WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
What happens if Trump actually does it?
by perotista - 10/03/24 07:09 PM
The thing about Israel and Netanyahu
by jgw - 10/02/24 06:39 PM
The Trump Media Scam
by jgw - 09/26/24 11:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 09/25/24 12:10 PM
Joe Biden's heartfelt 'Good-bye' speech to the U.N.
by pdx rick - 09/24/24 06:53 PM
Round Table for Summer 2024
by Kaine - 09/18/24 01:01 PM
Media and Politics
by jgw - 09/12/24 05:45 PM
Religion in tax supported schools
by jgw - 09/10/24 08:58 PM
Demented Trump and an American hell-hole
by pdx rick - 09/08/24 09:07 AM
A tough election with a simple conclusion
by rporter314 - 09/06/24 04:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,239,791 my own book page
5,043,991 We shall overcome
4,234,018 Campaign 2016
3,840,683 Trump's Trumpet
3,040,509 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,376
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,117
Posts314,229
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
The fact that Kamala Harris was vice president for 3 years is a big deal with the Republicans. They keep on saying: You were a vice president for 3 years and you didn't do this or that. Every day I hear this one and they are proud of what they are saying. Everytime I hear it the first thing that comes to mind is THAT SHE WAS NOT THE PRESIDENT! Hell, there even used to be a TV show about a vice president. The basic point was that vice presidents are not presidents, do what the president says, and rarely gets to go off by themselves to do ANYTHING! Vice presidents, as far as I think, are there for one simple thing. If something happens to the President they are ready to step in the fill the hole. That's it! Nothing else!

All that being said I have also noted that not one time have I heard the Democrats, at the very least, even infer that Vice presidents are not Presidents. One would think, at the very least, that they might say, at least that much, in reply to the Republican suggestions that she might have been president, that she had the power to do something on her own, etc. As far as I know that's the way it is - pure and simple.

Anyway, I wonder. First, am I dead wrong? and, if not, what the heck is hold the democrats back from, at least, pointing out that the woman was NOT the president!!

Thoughts (I have noted that whatever I write no longer gets a reply, wonder why.... )

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Before VP Harris was VP, she was a Senator. Before that, she ws CA's Attorney General. Before that, she was a county prosecutor.

VPs don't set policy. Ask Rwingers: Did Mike Pence?

Fox News gave VP Harris the Border Czar moniker. VP Harris was never a “Border Czar” - that is a Fox News made--up title. VP Harris was never responsible for policy.

Ol' Joe put VP Harris in charge of meeting with Central American countries to determine the root causes of the immigration.

The U.S. could have had a strong border policy last Spring, but convicted felon, geriatric 78-year old DonOLD Trump killed the plan and then bragged about it.

Trump killed a bipartisan bill because he knew it would render his entire campaign irrelevant.
AZCentral.com

Contrarian, extraordinaire

J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
My point was that Harris was a Vice President. What the Republicans are doing as proving that she did NOTHING! They continually say, "3.5 years as Vice President and she didn't do a thing!" and it tends to irritate me.

I am really tired of the Democrats just ignoring much of the stuff/lies the Trumpies hammer, over and over. The Democratic Party just kinda do their jobs and, in this case, they have not! They can fight it but, instead, just lets it go because everybody knows that vice presidents are not president. Seems I remember when, in another race, when they took stuff for for granted.

J
jgw Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Last night I watched the vice president debate. The Trump side mentioned the simple fact that Harris had spent 3+ years as Vice President and had done NOTHING! They mentioned this at least 10 times!! Not once did the democratic opposition point out a simple fact - HARRIS WAS A VICE PRESIDENT! NOT PRESIDENT! Vice presidents actually do one thing, they watch the president and how it all works so he/she is ready should he/she becomes president. That's it!!! If they are given a job to do, by the president, they also do the job. One of the jobs she had was to goto latin America and try to do something to stop their people leaving to come to the United States. She did that job - that's it!!

Not one time, NOT ONE TIME! Did the Democrats point this little fact out. Not one damned time! I wrote the basis of this a while ago now, apparently I seem to be the only personal who knows what a Vice President does and it has little to do with anything not directly connected to the existing president! My problem, I guess, is that I have little respect for the American voting public. Many just do not seem to have a mind or much knowledge and when the Trump side says that she did nothing they are suggesting that she should have done something that she was not able to do unless the President told her to do something - He did not so she did not. In other words, she did her job!!

I should add that I read several reports on the debate. In a couple of them there were people who said they were voting for Trump because Vice President Harris had done nothing to fix anything for over 3 years. Oh well..........

Apparently my thought in all of this is just wrong. I guess its fine for the Democrats are quite willing to have their candidate be pasted with "NOTHING" when it comes to being vice president. This being the case all I can do is to say that I am sorry to have mentioned something that, I guess, is really no problem at all (until Harris goes down - then, maybe?)

Last edited by jgw; 10/03/24 07:47 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard