WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by jgw - 05/20/24 06:38 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/20/24 06:22 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,099 my own book page
5,017,082 We shall overcome
4,196,072 Campaign 2016
3,794,719 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,753 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,287
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,794
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Elections 2024 Jump to new posts
Re: A question jgw 6 minutes ago
It dawns on me that I should suggest that anybody that has read the above actually google "the previous trump presidency". I know, everybody remembers. That being said I suspect that they will learn what they thought they remembered by a large margin. I think this because it happened to me! I personal thought is that everybody should really read about the last Trump Presidency. You know, it will bring back the Good Old Days! Give it a try!!
14 233 Read More
The Biden Administration Jump to new posts
Re: Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt pdx rick 21 minutes ago
Ladder pulling: To prevent other people from having or enjoying the same advantages or opportunities that you enjoyed by taking away that advantage or opportunity.

Example: Disallowing student loans in bankruptcy when other generations were able to take advantage of doing so.
65 2,680 Read More
Elections 2024 Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Election Forum jgw 05/17/24 07:45 PM
Perhaps Trump thinks that he can out yell the the microphone from the other side? They will also have NOBODY attending this but the two that partake. I, personally, do not think this will actually happen as claimed. That having been said miracles can happen?
157 4,700 Read More
CHB Columnists
Re: No rubbers for Trump Kaine 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Maybe his wife won't let him touch her?!??
2 90 Read More
News Jump to new posts
Re: Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians jgw 05/15/24 08:29 PM
Incidentally, the Palestinians are now full members of the UN. We voted NO, made no difference. I think they are entitled and, now, the trick will be to pick out a place that they can actually call their own. Netanyahu will have a FIT! The United States and the UK set up this whole mess. Its time to settle it!!

Its also interesting that Netanyahu is still charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes in three separate scandals involving powerful media moguls and wealthy associates. He denies wrongdoing. The Israeli court remains open on that one and continues, as far as I can tell. This actually makes Trump and Netanyahu kinda brothers at playing courts. Netanyahu has been fighting this whole thing since, I think, around 2019.

I just tried to look the whole thing up and found that its kinda mysterious right now but remains active.
30 4,434 Read More
Politics In General Jump to new posts
Re: Marching in favor of Palestinians pdx rick 05/14/24 07:38 PM
What I don't get is that conservatives are labeling the pro-Palestinian movement as "anti-Semitic." The Palestinians are Semitic people. How can supporting Palestinians be "anti-Semitic?”

What conservatives fail to articulate is that the pro-Palestinian movement is anti-Zionist. Zionists are conservative Israelis who believe they should own all of Israel and ignore the 1948 two-state solution.

Being anti-Zionist and anti-Israeli government for their policies is not anti-Semitic.
4 217 Read More
CHB Columnists
Re: Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist pdx rick 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Who can forget Trump's disastrous response to the deadly neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville? In the wake of George Floyd's death, Trump failed to rise to the occasion, by dividing and not uniting.

Trump has still refused apologize to the Central Park Five - five Black and Latino teenagers. The five men had their convictions vacated in 2002, but Mr. Trump still refuses, out of malice or vanity, to apologize or acknowledge their innocence. When asked whether he believes they should have been convicted, he still insists that they admitted their guilt. Why? Because they’re non-white and in Trump’s mind, non-white's commit crimes.
1 143 Read More
CHB Columnists
Re: Trump's base having second thoughts pdx rick 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Sadly, some Rs who I thought have seen the light (McConnell, Barr) who previously denounced Trump, state they will gladly vote for Trump again.

The fellas know what an awful human being Trump is, but they would rather vote for a dishonest, corrupt, clown, over a decent human being that holds America's democracy as a value, simply because this decent human being is a democrat.

Truth be told, every R-POTUS in the last 40 years has left office with the American economy in ruins. Why would anyone want more of THAT? While POTUS, Trump also rolled-back environmental advances, and wrecked havoc on America's social safety nets all to benefit the wealthy. Trump failed to fill top government positions, and instead placed incompetent "acting" place-holders. Trump's handling of C19 was disastrous. Who can forget Trump's disastrous response to the deadly neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville? In the wake of George Floyd's death, Trump failed to rise to the occasion, by dividing and not uniting.

Trump's frequent racist rhetoric as POTUS was beyond the pale.

Trump often took credit for the robust US economy before the pandemic, ignoring that much of the growth began during the Obama administration. Trump caused consumer prices to go up with his asinine tariffs he imposed on China. The American farmer was hurt in these Chinese tariffs as well to the extent that the Trump Administration had to pay the American farmer for the damage the policy caused.
4 273 Read More
Politics In General Jump to new posts
Re: Watching the Supreme Court pdx rick 05/14/24 07:07 PM
The fact that the SCOTUS hasn't returned a decision on Trump's immunity claim - which they should have returned a decision the next day stating that a POTUS is not immune from committing crimes - tells me that the SCOTUS is trying to craft a positive decision that will only apply to Trump and not any other POTUS.

THAT is how corrupt our SCOTUS has become. These conservative judges would never bend-over backwards for a D-POTUS.
3 172 Read More
Member Submitted Links Jump to new posts
Clarence has a problem!! jgw 05/13/24 06:25 PM
I wonder if anybody has seen this one:
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/othe...ears-into-hideous-washington/ar-BB1mgKth

Justice Clarence Thomas is upset because he, and his wife, are not being treated properly and, obviously, he doesn't understand why anybody would act that way and they are upset.

Just thought I would pass it on.
0 40 Read More
Member Submitted Links Jump to new posts
The Trump Presidency jgw 05/10/24 08:12 PM
I think that we need a forum that lists something almost interesting about the previous Trump Presidency. I think this is pretty important since we may have the opportunity to have a new Trump Presidency and everybody deserves to know how the previous Trump Presidency actually was. Once there is more info perhaps there needs to be something to the effect of: The Previous Trump Presidency with a complete list which references each and every story, subject by subject. If you google "the previous trump presidency" you will get, pretty much, exactly that. Its incredible! Trump continues to lie and a good percentage of the American voting public believe him! If there was ever a situation wherein the American Voting Public is proving its incapable of actually taking a real look at Mr. Trump and his real capacity its "the previous trump presidency" Its all there!! One would think that the news, on public TV might, I suggest, give America just a little taste of what we are going to get if he wins!

Remember, it was the American media which gave us Trump in the first place with his TV show which was, basically, actually not real. Then American media discovered that if they covered Trump it was money in their pocket as Trump amused everybody with his lies. Now we are getting it again and the American media has determined, apparently, that it might upset somebody should they actually show American what its going to get if he wins again!! This is NOT a joke! Its real!! I would really appreciated it if anybody could actually tell me what the HELL is going on!!!

Sorry, I started with something and then it dawned on me that this is a serious thing, its an American thing that, literally, makes no real sense. We actually have the capacity to tell the American voters what, exactly they get and nobody seems to want to know.

Amongst other things its interesting that many of these lies are being repeated this time around as well. To that this might start the ball rolling:
30,000 lies.........
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/timeline-trump-claims-as-president/

Trump currently says the Biden presidency is the worst ever (another flat out lie) but:
Then there was this: https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/

Again, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!! Why is our TV news incapable of telling America what, exactly, they can expect with a new Trump Presidency??? When he lies, on TV, why are they not calling him on it? Everytime he is on TV he lies, pure and simple, and, apparently, its OK? When, for instance, he says that Biden is the worst president in history that is a flat out lie yet at least half the voter public believes that one alone.

When I started this I thought just listing stuff from the previous Trump presidency might do something I was wrong. It will simply be ignored. If, however, the current news covers a trump lie then they should tell America a fact as to how it was handled, by Trump, before! That is not taking a side, that is reporting the news!!

I think that these are fair question!
0 36 Read More
General Stuff Jump to new posts
Re: Watching the Supreme Court jgw 05/06/24 09:11 PM
Yep and short memories is just the start. This is particularly true of the voting public. I have, pretty much, whined enough on that stuff. After you told me about your adventures in buying surplus stuff I thought I would take a look. What I found were, literally, hundreds (if not thousands), of places to buy surplus. The entire surplus thing is also interesting. States, for instance, have stores to buy their surplus as does the fed as well. This is also true of universities. Dawns on me, its actually an industry! Amazing!

There seems to be not only government but entire companies dedicated to the sale of surplus. Pretty amazing but I gave up. I spend quite a bit of time spending very little buying stuff I don't need because I have a lot of time on my hands these days. When I buy on the net I usually just goto ebay as they, pretty much, sell everything. Much of what I buy on ebay comes from amazon. That one has always amused me. I have a friend who sells a lot on ebay and he explained why that is but I never figured it out.
24 542 Read More
CHB Columnists
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe Doug Thompson 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Trump’s psychologist niece calls him an ‘anti-American authoritarian wannabe’

But she worries that t that damning evidence agaisnt him in the hush money trial may not be enough to stop him

By DOUG THOMPSON
May 5, 2024

[video:youtube]
[/video]
(Courtesy of MSNBC)

(A message to our readers. This article was edited on Sunday, May 5. 2024, to correct typographical errors that should have been fexed before it was published. The errors were my fault and mine alone. My apologies. I let you down. -- Doug Thompson)

Donald Trump’s niece says her uncle, a disgraced former president is, in reality, an anti-American authoritarian wannabe and a critical threat to our nation’s democracy who continues to have the support of a Republican party that helps moralize his outrageous and dangerous behavior.

“I think the real split screen we need to think about is Donald Trump, presidential candidate for the Republican Party, and Donald Trump, anti-American authoritarian wannabe,” Mary Trump, a psychologist who know and understands the danger he is to America, tells MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace.

She continues:

And the problem is that we’re seeing that these are being treated as two entirely different people. It’s as if the fact that he is a criminal defendant, the fact that he has committed, allegedly, crimes against the United States of America have no impact whatsoever on his relevance or his standing as a candidate for the presidency.

And the problem is that we’re seeing that these are being treated as two entirely different people. It’s as if the fact that he is a criminal defendant, the fact that he has committed, allegedly, crimes against the United States of America have no impact whatsoever on his relevance or his standing as a candidate for the presidency.

Even with the damning evidence against him in the current hush money trial that clearly shows the corrupt president paid off two women he had affair with to keep quiet so he could become president in the surprise win in 2016, his niece says it might not be enough.

“It worries me, quite honestly, that as deep the trouble is that he’s in, it may not be enough,” she told Wallace. “It is really troubling, because it seems that there’s always a way out for him. There’s always somebody willing to bail him out. Even if it looks like there’s no escape. … And I don’t know — it worries me, quite honestly, that as deep the trouble is that he’s in, it may not be enough.”

On Huffpost, Ben Blanchet reports:

The comments from the former president’s niece come as he faces 34 counts of falsifying business records tied to hush money paid to adult film star Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election.

The former president and presumptive GOP presidential nominee leads President Joe Biden by less than 1 percentage point, as of May 2, according to an average of national polls compiled by FiveThirtyEight.

Trump is like a vampire who rises from political death time and time again after getting caught in stunds like hte audio tape where he bragged about forcing himself on married women by “grabbing their pussies” and succeeding because he is a celebrity.

Re: Fixing/Engineer the Weather jgw 05/03/24 10:52 PM
1 158 Read More
Climate Change and Environmental Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Earth Day tomorrow logtroll 05/03/24 01:09 AM
I was living in Montana then and I remember that line!

Used it frequently, in fact, very sarcastically.
9 291 Read More
CHB Columnists
Re: Hey Republicans: Why are you supporting a fascist and racist? rporter314 04/27/24 09:42 PM
Yes yes ... apparently according to AG Barr, the person who actively participated in and conspired to overthrow an election is not a threat to Democracy because he did not succeed.

I remember an old ad about drugs and a sizzling frying pan .... is Bill Barr on drugs???? or is he simply ...

We are truly lost
7 329 Read More
The RoundTable Jump to new posts
Re: Round Table for Spring 2024 rporter314 04/22/24 03:13 AM
For true MAGA these are all liberal lies and even if true irrelevant i.e. doesn't matter to MAGA.

For HE has been sent by GOD to save America from the evil Democrats ... that's all you need to know ... and now you can begin your lessons in the proper genuflection before the God chosen savior of America.
5 316 Read More
Foreign Policy & News Jump to new posts
Re: The long and winding road to Dumbass pdx rick 04/21/24 01:44 PM
Yesterday, Trump and Putin lost. The anti-Trump, anti-Putin, pro-Ukraine rebellion that began in the Senate, continued in the House when twenty-two Republicans joined Democrats to approve aid to Ukraine.
712 72,741 Read More
CHB Columnists
Re: To hell with Trump and his cult pdx rick 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Many legal analysts expect a conviction from Trump's first criminal trial. Media accounts of the trial are the Trump is falling asleep in court and passing gas - an odor his own legal team finds offensive. laugh
7 286 Read More