WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by Kaine - 06/29/24 03:55 PM
Supreme Court Blocks Biden Plan on Air Pollution
by rporter314 - 06/28/24 04:27 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by rporter314 - 06/27/24 08:28 PM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by pdx rick - 06/26/24 02:25 AM
anti-Semitism
by pdx rick - 06/24/24 07:34 PM
TRUMP
by jgw - 06/22/24 11:01 PM
Garland v. Cargill
by Jeffery J. Haas - 06/15/24 10:06 PM
A question
by jgw - 06/15/24 05:39 PM
The Trump Media Scam
by pdx rick - 06/14/24 01:15 AM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by Jeffery J. Haas - 06/13/24 04:26 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by NW Ponderer - 06/13/24 01:41 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by NW Ponderer - 06/05/24 09:20 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 7 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,215,948 my own book page
5,036,216 We shall overcome
4,214,438 Campaign 2016
3,809,154 Trump's Trumpet
3,024,680 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,311
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 10
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,103
Posts313,976
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22
jgw #348679 06/23/24 11:11 PM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
I wonder if Biden has made any efforts to be ready for all of this
The basic answer is NO!!!!

People continue to delusionally believe Trump will go quietly should he lose. What they refuse to consider because they still believe in the rule of law ... in the order of things.... in the American way ... is Trump is none of those things and the people supporting him (not the brain dead MAGA folks, but the people pulling the strings) have had a plan for some time and now they have to plan to takeover the government and guess what? .... theres not a thing anyone can do about it. But .... but .... but .... the Supreme Court .... yeah what about the SC .... does anyone really believe the SC can do anything .... even if they did the SC has no enforcement mechanism (I suspect that would be one of the first things Trump would dissolve or completely turn it over to loyalists .... what would the Democrat appointed justices going to do ... stand in the doorway). What's Congress going to do? The House is controlled by MAGA (Trump loyalists) and no one should think they would do anything to support the Constitution. The military???? Really???? I suspect a huge chunk of the officer corps are Trump supporters ... it would rip the military in two i.e. completely immobilize it.

And yet people continue to say .... it can't happen in America.

It's happening as I type

Yes I will be an enemy of the state ... rapace

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
I’ll add this along the same lines rporter but dealing with this rematch. It isn’t the MAGA Trumpers that one needs to worry about. They make up roughly a third of the electorate. Not even close enough to win a nationwide general election. What is worrisome is the non-MAGA types who will vote for Trump due to them not wanting Biden reelected. Their main reason is they think they were better off financially, had a better standard of living under Trump than today under Biden. They don’t give Trump being a threat to democracy any thought. For the most part, these folks take the threat to democracy as nothing more than standard or normal political campaign rhetoric. A vote for my guy or me types of partisan electioneering propaganda. This type of voter, those who don’t want Biden reelected that to them Trump is an acceptable alternative makes up 10-15% of the electorate which puts Trump at the 43% he’s at today in the polls. You also have 10-15% who disliked both Trump and Biden so much, disgust with both is probably the appropriate word who intend to vote third party against both or not vote at all.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/po...ump-vs-biden-vs-kennedy-vs-west-vs-stein

I agree, these non-MAGA Trump voters along with the third-party voters don’t believe what you said in your post. As to the threat to democracy, as many Americans believe Biden and the democrats are as much a threat as Trump and his MAGA republicans. What’s interesting here is 50% of all Americans believe Trump is a threat to democracy with 55% who believe Trump has committed crimes while 55% of all Americans think the democrats are using the legal system to take out a political opponent in a biased way. 60% think Trump’s guilty verdict in the hush money case was due to jury bias against him because the trial was held in heavily democratic Manhattan. Possibly the reason the horserace numbers haven’t moved since Trump was found guilty in that trial and became a convicted felon. For a numbers guy, these numbers make no sense.

https://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/HHP_May2024_KeyResults.pdf

There seems to be a lot of folks who believe Trump is a threat to democracy, that he has committed crimes and at the same time believe the democrats are using our legal system to take out a political opponent along with the guilty verdict by the Manhattan jury was biased against Trump. I repeat, this makes no sense at all. How can someone believe opposites at the same time.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
Online Content
veteran
How can someone believe opposites at the same time
Easily. The reason you don't understand is you have not embraced the obviousness of MAGA "logical" thought. The only idea which should make an impact on you is the MAGA driving force, the animus of the BASE is bigotry. How can one be a bigot and Christian at the same time? or what is the sound of one hand clapping? One makes sense and the other no sense at all ... and yet I comprehend both

It isn’t the MAGA Trumpers that one needs to worry about
You missed my point. If only one person voted for Trump .... he still wins. Wrap your head around it. All the polling in the world does not address the fact MAGA has installed an infrastructure built and designed for a Trump victory. They don't need votes. They have the political machinery to ensure a win.

Either Trump outright wins the election as per your belief in polling or it doesn't matter what the vote count is. I know ... no one can simply steal an election in plain sight .... hahahaha ... and what would you do about it ... there is nothing you can do .... the pillars of Democracy have been undermined ... the judicial system is compromised ... Congress is in the tank for Trump ... the military has been castrated .... so what will you do?

I will become an enemy of the state ... rapace

ignorance is the enemy

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
I find it interesting that EVERYBODY is convinced that Trump is the guy in charge. I don't believe that one for a minute. I believe that he is a creature of the White Citizens (there are other names. This one is just easy). They are also, I have read, the largest group of Christians in the United States. The current guy in charge of the Congressional House is one (amongst others). There is no secret here. These are the people who started the abortion thing amongst others. I believe that when they tell Trump to do something he does it. These are the people who created the 2025 thing, amongst others. Trump is easy, he runs his mouth and is in charge, that's just the way things are. Basically this is not exactly right and the White Citizens are pulling the strings. It took them over 60 years to take over the Republican party but they did it. Hillary Clinton, I think, is somebody who has mentioned this one (I think it was a comment about their ability to stick with the plan and get it done). They do a number of religious things. I believe that the current 10 commandment thing is another one of their ideas.

There is no doubt that, this time around, its going to be a lot different than the first time. The first time was a huge, and very expensive disaster no matter what believers think. Its pretty easy to check if interested. Trump is a man who has never had a successful business that didn't fail and that's just for starters. Its going to be very, very different this time around. All the talking heads are talking about just how well organized he is this time around. There is a reason for this and, as far as I am concerned, its not exactly all Trump's doing.

There is no question but that I may be wrong. This is, however, what I believe. These people have a long history, stick to their guns and win in the end by, amongst other things, taking as long as it takes and not giving an inch. If you are interested you might do a little work checking on folks that no longer belong but were raised in the White Christian way. They usually have things of interest to say. These people are not hiding away nor are the White Christians. Try googling "children raised by white christians who left"

Last edited by jgw; 06/24/24 08:03 PM.
jgw #348685 06/25/24 03:52 PM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
EVERYBODY is convinced that Trump is the guy in charge
Far from it.

This will read as almost something from Q, but there are plenty of facts to support this narrative. There exists a somewhat vast "conspiracy" to turn America into an ultra conservative haven. It's unknown if there is actually a conspiracy, but certainly there is a large number of like minded people who have coalesced into a number of well known think tanks, whose sole agenda is to win elections and implement ultra conservative policies. I know of no liberal groups whose purpose is to implement ultra left wing policies (presumably that would be a "communist" groups). Two of the most prominent getting recent face time are the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society.

The Federalist Society's purpose is to subvert elections with disenfranchising laws and install judges to the federal bench whose positions on the 1st and 2nd Amendments are pro-Christian Nationalist and NRA talking points AND to dismantle the federal government. The Heritage Foundations purpose is to deconstruct the federal government and promote the Unitary Executive theory i.e. dictator. Their agenda has been published in "Project 2025". It details what and how they will achieve their goal. Find Kevin Roberts recent interview exposing how delusional he is and how Heritage intends to institutionalize Trumpism. Scary stuff.

So those are some of the people and groups who are actually in charge or to say it another way, those who do the real thinking. So how does Trump fit in? Those groups knew they had a large base of people who are willing to believe in their vision for America but they didn't have a public figure to lead the base. Then along comes Trump. He is someone who was willing to say the unthinkable and inspire the base. Trump doesn't have an original thought in his head but because he is a narcissist, he is easily manipulated by people who do have original thoughts. Recent reports have Trump listening to what VP wannabes are telling him and what close allies are telling him.

Just because THE BASE believes he is the son of God does not mean Trump is in charge.

ignorance is the enemy

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
I take it that you do not believe in the white Christians They have any number of names like that. They have some very basic plans. One is to turn the United States into a nation with ONE religion (theirs). From that there is a lot of other stuff as well. They started working on the Republicans more than 60 years ago. If you google "white christian nationalism" you will get a lot of stuff as to who and what they are. The reason I push this is that people should really understand that there is such a group and they are dangerous. Amongst other things they are responsible for the 2025 thing.

Its very strange. Christian Religion as been losing for a very long time. In my little town of 20,000 we have at least 3 churches that aren't churches anymore. They tend to turn into goodwill places. But, still, there are a LOT of Christians. The biggest group in the United States is the White Christian Nationalists. I use White Christians but its all the same thing. This group has been, for a very long time, also involved with politics and, pretty much, run the Republicans. They are where all the weird stuff like the Ten Commandment order for schools, and female conception stuff come from them along with other stuff. Hillary Clinton, I think, noted that they do not give up and work hard on stuff. You can also learn what they are doing from children raised by them who are now exposing them for this and that.

I hope I am wrong about saying you don't believe in them. That being said that is, exactly, what they want non-believers want to happen. If you're not part of them then they prefer to be ignored. They are, as Hillary said, REALLY stubborn and stick to their goals.

Oh, the current house leader is one. (that also explains how he survives the loons and Trump)

enthusiast
OP Online Content
enthusiast
The crowd I associate with is for the most part retired military or have served in the military. Religion and politics in general are subjects that usually don’t come up when we get together. We’re more apt to talk about past duty assignments, sports, family etc. I couldn’t tell you what religion most are if they’re religious or their politics when it comes to Trump and Biden.

White Christians, religious vote, I can go by the 2020 exit polls which shows Trump won the religious vote, Biden the non-religious. Trump also won the married vote, Biden those who aren’t married. Trump won those who work full time, Biden those who don’t, Trump won the military vote, Biden those who never served. White Christians. White protestants, Trump won those 72-27, white Catholics Trump won those 56-44. Other religions, white who profess to having another religion other than Christianity, Biden won them 65-33 along with those with no religion, white no religion 61-37.

Do I fear white Christians? No more than any other voting block. Folks, voting blocks all tend to vote their own personal self-interest. Doesn’t matter which voting block, political party, gender, race, religion, military, union, age, rich, poor, etc.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
jgw #348689 06/26/24 04:37 PM
veteran
Online Content
veteran
you do not believe in the white Christians
Not sure what you meant, but if you mean Christian Nationalism, yes I have been aware of the movement for at least 30 years, and the danger it poses to American Democracy.

Integral to the foundations of the Constitution is equality. Inherent in that word is the concept all people are treated the same, all ideas are equally protected, and all all religions the same standing before the law. No one part is above the law and no one part controls the government. Christian Nationalist want to control the government, impose their vision of rights, and disenfranchise people it doesn't like. None of that is Democratic.

It is part and parcel the Giuoco Piano for the slow erosion of Democracy and ultimate replacement with a single religious leader. Trump is but the first installment of the grand plan, a plan which is readily available from your favorite ultra-right wing think tank, Heritage.

Are we in danger of losing our Democracy? It was rhetorical and you know the answer.

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
Online Content
veteran
white Christians
You have confused White Christians with Christian Nationalist. One is a subset of the other. Christian Nationals have every intention of replacing Democracy with a Theocracy. If you're ok with that, then maybe it doesn't make any difference to you, but I'm not ok with it. If they want a theocracy I recommend them moving to Israel or Iran ... their choice. America was founded as a secular nation, regardless of Christian Nationalists trying to rewrite history.

ignorance is the enemy

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
Wheeooo! You got it right! I just consider them one huge block. I have read several reports by people who were raised there and then moved on. I am on your side about this and they scare the hell out of me. The strange thing is that they make absolutely no effort not to say what they want to do right out loud. Not only that but they are, as far as I can find, the largest group of Christians in the nation. I remember them from 60 years ago. These people have been at it for a very long time and I remain convinced that they also own the Republican Party as well. They have plans and they do not change. What bothers me is what they call christian ideas. The newest is that ten commandment thing but, as far as I am concerned they are for all the rest as well.

I tend to believe that the White Christians and the Christian Nationalists are the same. I can be wrong (used to that one) but we will see.

Thank you for the reply............

Page 20 of 22 1 2 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard