WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Round Table for Spring 2024
by jgw - 06/02/24 05:30 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 06/02/24 01:50 AM
A question
by jgw - 05/31/24 07:06 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by pdx rick - 05/31/24 04:30 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/26/24 06:45 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 9 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,131,417 my own book page
5,021,748 We shall overcome
4,201,042 Campaign 2016
3,796,592 Trump's Trumpet
3,019,205 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,292
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,091
Posts313,849
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
jgw #348514 05/19/24 07:19 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I have, pretty much, heard all that stuff. I continue to kinda ignore it. I ignore it because it simply makes no sense. Its as if everybody is in front of a target and they are holding the darts but can't figure out what to throw at, so they just stand there wondering what to do next. They all really want to do something but cannot figure out how to do it.

Oh well, we will know in a few months. Hopefully the result will be something we can survive.

I wish us both luck...........

jgw #348515 05/19/24 08:06 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Darts, good analogy. But I’ll leave you with folks enthusiasm in voting for president so you can compare 2024 to 2020.
2024 42% either extremely enthusiastic or very enthusiastic in voting for president, 41% not too enthusiastic or not at all enthusiastic. Question 14.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_nURRSN3.pdf

2020 76% either extremely enthusiastic or very enthusiastic in voting for president, 12% not too enthusiastic or not at all enthusiastic. Question 22.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/nzc8dt85gn/econTabReport.pdf

The questions break this down via age, race, party, political philosophy etc. if you want to check those out. People wanted to get out and vote in 2020 which resulted in a 62% voter turnout, 160 million. Which had the highest voter turnout since 1960 when 63% voted. That enthusiasm to vote isn’t there this year for this rematch.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
perotista #348522 05/20/24 05:05 PM
veteran
veteran
"[the] enthusiasm to vote isn’t there this year"

And for that reason I predict an outright Trump victory.

I sometimes think of why would Germans allow Hitler to become leader when they knew better, and then I look at the current American political situation, and it begins to make sense. Yep we as the Germans have a large group of people who just don't give a crap who leads government, or in other words they don't care if they live under a dictatorship or a Democracy.

I think one of the Trump pacs has real nice red MAGA knee pads for sale cheap at $29.99. I recommend learning the proper protocol for addressing Trump and his followers (yep fascist azzholeism does not stop at the top but creeps on downhill to all mid and low level administrators).

It offends me that I live in a country where only 3 people care about Democracy.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

perotista #348524 05/20/24 06:25 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
All you have said is true. The real problem is that our voting public have no idea of what happened during the last Trump Presidency. When he left he was referred to as the worst president in the history of the nation! All that being said if you were to ask them about his last presidency you would be told that he did an a WONDERFUL job and things were much better. That too is a damned lie. All that being said Trump says and idiots believe!! Its just hard to understand. For the last couple of months I have put a little notice into every one of my emails that go out. It is: Google "The Previous Trump Presidency" Some have responded; "LIES"; "WOW";"I never remembered that stuff!!", Etc. I finally took it off (probably should have left it on but got tired of the replies)

The simple fact was that the man was a disaster! What I REALLY do not understand is why the Democrats have not said or posted something like this every time they speak or post anything! We are living, I fear, in a time when the entire nation is indulging in some kind of very strange walking sleep. There are no secrets, its all out there yet nobody seems to have a clue! I used to say stuff like; "do you remember when Trump .......", etc. There is absolutely no secret as to what Trump is going to do if he wins. The only difference is that he will be better organized this time (its all been out there for anybody to read). If he actually does then I can only wonder what folks are going to say when they figure it out. How about; "NOBODY TOLD ME!" or "Why couldn't somebody tell me?"

I wonder what history is going to say about it all. Betcha its gonna be pretty interesting?

Last edited by jgw; 05/20/24 06:28 PM.
jgw #348525 05/20/24 06:38 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
It dawns on me that I should suggest that anybody that has read the above actually google "the previous trump presidency". I know, everybody remembers. That being said I suspect that they will learn what they thought they remembered by a large margin. I think this because it happened to me! I personal thought is that everybody should really read about the last Trump Presidency. You know, it will bring back the Good Old Days! Give it a try!!

One last thing. I changed from using Google to using DuckDuckGo. the reason is that not using Google allowed me to get stuff without proving I was a robot over, and over and over again. Just thought I would throw that one in here. I also should say that what you get with Google and DuckDuckGo are different.

Last edited by jgw; 05/20/24 06:47 PM.
jgw #348526 05/20/24 07:28 PM
veteran
veteran
the previous trump presidency
Sooo ... let me explain.

Trump says he is the greatest etc and MAGA believes it. Trump propaganda networks repeat it ad nauseum and it becomes baked into the very fabric of the MAGA belief system. Ergo it does no good to point out the facts to MAGA. Their reaction is at first recognition the facts do not support their belief and immediately they gain their "senses" and say doesn't matter, liberal lies, or something similar. P probably has good stats on independents, but my guess is a full half of "independents" listen to Trump propaganda and have bought it. Thus there is an uphill battle trying to convince people of the facts.

So what appears to be rational arguments to you is anything but to probably a full half the country. And in addition, once the veneer is stripped away from the exterior belief system, we find the true driving force of these folks ... yep ... bigotry. So even if they recognized the facts as true and valid, they would reject the conclusion or inference Trump was anything but the greatest president of all time, fundamentally because he is their bigot. their voice of bigotry, and that far outweighs any factual records of evaluation.

You need to start searching for the proper protocols to address Trump so he doesn't send you to gitmo or simply execute you ... you will become an enemy of the state , which really means enemy of Trump ... so I guess it depends on how Stephan Miller or Kash Patel feel that day

my nom de guerre is rapace ... I bend the knee for no man ... living or dead

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

jgw #348527 05/20/24 08:18 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Stats can be boring. But they energize me. MAGA Republicans probably make up 25% of the electorate. Add in MAGA independents, you up to around 35%. These 35% are going to vote Trump no matter what. The anti-Trump democrats and anti-Trump independents probably make up about the same percentage of the electorate, 35%. The battle is over the remaining 30%. That’s not right either. Over half of the remaining 30% are stating today that they’ll either vote third party or not vote at all because they don’t like both major party’s choices. They don’t want Trump to regain the white house, they don’t want Biden reelected. One could say they’re both anti-Trump and anti-Biden at the same time. When it comes solely to Trump vs. Biden, we need to redo the math and eliminate that approximately 20% who state they won’t vote or vote third party. We end up with roughly 45-45 tie among those who made their choice between Trump and Biden. So, the battle is now for the 10% undecided in the two-candidate race between Trump and Biden.

That comes out to 10-15 million voters who’ll decide this November’s rematch. All other voters seem set in stone as to their choice. It’s Impossible to even get a hint as to how this last 10%, these 10-15 million voters will break. All the numbers and stats don’t give me a clue. Where these voters are may mean everything. If they’re in one of the 8 battleground or swing states, the importance of them can’t be overstated. If they’re in any of the 42 solid states that will go for either Trump or Biden, they’re meaningless. Here 7 of the 8 battleground states as of today.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/elections/president/2024/battleground-states

Minnesota is the final battle ground state.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/minnesota/trump-vs-biden

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
jgw #348528 05/20/24 09:28 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I am simply suggesting that those that have not actually read about the presidency of Trump to take a look. This is because of my own experience make me think others may have also forgotten. Its that simple. Can't do any harm and, actually, its pretty interesting.

I should also mention that I am 89 years old and my memory is not great. I suspect there are many who remember everything that Trump did but, just in case..........

An example might be that more than 319,000 Republicans died of covid because they were, basically under Mr Trump, along with Republican governors who, again apparently, didn't push the vaccinations that could have saved these people. These are some of the facts that are available. (and there were a LOT more Republicans than those quoted - sorry, couldn't resist)

jgw #348529 05/21/24 12:00 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Jgw, it isn’t just you. Most Americans have very short memories. COVID, I’d say has been mostly forgotten. So too has 1-6, that’s ancient history to most. Independents disliked the Trump presidency, they gave him only a 39% job approval, that they flocked to the polls in 2020 to vote him out of office. They voted for Biden 54-41 which accounted for most of Biden’s 7 plus million vote margin.

The question is how to remind them? Especially today since independents are paying much more attention to Biden than Trump. Biden is president today, not Trump. That should have been expected and anticipated. After all, a sitting president running for reelection is usually a referendum on the sitting president. Not who challenges him. This rematch is a bit different in that it’s a sitting president vs. a former president. Since Biden is president, the spotlight is more on Biden than Trump. I think the biggest mistake Biden and the democrats have made is to assume 2024 was going to be the same as 2020. Too much has change, too much water has flowed under the bridge which includes presidents. Trump in my view is a scumbag and a master manipulator of people. But he was that in both 2016 and 2020. That hasn’t changed.

A thought, Biden was old back in 2020, that didn’t stop independents voting for him. Voting for Biden to get rid of Trump. But voting for Biden as a transition president, someone to fill in between Trump and whoever came next. Transition presidents or transition anything don’t run for reelection. Most Americans want change, by change I mean someone other than either Biden or Trump. The numbers prove this. This too has been lost on both major parties. What they’re getting, the voters, especially independents is more of the same, no change, the sameness they don’t want. It is what it is.

jgw #348535 05/21/24 08:35 PM
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
I will be voting for Biden. Having said this its driving me nuts. We are told, for instance, that the Democrats have a lot more money to spend than Trump (his has gone to attorney costs). Anyway, a couple of weeks ago that said that the Democrats have this great organization and are getting ready to turn it all loose and there would be all sorts of ads, door knocking, etc. This has yet to happen. So far he has spent most of his time flying around trying to win the young black folk. That, as far as I can tell is it. Yesterday, I think, he got angry at a European place that went after, basically, Netanyahu. This, of course, will cost him more votes amongst the youth who are upset his killing of Palestinians. Other than that, as far as I have seen, he is not actually running for office.

At the same time all this is happening I see Trump, every night, on TV saying or doing this and that. The media, basically, is taking care of Trump. At the same time Biden seems to not be really trying. Perhaps it really is his age, who knows? I do know, however, that if you are running for office then that's what you are supposed to do and Biden isn't and this tends to upset me. I have been reading more and more about the Trump Presidency and, well, you know. The only difference is that this time it also appears that he is getting a LOT more organized as well. (by people like the White Christian Citizens, etc)

Trump scares the crap out of me. He has actually already started to plan a 3rd term! I am not sure what's gonna be left after the second one (I know, that can't happen, but ....). Well, he does have help from some. I suspect that Putin is currently helping him, Netanyahu is another pal of his and then there is the North Korean guy who wrote him a beautiful letter, etc. His pals alone are enough to scare the crap out of everybody and that is just starters.

If Trump wins we are in for interesting times I fear.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard