Just thought I might mention that, before there were automobiles we were gifted with, literally, feet of horse s*** lining every street. Now add in the simple fact that most streets were also not paved. So, when it rained the stink, we are told, along with festering piles of horse s*** everywhere, was, if nothing else, offensive. All I am saying is that I suspect this might have also had something to do with the advance of the automobile.

I have a book, titled; "the Good Old Days - They were Terrible! by Otto L Bettmann Its pretty educational to read something like that just to keep things in perspective. Oh, and its also filled with a lot of old photos as well. I would recommend it to anybody who wants to see how the good old days really were. Back then they had Government by politicians, of politicians, for politicians. I know, we have serious problems right now but if you take a look at what we have overcome it kinda gives one the hope that if they cleaned up those messes we should be able to fix what we have going on now?