Originally Posted by Doug Thompson
This will be a busy week, for reasons that have nothing to do with politics or health issues. On Thursday, my wife Amy and I will celebrate 43 years of marriage, a surprise for both of us since we both had failed first unions with our spouses. Next, I will turn 75 on Saturday, another surprise for someone who never expected to reach age 30, much less 43 more years over that age.

Our thanks to Jerry Garcia for writing and singing "What a long, strange trip it's been."

This a good time to also remember and thank each of you for your support of ReaderRant, the reader forum for the oldest political news site on the Internet. A year ago, I was shutting RR down, but the support and help from many of you kept it going on a new server with much-appreciated help and financial support. I can never repay you properly for your belief and aid.

Thank you and Amy and I will raise our glasses of non-alcoholic wine to you. Without you, we would not be here today.

Doug

We both have much in common. Karen and I both had one bad marriage each before rediscovering each other and we're on the cusp of our own 25th in a few months. Happy Birthday!
I'm ten years your junior and I find myself humming that Dead song to myself as well.

God Bless you and your lovely wife, Doug.
We're all lucky to know you.