WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,136,442 my own book page
5,021,849 We shall overcome
4,202,335 Campaign 2016
3,797,732 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,804 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Colorado om MO 10/30. Trump isn't appearing or providing a depo. Why? Trump knows the decision to keep him off the ballot will be decided by the SCOTUS. He's hoping they'll do him a solid.

MN is TH 11/02.

MI is not yet scheduled.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
It’s my understanding that if the Colorado Judge rules Trump is ineligible to be on the ballot in that state, it only applies to Colorado. Trump isn’t going to win Colorado anyway. I agree that this would have to be determined by the SCOTUS. It would have to be a federal court that rules for it to apply to all 50 states.

Each state determines who is allowed on the ballot in their states. Normally the republican and democrat are allowed automatic ballot access. Any third party or independent must jump through a million and one hoops to get on any state ballot. Each state laws also vary. The thing is our presidential elections is actually 50 different smaller elections, 51 counting D.C. This is why those on each state ballot also varies a lot. But I think the fact Colorado is having a trial is important. So far as I know, Trump hasn’t been charged with insurrection or aiding and abetting an insurrection. 1-6 hasn't officially in a court of law or by the DOJ been classified as an insurection either. This is a first.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
you're right about it being singular to Colorado. The suit was brought in that state only applying and regarding state law. Certainly Trump could appeal to the Supremes if he lost, not only as it pertains to Colorado but as a "precedent" (for whatever it's worth in the current SC) for other states. My guess is if the SC accepts an appeal, they will side with Trump. Of course the plaintiffs could bring a compelling case of insurrection and evidence Trump was the ringleader, in which case they may meet their burden to prove their case.

But this may be the least of my worries for the next election. We now have one of he architects of the coup to overthrow the government in 2021 as Speaker of the House and 2nd in line of succession.Speaker Johnson is a true believer that the 2020 was stolen. His plan was not to just question the procedures which he believed were illegal but to accept them as illegal and throw out the results, thus throwing the election to Trump. Sooooo .... what would stop him from doing the same thing again, and this time he has the power to control the procedures and outcomes at crunch time. I know it may be hard for you to imagine an assault on America by Americans but it has already happened and the next time should there be an assault on the Capitol we will have Republicans armed in the building, no doubt siding with and aiding insurrectionists, and a Speaker willing to aid them as well.

There is a large group of Americans who openly talk of rebellion to overthrow the government as they see it as the only way forward. We are on the precipice of losing our Democracy.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
As I wrote above the Minnesota hearing to keep Trump off the ballot is this TH 11/02 and the Michigan hearing isn't schedule yet.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump's fraud case in humming along. As you know Judge Arthur Engoron ruled in a summery judgement that Trump committed business fraud by inflating his assets.

Trump's former CFO has testified, Trump's former fixer Michael Cohen has testified. This week Don Jr testifies on WE 11/01. Eric Trump testifies on 11/02, and Sparkle Princess Ivanka testifies FR 11/03. Ivanka is trying to get out of testifying and her request is in an Appellate Court right now.

The criminal orange clown testifies on MO 11/06 after stewing all weekend about what his kids testified to the week before.

veteran
veteran
It may not matter if Trump is not on ballot. He may or will claim fraud .... rigged election. At that point all his minions step in to "certify" his win at either/and/or state levels election boards throwing out votes as fraudulent or at the federal level with Speaker Johnson at the helm, promoting fraud and decertification of legitimate votes handing the election to Trump.

Can't happen in America???? Smell the coffee .... it may be in the works as I type.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
As I wrote above the Minnesota hearing to keep Trump off the ballot is this TH 11/02 and the Michigan hearing isn't schedule yet.
Again those ruling will only apply to those states. Trump isn't about to win Minnesota much like Colorado. Trump is tied with Biden in Michigan at 44% each, so not being on the ballot in Michigan could be a big deal.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
Worries aren’t over. Trump and Biden are in a basic tie considering the MOE of plus or minus 3 points.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2024/president/us/general-election-trump-vs-biden-7383.html

The house is also in a basic tie in the generic congressional ballot.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2024_generic_congressional_vote-7969.html

In the senate, Manchin trails Justice by 20 points, in Ohio Brown is down to any of the three perspective GOP candidates. There are no republican seats in the at-risk category, if the democrats lose these 2 seats, they lose control of the senate. The house is a 50-50 proposition as to who control that along with the presidential.

The big problem as I see it is most Americans don’t want this rematch. They don’t want Biden to run again, 57% question 14. 55% don’t want Trump to run again either, question 15.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_uXN5Bmo.pdf

This unwanted rematch seems to be turning into a low voter turnout, high third party vote election. In one poll that included RFK Jr., he received 14% of the vote to Trump’s 33%, Biden’s 31%. An indication voters are looking for someone else other than Biden and or Trump.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Again those ruling will only apply to those states. Trump isn't about to win Minnesota much like Colorado. Trump is tied with Biden in Michigan at 44% each, so not being on the ballot in Michigan could be a big deal.
Correct. These are state-based rulings.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
Worries aren’t over. Trump and Biden are in a basic tie considering the MOE of plus or minus 3 points.
The election is 53-weeks away. A lot can happen in a year.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard