WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
The Trump Media Scam
by jgw - 09/26/24 11:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 09/25/24 12:10 PM
Joe Biden's heartfelt 'Good-bye' speech to the U.N.
by pdx rick - 09/24/24 06:53 PM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,239,540 my own book page
5,043,924 We shall overcome
4,233,934 Campaign 2016
3,840,617 Trump's Trumpet
3,040,423 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,375
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,114
Posts314,217
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
jgw #348656 06/14/24 07:59 PM
J
jgw Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
J
I have come to the conclusion that we now have two sets of politics. The first set we are all aware of. That set has two parts; the Left, the Right. We all, pretty much, understand that one. Now for the second one but, first, we also have two sets of voters and politics. The set is called Democrats and Republicans. The democrats tend towards the Left and the Republicans tend towards the Right. So far so good.

The Democrats, as far as I can tell has continued to tend towards the Left. I think everybody thinks that's a fact. Now for the Republicans. The Republicans seems to have grasped a whole different political thing. First, the Republicans are now under the authority of previous President Trump. Trump is waaaaaaaaay different when it comes to politics. The first truth about the man is that he lies. He lies ALL the time. I am not even sure he doesn't lie when the Truth might have been better but lying he does. I am also not sure that he doesn't believe everything he says (I suspect there are actually books about Trump and this) Every time I see him on TV he will get at least one lie out to the everybody. The members of the Republican party seem to have surrendered "The Right" for "The Lie". There are a couple of other things about Trump that are involved. For instance, when he was president he did little things like fixing a Muslim nation so that they can do Nuke Bomb stuff. He also managed to kill off thousands of Republicans by telling them not to get vaccines. When he left office he was defined, by many who know about such, that he was the worst president in the history of the United States of America! I think, so far, that anybody that knows about Mr. Trump also knows about everything I have been talking about.

So, I have claimed that Mr Trump has convinced the members of HIS political party, the Republican Party, that, as members, they must treat Mr Trump as if he spoke the truth. I have seen this, on TV. I have actually watched the wives of male Republicans give Mr. Trump kisses with their eyes shut. Elected Republican members of congress, not only believe but, in some circumstances, actually dress exactly as Mr. Trump thereby showing their faith and belief in whatever Mr Trump says.

This whole thing is a problem. The problem is that the Democrats try to speak their thoughts to the Republicans but the Republicans have no idea what they are talking about because they have given up on genuine truth for "the lie" and no longer deal with "The Truth". It also works the same when the Republicans talk to the Democrats the Democrats do not understand what in the world the Republicans are talking about. I am not even sure how this can be fixed so that our government can actually function again.

There are also people who deal with human beings who have mental problems. These people are trained and understand some of what I speak of. Perhaps we could create a group that shrinks (mental doctors) that could explain what a person from one part is saying to a member of the other party? I suspect that names like "Shrinks" and "Mental Doctors" will have to be changed to, say, "Speech Garu" or something else that might not upset members of the new Republican party.

jgw #348658 06/14/24 10:23 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
One thing about Trump jgw, in my opinion the 7-time party switcher doesn’t have a political philosophy of his own. He has always adopted the political ideology of whatever party he belonged to at the time Those Republicans following Trump aren’t conservatives anymore, no way, shape or form. Their following an individual devoid of any political philosophy. Hence what we have today is the democrats representing the left or the liberal ideology, the GOP representing none, just Trump. As you pointed out, to phrase it a bit different, the Republican Party has thrown traditional conservative values and ideals out the window onto the trash heap of history. They are now following a man who has no political ideology, no vision of the future, no agenda, A man who’s in this only for himself. An egotistical, obnoxious, liar.

But now we do have three types politics or political voters. The left, right and the middle. Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Those on the left and the right look on independents as the middle, centrists, moderates. That they fall somewhere in-between the political philosophy of the both major parties. But that isn’t quite correct. They tend to support the Republicans on some issues, support the democrats on others. A prime example is an independent who is both pro-2nd amendment and pro-choice at the same time. There’s no room for this voter as being pro-2nd amendment in the democratic party and no room for him in the GOP being pro-choice. Hence the growth of independents from 30% in 2006 to 42% today of the electorate. Independents don’t march lockstep with either party or political philosophy. They support a little of both depending on the issue.

Last edited by perotista; 06/14/24 11:57 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
jgw #348660 06/15/24 05:39 PM
J
jgw Online Content OP
old hand
OP Online Content
old hand
J
One thing about Trump, which sometimes gets missed, is that he has NEVER had a successful business of his own. The only one that has survived is the business that daddy gave him. I suspect he has, by now actually started the end of the business daddy gave him.

On his way to the bottom he managed at least 6 bankruptcies, one of which was a gambling hall. He was so bad at paying bills that nobody would work for him unless he paid them FIRST! This story goes on and on. The reason that he is here now is because the media glamorized him, convinced everybody he was incredibly smart, rich and incredibly 'manly'. Basically, Trump is a fine example of everything somebody in business should not do!

Then he found politics. At the time he was a Democrat but said something like the Republican party was easier to deal with than the Democrats. He was right about that and a lot of other stuff, especially politics. He has, single handed (almost), converted the Republican party to the Trump party. This means that this is the FIRST success for Mr Trump! It gets even better! He has convinced literally millions of voters that he is one of the great businessman in the world!

I find it very strange. I just can't figure it out. One of my suspicions is that he is promising everybody everything and they all believe him! I know that he has much of the Republican party scared to death that he might not like them and are will to do whatever to make that not true, for them. The Republican party used to be the party of Lincoln. Now, however, that is forgotten and its the party of Trump!

As far as Trump and politics is concerned I am not sure he has any idea of what politics actually is. Wikipedia starts with:
"Politics is the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations among individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status."
The Republican party is kinda like that but different. Decisions in that party are made by and for Trump - pure and simple!

Apparently Trump is starting a little mental trip. google "trump mental condition" and you will get literally thousands of findings, by professionals in the mental stuff". If any of it is true then very close to half the voters in America are being told what to do by an almost genuine lunatic. Now also throw in that he is a convicted criminal as well as a convicted rapist>

If any of this is true then I am not sure about anything - future, safety, sanity, whatever.....

Last edited by jgw; 06/15/24 08:10 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard