Originally Posted by pdx rick

I'm weary of being reminded, almost as if I'm some petulant eight year-old decrying a lost lollipop, that "Trump isn't a threat anymore" and "he will never win another election"...as if Donald Trump and Donald Trump only, is MY PROBLEM.
It's like when you visit another forum and some yahoo yells "You've got TDS!" and "Trump lives rent free in your head, LIBTARD!"

Trump? Saying he's a has-been won't make the problem go away, and as the NYT article cites:
TWENTY-EIGHT PERCENT OF ALL voters are now nursing doubts about the accuracy of elections.
And as Pero religiously avoids: Almost HALF of all Republicans are election deniers.

Meanwhile, you can forget all about Donald Trump if you wish but you can't ignore the fact that Marjorie Taylor-Greene, even stripped of all committee assignments, is rapidly becoming the most powerful figure in today's Trumplican Party.

Imagine, Trump with "sporkfoot syndrome" and a chip on her shoulder big enough to allow her to threaten both Kevin McCarthy AND Devin Nunes' Cow that he better give her a lot of power and leeway OR ELSE risk alienating the base.

Trump going away does not make the problem go away.
It might have two years ago, but not anymore, not after January 6th, not after both her and Lauren Boebert successfully avoiding prosecution as co-conspirators, not even being nicked for broadcasting the location of Pelosi and Pence in real time during the insurrection.

That's the kind of thing William L. Schirer, if he were still alive, would write about in a historic book about the rise of...oh wait, what am I saying????

Never mind! Nothing to see here, move along, it's just Jeffy having a fit over nothing. ROTFMOL

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

And don't pay any mind to the Spork-foot monster over there, she's harmless!

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]