I think Trump has much less support among Republican politicians than they claim. Yes, they have to appear to support Trump to try to get his base to vote for them. But it's pretty obvious they expect him to either drop out or get forced out before the primaries. That's why a bunch of them have announced their own run for President. They are actually rubbing their hands in glee now that his indictment is out.

If Trump is not on the ballot, I think a lot of Trumpers will just stay home on election day out of grief, anger, or disgust. Why would they vote for Republicans, who have little to do with Trumpism? Letting Trump actually run would be a major disaster for Republicans. I imagine they would lose both Houses and the presidency, as well as a lot of state races.

Other predictions: Loss of security clearances for anybody who publicly claims violation of the Espionage Act is no big deal. Indictments for a whole bunch of people in the conspiracy to overthrow the 2020 election. New Democratic majorities change Senate rules so they can restore the rights of pregnant women and include a "don't touch" clause for the Supreme Court. (Which they have the right to do.) New law that forces the Supreme Court to obey ethics rules. In general, try to fix everything Trump broke.