WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by pdx rick - 09/19/24 10:26 AM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,239,025 my own book page
5,043,772 We shall overcome
4,233,088 Campaign 2016
3,840,203 Trump's Trumpet
3,040,093 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,371
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,113
Posts314,206
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 38 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 37 38
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Excellent pick, Rick.
No doubt about it, Jay is just one of what I would call an embarrassment of riches.
I heard a funny thing the other day and I'm still scratching my head about it..

I'm scratching my head because I feel dumb for not remembering it but our local news mind trust, KTLA Channel 5, also doesn't remember it.
And neither does the DNC, apparently, because KTLA included Gavin Newsom, also an excellent choice, as a potential running mate this morning.

The Twelfth Amendment says that POTUS and VEEP can't both be from the same state.

Anyway, I would also be thrilled to see Gretchen Whitmer as VEEP.
Imagine how terrified Donald would be.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Are you saying that Inslee is going to run for president? You gotta be kidding! (sorry, don't want to start anything. Just couldn't resist)

I just hope that Trump has a debate with Kamala (if she becomes the one who will stand). She will eat him alive! (apparently and it seems there will be a debate as well)

Last edited by jgw; 07/22/24 08:57 PM.
jgw #348802 07/22/24 04:03 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
Are you saying that Inslee is going to run for president?
I suggested Jay Inslee for VP slot to run with Kamala.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
Oh - my error!

If Kamala is it then it seems, from all the talk that its probably be one of the Democratic governors but, really, I have no idea. This morning I listened to the guy who is Trump's VP. That guy was giving a speech and it was REALLY good! No Trump stuff, just old fashioned politics going after the Democrats (didn't mention any of his extremes and he has a lot of them. He also didn't forget anti-Democratic crap).
This guy is DANGEROUS!!

My hope is that the Democrats can actually go after Trump, tooth and nail and no screwing around. I am seriously tired of watch stuff like forgetting that Trump stopped the border thing, etc. If the Democrats are going to win they have to actually go after them instead of talking about what they are going to do and forgetting what they have actually done (they have done ALOT! and seem to feel that everybody knows that - they do not!). As far as I can tell those that support Trump are seriously ignorant!

I firmly believe that those that support Trump need some serious education as most of what they attack with is just nonsense and now they aren't going to have Biden to kick around anymore although they are doing that even after he said he is stepping down and getting away with it as well.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Here are some polls for comparison, two-way, Trump led Biden by 3 points, Trump leads Harris by 2 points.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-biden
https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-harris

Five-way, Trump led Biden by 3.7 points, Trump leads Harris by 4.7 points.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/po...ump-vs-biden-vs-kennedy-vs-west-vs-stein
https://www.realclearpolling.com/po...mp-vs-harris-vs-kennedy-vs-stein-vs-west

Either Biden or Harris, the race was close with Trump having a slight edge. I follow the numbers, it is important to know, realize that all these polls, both Trump vs. Biden and Trump vs. Harris were taken prior to Biden’s withdrawal. The public and the polls haven’t had time to catch up with Biden leaving the race nor have they given time for the adjustments to Harris becoming the democratic nominee. What these polls do show is that it made little difference if the democratic nominee was Biden or Harris prior to the Biden withdrawal. This could change in the coming weeks mainly because it was a what if question when it came to Trump vs. Harris whereas Trump vs. Biden was reality.

What I’ll be watching in the next couple of weeks is enthusiasm to vote in this years presidential election which was at an all time low, movement in those intending to vote third party along with those, approximately 30% of the electorate who disliked and didn’t want neither Trump nor Biden as their next president, if some will move out of this category to support Harris or will they remain in the dislike and don’t want column being the election is now Harris vs. Trump. Whether their dislike of Biden rubs off on Harris which it may not have to. As of today, Harris has a lower positive or favorable as seen by all Americans than either Trump or Biden. But now what if has now become reality, this too can change.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/favorability/political-leaders

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by perotista
...Trump leads Harris by 2 points...
Not bad smile It's within the margin of error.

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump

Prosecutor vs felon.
Woman vs rapist.
Minority vs racist.
Gen X vs Boomer.
Educated vs Not so stellar thinker
Happily married vs Serial adulterer.
Middle class vs Oligarch.
Public servant vs Draft dodger.
Supports our Troops vs Calling our Troops "suckers & losers"

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
My hope is that Kamala differs significantly from Joe regarding the Gaza War. If she can do that, she'll win in November. Many of my co-workers were going to sit-out this election because of Joe's inability to forcefully come down on Israel for slaughtering over 40,000 innocents - mostly women and children.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
...Trump leads Harris by 2 points...
Not bad smile It's within the margin of error.
Yes, within the MOE which means basically a tie. But that was in just the two-candidate race. No other choice than just Harris and Trump. There will be more than just Trump and Harris on the ballot this November in most states. RFK Jr., West, Stein, Oliver, all will be on half or more state ballots. So far RFK Jr. states he’s on 28 state ballots as of today worth 384 electoral votes.

https://www.kennedy24.com/ballot-access

The following parties are ballot-qualified in at least five states:

Libertarian Party: 37 states – Chase Oliver
Green Party: 22 states – Jill Stein
Constitution Party: 12 states – Randall Terry
Independent Party: 5 states Candidate unknown
Cornell West – 5 state ballots

https://ballotpedia.org/Minor_party_presidential_ballot_access,_2024

Voter enthusiasm for voting for the presidency comes out tomorrow. This I want to get a good gander at to compare to last weeks voter enthusiasm. Last week, all adults, only 43% were either extremely or very enthusiastic about voting for the presidency. That’s down from 76% in 2020. Broken down, 2024 Democratic enthusiasm last week 43%, 2020 79%, independents 25%, 2020 61%, republicans 65%, 2020 87%. I want to see if voter enthusiasm increased among democrats and independents since Biden’s withdrawal with Harris going to be the democratic nominee.

2024 question 3
https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_sPu9WiO.pdf

2020 question 22
https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/nzc8dt85gn/econTabReport.pdf

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Page 29 of 38 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard