trump. That if Trump wasn’t running, neither would he. Does Biden really want to remain as president, to serve a second term or is he running just to defeat Trump? There could be a huge difference in the way the campaign is run. How bad does Biden want to remain president? Does Biden have a list of things to be accomplished that he failed to accomplish during his first term? Call these the incentive. Or is he running just to defeat Trump? Maybe Biden just isn’t a good campaigner. Remember in 2020, COVID stopped most campaigning. Not many campaign visits, rallies, etc. Then again, it’s early. Usually the official campaign season doesn’t start until after Labor Day. Heck, we haven’t even had the conventions. It’s still primary season. At least officially.

Biden’s problem, he’s viewed as doing a poor job as president. 23 May job approval of the fourth year of their presidency.

Biden 40% ???????????????????????????????????????????????
Trump 44% dropped to 43% on election day 2020. Lost reelection
Obama 49% raised to 53% on election day 2012. Won reelection
Bush 46% raised to 55% on election day 2004. Won reelection

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard