WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by pdx rick - 09/19/24 10:26 AM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 10 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,238,792 my own book page
5,043,704 We shall overcome
4,231,921 Campaign 2016
3,839,751 Trump's Trumpet
3,039,736 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,371
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,113
Posts314,206
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Honcho
old hand
OP Offline
Honcho
old hand
Are you seriously considering voting for a felon, a sexual predator and a adjudicated rapist? Shame on you if you are

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]

By DOUG THOMPSON
August 3, 2024

I am writing this from a rehab facility in Southwestern Virginia, after bring transferred here from a hospital, following eight days for two surgeries to drain and flush a large abscess in my left leg from six bacteria (five to the leg tissue and one in my blood).

To say the least, I have been absent from the massive changes in the 2024 election and the emergence of Kamala Harris as a new hope to defeat convicted felon Donald. Trump from finish his destruction of American Democracy.

It seems both ironic and karma that Harris, a former California state attorney general and successful prosecutor, would be the best choice to take on a felon, court-certified sexual predator and adjudicated rapist Trump, who is also guilty of many other crimes, cons and fraud.

Late this week, The Washington Post reported on a mysterious transfet of $10 million in cash from a intelligence operational fund in a Turkish Bank just before the 2016 election and when Trump suddenly had $10 million for a cash loan to his financially-struggling campaign. Trump came up with the money, even with insiders saying he didn’t the cash then,

When American law enforcement officials closed in on what would be serious felony acceptance off foreign money into a federal campaign and could have sent Trump to The Big House with bars instead of the White House, Justice Department leaders shut down access to proving documents and, after his election upset, his appointed Attorney General William Barr, shut the investigation down, saying “nothing here.’ The “nothng” as any attention to the law or Constitution.

That wasn’t the only time Barr put loayalty to Trump above the law He ignored recommendations of a special counsel who Trump was guilty of interference with an impeachment.

“Nothing there,” Barr said.Barr ied and Trump continued tobuild on his reputation of the “Teflon Trump.”

This time around, Trump has his own “Mini-Me” puppet, J.D. Vance, the “Hillbilly Elegy” author who invented an exaggerated Appalachian Upbringing in Kentucky into classes at Yale, funded in large part by a Congressman, into a manufactured book, a career in finance and a reputation built on lies.

As an illicit duo of frauds, Trump and Vance will attack with lies and avoid answering direct questions about their grifts, lies and overt racism.

Let’s hope American voters see through the lies, the hate, the violence and the racism, and turn to the hope that Kamala Harris offers to this nation.

Voters should select a tireless ex-prosecutor who is far younger than the aging, demented criminal Trump.

The good news is that the choice is a simple one. The better news is that we have our best chance yet to rid this nation of an old, corrupt, disgraced criminal and fraud and replace him with a young, energetic rising star, capable public servant, and great lady who cares about saving America, not looting and destroying the nation that we love and cherish.

Copyright © 2024 Capitol Hill Blue

It is the role of a newspaperman to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
-- Finley Peter Dunne
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Bill Barr is probably more corrupt than the corrupt Clarance Thomas or corrupt Sam Alito.

Great Rant, Doug!

God Speed. I am glad to hear that your on the mend. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Doug Thompson
This time around, Trump has his own “Mini-Me” puppet, J.D. Vance, the “Hillbilly Elegy” author who invented an exaggerated Appalachian Upbringing in Kentucky into classes at Yale, funded in large part by a Congressman, into a manufactured book, a career in finance and a reputation built on lies

JD Vance supports Project 2025:
Keep women barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Doug Thompson
Let’s hope American voters see through the lies, the hate, the violence and the racism, and turn to the hope that Kamala Harris offers to this nation.
In the last 12 days alone, volunteers have placed 2.3 million phone calls, knocked on 172,000 doors and sent nearly 2.9 million text messages to voters in the seven battleground. This grassroots support comes as vice president Harris secured enough delegates to win her party's nomination.

In sunbelt states like Georgia, North Carolina, there have been tens of thousands of supporters signing up in the last 12 days. 63,000 sign-ups in Georgia, nearly 40,000 in North Carolina.

We got this.

Harris 2024

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
J.D. Vance = Just Dumb Vance

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
Its actually pretty interesting. I have heard that this year is the first year in over 25 years where the Democrats are going for the whole United States instead of picking them they think need attention and ignoring all the rest (which cost the last woman running for the Democrats). This time around, from what I understand, every voter the Democrats can find will hear from them - NOBODY gets left out this time around!

I have been whining about the Democratic party and the business of just paying attention to those who they think need it, etc. Never actually understood what I was talking about or what was going on but, I think, I do now. I also understand that it was Biden who put it all together. That, in itself, is something else that was interesting. I may be wrong but I am under the impression that the Democrats hire so-called experts in voting, etc. and it those experts who are responsible. Now, apparently, somebody figured out that it just wasn't really working.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that what the Democrats seem to be doing, this time around, is pretty impressive. (and it gets more impressive every day when the returns come in.

One other thing. When one watches political on TV there is one thing that keeps on coming up. Harris has not given any reporter an opportunity to be questioned and they all seem to be VERY upset about this one. I find it kinda interesting. They know, for instance, what kind of job she has been doing since she got out of College. They also know that she was considered, by those that hired her or voted for her, that she did her job well. They also know where she stands on most things. One of the things that TV reporters do that bother me is that they are ALL determined to wring the best story of the day out of the victim being questioned. This, in turn, tends to somehow define the victim as well. My own thought is that Harris is moving up pretty well, right now, without a reporter trying to wring something for them out of her. Once she is president she will have to deal with them, but, right now, it seems she is doing well without the questions and has, so far, pretty much stated where she stand on most things. There are some she has skipped through but she survived. Anyway, I am not upset that the reporters haven't had a chance, yet, to have at her and, from my place, its just fine with me and, seemingly, everybody else too. That, on its own says something, I think?

One more thing. I tend to consider persons being questioned to be victims, plain and simple. I suspect some don't treat those being questioned as victims but it always seems to end that way. Its not obvious but it IS. I am probably wrong but.......... (sorry)

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by jgw
..Ijust wanted to say that what the Democrats seem to be doing, this time around, is pretty impressive. (and it gets more impressive every day when the returns come in....
Indeed.

The GOP is going for "big tent" too: They will accept everyone from the 34-count felon to the truly evil, and now brain worm victims. laugh

J
jgw Online Content
old hand
Online Content
old hand
J
The brain worm guy is interesting. Seems he has been offered a job in the next Trump time - in charge of all the medical stuff. Kinda makes sense to me!

One can only wonder - seem I am spending my life wondering. What else is one to do!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Trump + RFKjr = Weird & Weirder

veteran
veteran
Not sure if weird and weirder is how I would describe them, but certainly some of what they say is very strange and definitely disturbing.

Trump suffers from narcissistic delusions. Kennedy suffers from Q-paranoia which leads to delusions. In fact every MAGA I have met suffers from Q-paranoia.. They believe the government (and many institutions) is corrupt and out to get them. Trump tapped into this and promoted the idea Washington is a swamp and only Trump can drain it. It's too bad what he really meant was he'll get rid of the deep state alligators and replace them with Trump's corrupt crocodiles. This is one of the reasons Trump has been so successful, by appealing to MAGA delusions.

Now one may ask, how do I know I am not delusional and they are rational? Well I can look at the facts and make reasonable conclusions (not necessarily correct but rational and logical), while they can look at the same facts and deny they are even facts. That's is what I would call irrational, which leads to me concluding they are delusional.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard