WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 07/06/24 12:26 AM
The end of America and its democracy
by pdx rick - 07/03/24 04:07 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by Jeffery J. Haas - 07/02/24 02:25 PM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Jeffery J. Haas - 07/01/24 11:46 AM
Supreme Court Blocks Biden Plan on Air Pollution
by rporter314 - 06/28/24 04:27 PM
anti-Semitism
by pdx rick - 06/24/24 07:34 PM
TRUMP
by jgw - 06/22/24 11:01 PM
Garland v. Cargill
by Jeffery J. Haas - 06/15/24 10:06 PM
A question
by jgw - 06/15/24 05:39 PM
The Trump Media Scam
by pdx rick - 06/14/24 01:15 AM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by Jeffery J. Haas - 06/13/24 04:26 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by NW Ponderer - 06/13/24 01:41 PM
Time to Impeach Thomas
by jgw - 06/11/24 05:56 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 06/06/24 05:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,223,484 my own book page
5,038,946 We shall overcome
4,215,095 Campaign 2016
3,809,242 Trump's Trumpet
3,024,786 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,314
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 8
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,104
Posts314,010
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24
veteran
veteran
What I know is Rep. Jared Golden is delusional. If he believes Trump will not implement Project 2025, then Golden has been drinking from the wrong container.

Like I've said previously, you continue to make my prediction Trump will win ... one way or another. Yes on day 1 expect a dictator ... on day 2 expect the same dictator ... on day 3 .... why would any rational person believe Trump would not do what he has railed about for years ...

So I wonder where on the list Rep. Jared Golden will be? What list you ask? Gitmo ... that's where Trump will send the anti-Trumpers and those not passing his loyalty test. Charges you say? Trump don't need no damn charges .... he will be dictator and MAGA is fine with it .... it's added value

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
Its strange, I was talking to a friend of mine from California. I told him some of this stuff and he started laughing. He said that Newsom was getting ready to run for president next year. I thought that was kinda interesting. I am not real concerned about the time to get familiar with voters. I think that two months is, probably as good as a six month Biden and, given his lack of love from Democrats in general, I suspect that virtually all Dems would delight for almost anybody but Biden. I think that is actually a shame but it also is kinda a fact. Biden is simply not loved by many of them them that should. As you say, he is simply not particularly appreciated or liked. (and Newsom has a lot of good points and you are right. He would have to work like hell so that people could learn but, I think, that's probably possible.

I REALLY want a Dem president this time around. Hopefully they can also take the congress and then they can deal with the Supremes. If nothing else I suspect that the run is going to be interesting and, hopefully, entertaining as well. We will, of course, find out in the fullness of time (always liked that phrase).

Later............

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Here’s something for you all to chew on – New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: 60% of Americans say Biden is not fit for another term as president after disastrous debate — yet 2024 contest with Trump remains too close to call

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yaho...remains-too-close-to-call-204915250.html

As for congress, the house, either party could gain or lose between 1-8 seats. Going by districts the democrats have 24 seats at risk of switching vs. the republicans 21 seats at risk of switching. The House today is a 100% pure tossup as to who will control it. The senate, West Virginia is a goner, Montana, Tester and Sheehy are dead even in the polls. Who wins in Montana probably will decide who controls the senate since the democrats got their wish and are now rid of Manchin. Ohio, Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin are close with the democrats holding a slight lead of 3-5 points depending on the state. So far none of the currently held republican senate seats seem to be at risk. I’d say the best the democrats can hope for is a 50-50 tie. They’d better win the presidency so the VP can cast the tie breaking vote as Harris did for Biden’s first two years. The republicans still have a shot at winning the close senate seats in Ohio, Arizona, Nevada and Wisconsin, probably a 45% chance although the Democrats are slightly favored. The worst case scenario is for the democrats to lose those 4 close senate races along with goner West Virginia giving the GOP 54-46 advantage. Still a long way to go, none of this is written in stone nor am I predicting any results outside of the GOP gaining West Virginia.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
K
enthusiast
Online Content
enthusiast
K
Very worse scenario? Trump wins Presidency and GOP takes Senate and holds the House.

RIP America! Welcome to Amerika!

(Sorry. I shouldn't be so pessimistic! My gut makes me do it! LOL)

Last edited by Kaine; 07/03/24 03:11 PM.

Good doesn't always win!
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
LOL, this far out, I’m neither pessimistic nor optimistic. There’s still a long way to go. The thing is all three races, for the House, the senate and the presidency are all too close to call or to make a prediction. The problem is that since the 2022 midterms, Trump has led Biden by 2 points on average, the house and the senate have been a tossup as to which party controls either one. I’ve never seen such steadiness. That may be due to the current modern political era of polarization, the great divide along with the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship. An era in which independents have become alienated to politics, I should say partisan politics. Although that group has grown from 30% of the electorate to 42% today over the last 15 years or so. Perhaps this growth also shows many of those who deserted both major parties have also become alienated or dissatisfied or come to detest how polarized and partisan our politics have become. How many of our elected official have retired citing the reason is the highly partisan atmosphere, the polarization of congress which makes governing, compromising, working with the other side impossible?

The more the more moderate folks leave the two major parties to become independents, the more retirement of those willing to compromise and work with the other side retire, the more polarized and partisan our politics become. Middle America is stuck in-between the two major parties with neither representing them anymore. This can be seen in the two major parties’ choice of presidential candidates, where around 60% of all Americans don’t want Biden reelected nor do approximately 60% want Trump to regain the white house. Something to think about.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
More good info to chew on:

Should Biden Quit? Democrats Weigh Potential Rewards and Steep Risks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-quit-democrats-weigh-potential-112324505.html

perotista #348743 Yesterday at 11:20 PM
J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
There are multiples on the Biden thing. It just goes on and on. If he runs, and does not get elected, he will go down in history as, quite possibly, as the man who enabled Trump to change the entire United States and, basically, destroying freedom in the United States. This will last forever and he will be, literally, destroyed. I believe that the man deserves more than that and if he doesn't realize what he is taking a chance with he should also remember that, along with him, anybody close to him will also be condemned to the same stuff. His son, his wife, etc. will also be destroyed as its going to be a really serious thing by everybody who gets wrecked by Trump and, given his last presidency, the only difference is that this one will be MUCH worse the previous (considered by many to have been the worst presidency in American history. I am basing this on how wrong the public plans for Trump are and how bad the result will obviously be.

There is also the congress. Its generally agreed that if Biden goes down so does the Dems in the Congress as well.

I will vote for him but I do not want to. I think Biden is crazy to take a chance like this, Its simply too dangerous to do. Not just for Biden but anybody and everybody who is even vaguely connected to him will be destroyed. Perhaps this thought has been set by others, if so I am sorry to have duplicated something that is simply not a happy thing to either think of or say and I apologize. I do, however, believe that there are some really good people who can take over. I like the current governor of California but there are several other as well. I believe that any one of them can probably take out Trump. As far as I can tell there are a LOT of people who will be voting for Trump because they believe that Biden is terrible but have said if there was anybody else than Biden OR Trump they would vote for that candidate. I think they should be given a chance!

I really hope Biden changes his mind!!!!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I’ve been saying all along that approximately 30% of Americans dislike and don’t want neither Biden nor Trump back in the white house come January 2025. I’ve seen this 30% being called double haters by some. What has happened since the debate, 8 days later? Trump is still at his 42% he was at on 27 June. However, Biden has dropped from 40% down to 37% while those intending to vote third party rose from 10% to 14%. I think it’s important to note that while Biden dropped, they didn’t go over to Trump.

Trump seems to have a ceiling of 43%, he’s never been above that in polls that included third party candidates. Biden’s ceiling is 41% as he’s never risen above that either. The third-party vote has fluctuated between 8-18% since November 2023. Whenever either Trump or Biden drop, they don’t go over to the other major party candidate, they go into the third-party column. Biden’s current 37% if the lowest he’s been since January 2024 when he was at 35%.

I don’t think the debate hurt Biden, this 30% who make up the double haters didn’t watch it. What has caused Biden to drop 3 points in my opinion is all this Biden must withdraw talk going around. This talk has hurt him more than his debate performance. What it has done is make some of those 30 percenters who were planning to vote for Biden as the lesser evil to Trump, to leave Biden. But not go over to Trump. They still dislike him and don’t want him to return to the white house.

I think you’re correct about Newsom or someone else replacing Biden. That the replacement would be much better received by these double haters. That’s a misnomer, they don’t hate, but I like that phrase as a description. The problem there is that it is late in the game. That this 30% right now are fed up with this election between two disliked and unwanted candidates. They tuned it out. Could Newsom or someone else get a lot of these double haters tuned back in and to the polls? Many have given up stating they won’t vote this year. Enthusiasm for voting for president is at an all time low. You can compare this year, Question 3.

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_xTDr4ON.pdf

To the enthusiasm for voting for the president in 2020, question 22.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/nzc8dt85gn/econTabReport.pdf

When you don’t like neither major party candidates, there’s no incentive to go vote. This is something else I don’t think neither major party realizes. I say give Newsom or someone else a chance, we’ve got to get this 30%, these double haters interested in the 2024 presidential election again, as interested as they were back in 2020. Biden I don’t think is capable of doing that.

Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard