I'm getting sick-to-death of folks misusing the word anti-Semitism.

A lot of people are going around using this term for when Palestinians are protesting against Israeli targets, mostly at Israeli synagogues.

Semite
/?se?m?t/
noun
a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs.

Palestinians can't be "anti-Semite" because they are Semite as well.

In a Los Angeles Times report of a clash between Palestinian protesters and Israeli worshipers in Los Angeles, yesterday, Governor Gavin Newsom stated:

“There is no excuse for targeting a house of worship. Such antisemitic hatred has no place in California.”

While American Palestinians should not be holding grudges against American Israelis for what Israel is doing to the Palestinians in the middle east, I empathize with the American Palestinians, but it's not the American Israelis fault.

The issue that no one wants to address is Zionism. As I wrote on another thread, the pro-Palestinian movement is anti-Zionist. Zionists are conservative Israelis who believe they should own all of Israel and ignore the 1948 two-state solution.

This anger needs to be directed at Netanyahu and his conservative government for the genocide they're committing in Gaza.

The American Israelis are not the ones responsible for Netanyahu's actions and they should not be the target of angry Palestinian protesters.

Contrarian, extraordinaire