WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
2024 Election Forum
by pdx rick - 09/19/24 10:26 AM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 10 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,238,792 my own book page
5,043,704 We shall overcome
4,231,921 Campaign 2016
3,839,751 Trump's Trumpet
3,039,736 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,371
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,113
Posts314,206
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 38 1 2 36 37 38
veteran
veteran
I'm still amazed Trump has the support from non-MAGA he has. They should have recognized who and what he is and found him lacking in all respects. I have told my MAGA brethren I would not be so adamant about the Republican candidate if it was anyone one else. It is all about Trump himself ... sexual predator, fraudster, insurrectionist.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Me also, rporter. Trump is a big no, no. I’ve disliked him ever since he first stepped on the scene back in late 2015. I think one must keep in mind, a lot of folks vote on who one isn’t whether than on who one is. Many disliked both major party candidates. This was especially true in the Biden vs. Trump rematch. Biden was disliked more than Trump based on his overall job performance than who he was as a person. Trump disliked more as a person than the job he did as president.

There has however, been a shift among those non-MAGA, not affiliated with either major party, the less to non-partisans since the change from Biden to Harris. You seen this in how swing voters, independents plan on voting. In the Biden vs. Trump rematch, Trump led among this group 37-30 over Harris with 18% voting third party against both Trump and Biden, 14% undecided. With Harris, many came over to her side to even things up. Today it’s 39-39 tie with 8% voting third party, the rest undecided.

Things are changing, but keep in mind, swing voters don’t have the intense dislike of Trump as Democrats do. But then again, their attention to politics is light to a passing fancy. Their emphasis or matters of importance range to many other things than politics. Politics low on the list of their interests. Again, very hard for the partisans, loyalist, etc. of both major parties to understand. Maybe this helps or perhaps not. If one isn’t a member of either major party, their level of interest falls into the casual observer role.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

Contrarian, extraordinaire

veteran
veteran
If one isn’t a member of either major party, their level of interest falls into the casual observer role
Unmentioned since I posted this idea many years ago.

My unscientific guesstimate is about 99% of people in any sovereign nation are only affected by economic conditions, independent of who or what kind of leader of system of government they reside. This being said, it is obvious to me only a small number of people are actively involved in politics, until and if the inertia for change for whatever reason reaches the critical inflection point when the "right" number of people become involved. That also being said, it is also obvious most people simply go about their business, keeping their head down doing the survival thing.

Thus should Trump be re-elected we would see the same thing happen. People would go about their business without any concern. It is however the small number and perhaps the "right" number of people who will be actively engaged in anti-Trump rhetoric or with adamant opposition to anti-Democratic policies changes which will bring out the cudgel of fascism. I will become an enemy of the Trump State, as I will vehemently oppose those anti-Democratic policies endorsed by Trump, as well as his corruption and of his followers.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Would-be assassins need to stop targeting Trump and let him be humiliated at the ballot box.

Trump losing to a black woman in November will certainly kill him.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Curious rporter. How many people do you think are politically active vs. those who just go about their business with their heads down? By being politically active I mean more than just voting. On average 45% of all Americans don’t bother to vote in the presidential election, midterm elections raised that non-voting to 60%.

How many or what percentage attend political meetings and or rallies, donate money, call their elected officials or write them? How many volunteers for campaign work, calling or mailing or going door to door? I haven’t been politically involved since Ross Perot left the scene and wasn’t prior to Perot entering the scene. That is outside of voting which just voting isn’t being politically active. One has to do more.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
What interesting on this Rick is if you take all the polls which started and ended after the debate, beginning with 9-11, 7 of them. Harris average lead is 3.3, just outside the MOE. Now looking at the multi-candidate polls since there will be third party candidates on most state ballots if not all. There are 5 polls taken between 9-11 to today. Harris average lead is 3.0.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/po...mp-vs-harris-vs-kennedy-vs-stein-vs-west

Harris had a 1.4-point lead on the day of the debate in the 2 candidate polls and a 1.9-point lead in the multi candidate polls. There can be no doubt the debate has helped Harris some. But how much is that gain in the lead over Trump is caused by the debate or as a result of the normal ups and downs of polling?

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Every sane and rational person agrees that Trump lost the debate. (Trump says he won, naturally). Not only did he lose the debate, he now has an albatross around his neck due to the lie that he said during the debate: Haitian immigrants in Springfield, OH are eating our pets.

That controversy is not dying. In fact, Trump and Just Dumb (JD) Vance are doubling-down on that lie. This is affecting Trump's poll number in Miami where there is a large Haitian immigrant community. Florida now is in play for VP Harris.

Page 38 of 38 1 2 36 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard