WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by pdx rick - 09/19/24 10:26 AM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,239,025 my own book page
5,043,772 We shall overcome
4,233,088 Campaign 2016
3,840,203 Trump's Trumpet
3,040,093 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,371
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,113
Posts314,206
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 38 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 37 38
jgw #348787 07/17/24 09:15 PM
veteran
veteran
My take, which applied to 2016 and 2020, is the mainstream media was and continues to try and expose the radical extremism of Trumpism. My contention is and was this was and is done to convince rational people Trump is not fit to be occupy the WH. It backfired in 2016, when it became apparent Trump was precisely who the Republican base was had been looking,so for them it only solidified their support, which became loyalty, and ultimately cultish fealty.

Doing the same in 2024 will not work. The Base (MAGA) does not see the corruption, or the criminal running for office, but a savior sent by God to save America from the Satanic Democrats. Now with the help House Republicans, Republican state 2020 deniers running election boards, and a perceptively old, and optically weak man running against Trump, I can now opine and predict Trump will be elected.

I will become an enemy of the state, not by choice but by Trump fiat.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Originally Posted by rporter314
I can now opine and predict Trump will be elected.

I am right beside you.

My gut has been telling me this for months, maybe even years - I don't recall exactly when it started.

Oh, that reminds me, I have to stop and pick up some more Tums™. They are starting to not be effective. I might have to give Mylanta™ a shot.

Good doesn't always win!
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Kaine
Originally Posted by rporter314
I can now opine and predict Trump will be elected.

I am right beside you.

My gut has been telling me this for months, maybe even years - I don't recall exactly when it started.

Oh, that reminds me, I have to stop and pick up some more Tums™. They are starting to not be effective. I might have to give Mylanta™ a shot.

Fellow enemy of the state here...
Welcome to the club.
PS: You might get some relief for your stomach if you try max dosing on probiotic supplements.

No, of course I am not a doctor but I did suffer from massive heartburn in my younger days and in my case it just turned out to be a case of my friendly bacteria being overwhelmed by the bad guys, so a good stiff shock dose of probiotics together with daily yogurt in the morning straightened me out.
I also did shock doses of garlic from time to time.

I can't remember the last time I had heartburn or other tummy issues, it has to have been at least thirty years.
These days I just try to take at least one probiotic capsule every morning and have yogurt at least two or three times a week.

Gotta keep the friendly good gut bacteria happy and healthy.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I had assumed that somebody had mentioned that Biden got covid and now, I think, all bets are off. Biden himself mentioned that he may be medically denied the running for president again and this one is just for starters.

Boy, who would have guessed this one. The Democrats are going to be trying to work it all out and Biden, so far, figures to stay in the race but all sorts are now coming out and telling him to stop it!

Not much else to say right now. Was hoping somebody started something but didn't find it.

i thought this might make a good starter but, again, put it in the wrong place and have never figured out how to change - oh well.... (ignorance is not kind)

Last edited by jgw; 07/18/24 05:55 PM.
K
enthusiast
enthusiast
K
Gotta keep the friendly good gut bacteria happy and healthy.

Thanks for the intestinal advise Jeffrey. I will keep that in mind.

I think there is only one solution for my metaphorical stomach issues, and no pill will fix it.

Good doesn't always win!
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Biden just announced he is no longer running - HERE WE GO!!

Decision on who is going to run will be at the August convention (17th I think)

Last edited by jgw; 07/21/24 06:20 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I just go home from the Wat, the wife and I spent the day out at the Wat taking part in the Asalha Puja Ceremony. This is the first I heard of Biden stepping down or aside, withdrawing. In a way I feel sad as I think he was forced out via the pressure placed on him by the DNC, Democratic Party Leaders and elected officials. I haven’t had time to evaluate or take it all in. Although the hints with a high probability were there ever since the debate of 27 June. Whether this helps or hurts the democrats or is meaningless as to the dynamics of this race remains to be seen.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
...this is the first I heard of Biden stepping down or aside, withdrawing....
It's been kicked-around since Joe got COVID around the 4th of July.

The Rs are the only party with an old candidate suffering from pre-Alzheimers. Trump’s father Fred, died from Alzheimers – an inherited disease.

Who better to remind Americans everyday that there is a convicted criminal, adjudicated sexual assaulter, adjudicated business fraudster at the top of the R ticket, than a former prosecutor, like Kamala Harris.

Being a woman, Kamala can remind women voters, daily, what is at stake for them with Project 2025 and another four years of MAGAt policies.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
MAGAts will attack Kamala’s blackness and womanhood, without a doubt.

Kamala is not Hillary. Kamala will garner the younger vote AND the black vote, the Latin-x vote. smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I like Jay Inslee for VP pick, and here is why:

Jay Inslee is termed-out as governor of the state of Washington in December 2024. There would be no need for a special election.

In 2013, Jay Inslee became the 23rd Governor of the US state of Washington. Before becoming the governor, he was a United States Congressman in the House of Representatives for more than 20 years.

Inslee graduated from the University of Washington and Willamette University College of Law. A politically active student, he became a criminal prosecutor after graduation.

Jay Inslee was regional director for the United States Department of Health and Human Services under President Bill Clinton.

Inslee centered his previous presidential campaign around climate change and other environmental issues. His policy positions included transitioning the United States completely to zero-emission renewable energy by 2035, and investing in the creation of a clean energy economy and additional jobs. Inslee is also pro-STEM in education. Jay has also pushed for more equal access to education for disadvantaged populations, such as undocumented immigrants, DREAMers, and incarcerated folks. Jay pushed for large investments in mental health programs, universal preschool through age four, free or reduced college tuition, reflecting the principles of the College Grant Program he implemented in Washington state.

Inslee is pro-woman, pro-LGBTQIA+, pro-environment, pro-science.

2 members like this: logtroll, Jeffery J. Haas
Page 28 of 38 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard