Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Since Trump-appointed judges are freeing kidnappers these days, I suspect Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is going to tell Michigan police they need to have shoot-outs when they go to arrest people for such things. If judges are not willing to convict kidnappers just because their plot was politically-motivated, then I guess the police need to serve as judge, jury, and executioner.

No problem for the police: Nothing happens to police when they shoot anybody, even if it's an innocent bystander or a child in a car driving away. All they need is the flimsiest excuse, and out the courtroom door they go. Or never even get to court. Just a paid vacation while the case gets "investigated".
As a Michigander watching this action, and as a father whose son was a chef at the restaurant a stones throw away from the bridge to be blown up in Elk Rapids MI, I was saddened, yet not surprised by the result of the Whitmer plot trial.
I’ve sat on the patio of that restaurant & watched boats come & go under that bridge flying Trump flags and blaring their version of Foxual facts. Those people will never go away…truly, I believe never.
In a society as politically divided as I have ever seen, I wonder how rare it will be to find a person or a group unanimously guilty of a crime with a political backstory. A jury, it seems, will always have participants more or less intentional seated to lean to one side or the other. Facts, and factual use of decision making, as been a casualty of the Trump era. Mandating jurors rely on facts alone seems damn near impossible.