WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
The Trump Media Scam
by jgw - 09/26/24 11:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 09/25/24 12:10 PM
Joe Biden's heartfelt 'Good-bye' speech to the U.N.
by pdx rick - 09/24/24 06:53 PM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,239,540 my own book page
5,043,924 We shall overcome
4,233,934 Campaign 2016
3,840,617 Trump's Trumpet
3,040,423 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,375
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,114
Posts314,217
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#348657 06/14/24 10:09 PM
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
This case concerned bump-stocks on guns and their definition as “machinegun” which are regulated by ATF.

Today, the majority SCOTUS threw-out the federal ban on “bump stocks,” those awesome devices that allow owners of semiautomatic rifles, which fire a single round with each pull of the trigger, to convert the rifles into real bullet hoses with a rate of fire of hundreds of rounds a minute, just like a machine gun!

Justice Thomas wrote the majority opinion with Sotomayor writing the dissent.

When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck. A bump-stock-equipped semiautomatic rifle fires ‘automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger’ … Because I, like Congress, call that a machine gun, I respectfully dissent.
- Justice Sotomayor

Defining a machine gun by emphasizing the trigger pull – one pull, one shot vs. one pull, many shots – has been outdated for decades. The bump stock intentionally exploits that.

Clarence Thomas was nominated and confirmed to the Supreme Court because of his political beliefs and because he was African American, not his legal acumen.

This is just one more in a long line of cases where the right-wing radicals on SCOTUS strike down government efforts to protect human life, protect the planet, and protect us from corruption in government and business.

These conservative SCOTUS judges don’t like government regulation - and they certainly don’t care about your life, your liberty, or your pursuit of happiness.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
This case concerned bump-stocks on guns and their definition as “machinegun” which are regulated by ATF.

Today, the majority SCOTUS threw-out the federal ban on “bump stocks,” those awesome devices that allow owners of semiautomatic rifles, which fire a single round with each pull of the trigger, to convert the rifles into real bullet hoses with a rate of fire of hundreds of rounds a minute, just like a machine gun!

Justice Thomas wrote the majority opinion with Sotomayor writing the dissent.

When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck. A bump-stock-equipped semiautomatic rifle fires ‘automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger’ … Because I, like Congress, call that a machine gun, I respectfully dissent.
- Justice Sotomayor

Defining a machine gun by emphasizing the trigger pull – one pull, one shot vs. one pull, many shots – has been outdated for decades. The bump stock intentionally exploits that.

Clarence Thomas was nominated and confirmed to the Supreme Court because of his political beliefs and because he was African American, not his legal acumen.

This is just one more in a long line of cases where the right-wing radicals on SCOTUS strike down government efforts to protect human life, protect the planet, and protect us from corruption in government and business.

These conservative SCOTUS judges don’t like government regulation - and they certainly don’t care about your life, your liberty, or your pursuit of happiness.

Maybe I'll buy multiple bump stocks in anticipation of Capitol Insurrection II and when the time comes, I'll give them away to anyone interested in countering the New Insurrection Attempt.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com

Link Copied to Clipboard