I would add that the speed and complexity of life adds to it. There is so much complexity in everything. I have no idea what my phone contract says. There are more cycles on my washer than I can ever use. I don’t use half the buttons on my remote control. The manual for my car, which is the size of a trade paperback (maybe larger) has a page and a half of directions and two small, nonsensical tables — to explain the freakin’ headlight controls.

Those are simple, minor frustrations but we deal with them, and others, every day - and small frustrations build up, unnoticed. But they eat time and brain cells.

Who has time to put in the time and/or effort to identify an issue we’re supposed to care about, figure out who has the best information? And then actually think about it? Especially if it doesn’t directly affect our lives. Let somebody else think about, and we’ll just adopt whatever sounds good.

I guess they used to call it information overload. It takes up an awful ot of time, energy, and brain cells.

Sorry. /rant