WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 04/26/24 04:59 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by Jeffery J. Haas - 04/26/24 03:02 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 04/24/24 04:33 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 04/24/24 02:19 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Trump and Satan. One and the same?
by pdx rick - 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Billionaires returning to Trump's cult
by jgw - 04/04/24 07:06 PM
Myths of Easter and other religious holidays
by pdx rick - 04/02/24 08:11 PM
Trump thinks he is the only god America needs
by Doug Thompson - 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,760 my own book page
5,012,164 We shall overcome
4,192,444 Campaign 2016
3,791,752 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,048 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,083
Posts313,680
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
General Stuff Jump to new posts
Re: Watching the Supreme Court perotista Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Coequal branches of government. The separation of powers between the branches of government. The president nor congress can tell the SCOTUS what to do. What congress can do is basically limited to impeachment of any of the SCOTUS justices. Which only one has been impeached, he was acquitted in the senate. Samuel Chase in 1805.
1 21 Read More
Politics In General Jump to new posts
Watching the Supreme Court jgw Yesterday at 04:59 PM
I wonder. I wonder if anybody has every charged the Supreme Court for not doing their job. Apparently virtually everybody who understands, and is watching the Supremes, seem to be on the side that says that they are just not doing their job! That being the case I wonder what would happen if somebody actually brought a case against them for not doing their job.

Interesting times.............

Thoughts?
0 14 Read More
Climate Change and Environmental Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Earth Day tomorrow Jeffery J. Haas Yesterday at 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by logtroll
Here is a photo of a Navajo Churro sheep mobile manure manufacturing plant...

http://www.navajo-churrosheep.com

I had never even SEEN an animal with four horns before.
5 102 Read More
CHB Columnists Jump to new posts
Re: Hey Republicans: Why are you supporting a fascist and racist? pdx rick Yesterday at 02:04 AM
Hey Republicans: Why are you supporting a fascist and racist?
The males on the Supreme Court certainly are! mad
6 165 Read More
Politics In General Jump to new posts
Marching in favor of Palestinians jgw 04/24/24 04:33 PM
Every night there are reports of college kids marching and rioting in favor of the Palestinians. Apparently this also means that they are marching against the Jews. I find it to be very strange. First, the people of Israel are constantly marching in favor of the Palestinians and against Netanyahu who is slaughtering the Palestinians. Basically, and apparently, the majority of Jews, in Israel are also marching in favor of the Palestinians. The difference is that in American they are marching against the Jews. These are the same Jews that are marching for the same reasons the college students are marching for.

I listen to the reports, every night and along with covering the Marches they also report that the Jews, in America are not safe because, apparently (again) the Americans are also marching against the Jews in America! At the same time they are also reporting on the folks in charge of the schools who are constantly talking about hatred of the Jews by their own students. I can go on and on about this but, basically, something here is very, very wrong. I would really like to know how such happens in this country and who is against the very Jews that are marching for the same reasons the Jews are marching in Israel. I have not heard one thing about this confusion. Who and why are the Americans who are marching for the Palestinians also marching against the same Jews that are marching for the same reasons.

There is something that is very wrong about this one and I have yet to hear one reporter report the problem. I also don't hear one person in charge of the schools this is happening mention this. None of it makes any sense. These kids are in COLLEGE! They should not be anti Jew because the Jews are not responsible for the doings of a lunatic murderous politician in Israel.

Just thought I would ask the question because somebody must know just what, exactly, is actually going on.
0 35 Read More
Elections 2024 Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Election Forum perotista 04/24/24 02:19 PM
This is interesting - New poll shows RFK Jr.'s campaign could sink Trump

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ump-biden-nbc-news-poll-finds-rcna148536

This goes against conventual wisdom as the pundits have been saying RFK Jr. would hurt Biden more than Trump. I’m prone to think way too much attention is made of RFK Jr. Mainly to the fact he’s has succeeded to gain ballot access in only 3 states so far. Hawaii, Michigan and Utah. Cornell West has tied RFK Jr. in gaining ballot access in 3 states, South Carolina, Alaska and Oregon. The following third parties are ballot-qualified in at least five states:

Libertarian Party: 37 states
Green Party: 20 states
Constitution Party: 12 states
Independent Party: 5 states
117 3,094 Read More
The Biden Administration Jump to new posts
Re: Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt Kaine 04/22/24 01:03 PM
I understand that Biden can only do so much. I am glad he is limited. This needs to be fixed in Congress and the Senate. But, cash giveaways only pay off someone else's debt - not a long-term solution.

I don't care who the beneficiary is for this one. I have a daughter-in-law that will probably benefit from this. That's good for her, but I still don't think it should be a cash giveaway. She would never in her life vote for Biden.

There has got to be a long-term fix for this. Are we going to start paying for everyone's extended education for free? If that is what is wanted, find a way that it doesn't burden the individual taxpayer more than it already does. We already pay enough for taxes!

I understand how important education is. Fix it so people can afford to go to extended education.

Oh, on a side note, I am not an R and am insulted that someone other than an R can not criticize Biden and what he does.
55 2,277 Read More
News Jump to new posts
Re: Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians chunkstyle 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Ok, I’ll break with my oath of not engaging with rightwing ideologues as there’s nothing to be gained from doing so but this state of international affairs is to ironic, stupid and dangerous to pass up.
One the one hand, Congress just passed another fat war funding bill aimed at supporting two fascist ethno states. The right wing Dem party went all fandom waving flags of the ethnic white fascist regime in the Ukraine cuz Russia while the further right simmered with rage at the thought of betrayal from House Speaker Johnson’s eleventh hour compromise war funding bill. A bill that was primarily opposed by the no good, terrible anti war republican conservatives that the Dem war party can’t stand from an aesthetic sensibility.

Not that Conservatives don’t mind the killing of Muslims in particular or brown skinned cultures in general. They’ve been on board with the Israelis and their ethnofascists genocide. Just as they’ve been on board with killing Muslims or darker complected countries for, what, 50 years or better?

What an odd state of affairs. Each rightwing team has a favored ethnofascist vassal state, actively trying to cleanse an ethnic group from its borders, while the two imperial parties argue over which vassal is deserving or undeserving of billions of dollars.

Upshot: Both! You get a ethnofascist vassal state and you get an ethnofascist vassal state…

Question, how do declare a holy war against the left, globally, support coups and state violence against left wing governments, back far right dictatorships and neofascists and not become so yourself?

Answer: you already are

All those spook stories being obsessed here and in corporate propaganda media over Russian election interference while AIPAC laughs its head off…
26 4,096 Read More
The RoundTable Jump to new posts
Re: Round Table for Spring 2024 rporter314 04/22/24 03:13 AM
For true MAGA these are all liberal lies and even if true irrelevant i.e. doesn't matter to MAGA.

For HE has been sent by GOD to save America from the evil Democrats ... that's all you need to know ... and now you can begin your lessons in the proper genuflection before the God chosen savior of America.
5 190 Read More
Foreign Policy & News Jump to new posts
Re: The long and winding road to Dumbass pdx rick 04/21/24 01:44 PM
Yesterday, Trump and Putin lost. The anti-Trump, anti-Putin, pro-Ukraine rebellion that began in the Senate, continued in the House when twenty-two Republicans joined Democrats to approve aid to Ukraine.
712 43,148 Read More
Re: To hell with Trump and his cult pdx rick 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Many legal analysts expect a conviction from Trump's first criminal trial. Media accounts of the trial are the Trump is falling asleep in court and passing gas - an odor his own legal team finds offensive. laugh
7 150 Read More
Issues of Aging Jump to new posts
Re: Memory Loss jgw 04/20/24 05:12 PM
They also took a picture of my chest. Everything seems ok there. Then there is the head thing. Here is what they found. I have no idea what this one means but they will call me in and tell me the good news. Probably next week. Seems my brain is shrinking (not good). This is, incidentally and how I understand it, part of growing old. I gonna REALLY need the pill!!!:
FINDINGS:
Parenchyma: No intraparenchymal hemorrhage. No evidence of mass, midline shift, or CT findings of acute infarction. Gray-white differentiation is distinct.

Extraaxial Spaces: Increased volume loss when compared to the prior exam from 2017.

Ventricles: Mildly increased volume of the lateral ventricles since 2017.

Sinuses and Orbits: Imaged paranasal sinuses, orbits, and mastoids show no significant abnormality.

Bones: No evidence of fracture or calvarial defect.
42 9,485 Read More
News Jump to new posts
Fixing/Engineer the Weather jgw 04/18/24 05:56 PM
Google "engineers fix weather"

That will get you a LOT of information on Engineers "fixing" the weather. (along with other stuff)

Eventually I fear some country will hire engineers to fix their weather. If that happens then they will 'fix' the world's weather as well. I have thought on this one and it scares the hell out of me. If one of the engineer makes just one little error we may all die. I know, that's an extreme way of thinking. All that being said folks might start to think on this one because its coming, eventually. Hopefully everything will be fine.

As far as I can tell the weather engineers are gearing up.
0 41 Read More
Military & Veteran's Issues Jump to new posts
Re: The Draft jgw 04/16/24 09:58 PM
I was just looking around and found this which I wrote in 2022. The only thing different is that there is currently no draft. I have, however, faith. Our military has not been having enough folks joining and they are all, I think, short of folks to wear the uniform. The Republicans are choosing the Russians over the Ukraine whiich also means that Russia will go after several countries when he is done with the Ukraine. When Russia really starts to move then, hopefully, we will send our militia to help stop him. If we don't it will show just how screwed up we are now, the rest of the world will recognize that and we will no longer be the nation and people who took care of business. I suspect the biggest problem will be the dollar losing big time.
4 1,024 Read More
Religion and Philosophy Jump to new posts
Re: Abortion pdx rick 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Imagine we're talking about Dred Scott right now INSTEAD of Roe and people are on Fox News telling each other that black people and their friends in the other racial communities that America will normalize Dred seven months from now. Do you really think people would forget?
That's what Republican "strategists" are saying right now, the American people will "forget all about the attack on Roe" by November and that Republicans will sail on to easy victory in the White House, House and Senate.
Women are not about to forget that they could possibly go to jail for exercising control over their own body, depending on their state.
165 7,937 Read More
Re: Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage? pdx rick 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why did BOTH Trump and Ivanna Trump allow John Casablancas, a known abuser of teen girls in the modeling field, and CEO of Elite Modeling Agency full access to teen Ivanka Trump?

Trump was just as into teen girls as Jeffrey Epstein was. Trump owned a model agency, as well.

More on Trump Modeling Agency.
1 87 Read More
Re: Why Trump smells so bad pdx rick 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The Lincoln Project put out an ad regarding Trump's "unique odor" last December 2023:

Adam Kinzinger and Tim Miller discuss Trump's very distinct smell

#TrumpSmells
1 76 Read More
Constitutional Issues Jump to new posts
Re: The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump jgw 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Wow, I just figured out that I had no idea what the 14th said. For some unknown reason I somehow thought that any felony conviction, by a presidential candidate wrecked his chance. Having read the 14th there didn't seem to be anything in support of such a belief.

Just goes to show something I guess............
103 2,904 Read More
Re: Trump and Satan. One and the same? pdx rick 04/06/24 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Doug Thompson
He is an immoral psychopathic narcissist liar with no empathy
My take: Trump is selfish, self-centered, pathological lying sociopath with fascist authoritarian tendencies. laugh
1 81 Read More
Crime & Punishment Jump to new posts
Re: The Many Trump Attorneys Who Exposed Themselves to Legal Jeopardy logtroll 04/06/24 12:09 AM
Depends... do you have bodyguards and a lawyer that can fend off a monkeywrench?
5 491 Read More
Religion and Philosophy Jump to new posts
Re: Effects of Religious Conservatism: Seven Mountains Dominionism / Zionism jgw 04/04/24 07:51 PM
One last. It seems that the white Christians do NOT consider Catholics to be Christians. I thought that was kinda interesting. Although Catholics do house some pretty strange outfits. Amy Coney Barrett belongs to something called the People of Praise which is a “covenant community”.

If you read about that one you will have difficulty believing that she can be all that impartial.
5 282 Read More
Re: Billionaires returning to Trump's cult jgw 04/04/24 07:06 PM
As I watch tv and tv ads some of it is kinda interesting. One that I really do not understand is why Trump can make such a big deal out of the southern border after he stopped the house from passing their own bill which took care of the southern border. I have been keeping track of what I have seen about trump, the border, etc. and, so far, its been two weeks since I heard that Trump stopped the passing of their own bill on the border. One would think that SOMEBODY would say something about that???

This is, I suspect, the media giving Trump more time, lying and all the rest, without once, either on the political shows or advertisements, something pointing out that the Southern border thing is the fault of TRUMP!!! If the Dems really cared they would have a small add after every Trump media givaway pointing out the lie and what he did.

I know, not gonna happen, Dems just don't do mean things like that!
5 150 Read More
Member Submitted Links Jump to new posts
Re: I couldn't resist #2 jgw 04/03/24 09:27 PM
Now Trump is suing his partners in his 'Truth' thing. Its hard to make this stuff up! I should probably rant a bit about this but somebody else will. Just thought I should mention this one. Something anybody who has been watching him for very long learns is that anybody who gets connect to him tend to turn into criminal, idiots, and fools big time. Apparently his 'partners' failed in that so he sued them. If you google it you will find a lot of stuff on it and most of it has something to do with stocks, etc. I think he wants to cash his stocks out before the 6 month waiting period as, if it continues, those stock will be worth absolutely NOTHING!

Typical for a Trump thing.................. A person can only wonder what he can do to the United States in 4 years!
3 99 Read More
Re: Myths of Easter and other religious holidays pdx rick 04/02/24 08:11 PM
The Easter Bunny made its way to America, when it was first introduced in the 1700s by German immigrants to Pennsylvania, who reportedly brought over their tradition of an egg-laying hare named "Osterhase" or "Oschter Haws" from the Old Country.

The word Ostara comes from the Anglo-Saxon goddess name, Eostre. Eostre represented spring and new beginnings. The celebration of spring is present in many ancient customs, across all cultures especially a religion other than one of the main world religions, specifically a non-Christian or pre-Christian religion also known as pagans.

During the 4th century, the Catholic Church replaced the most important pagan festivities with new Christian holidays on the same dates, as the calendar remained pretty much the same as before, it was much easier for the one-time pagan populace to adjust to this new faith.

By the Early Middle Ages (800–1000), faiths referred to as pagan had mostly disappeared in the West through a mixture of peaceful conversion, natural religious change, persecution, and the military conquest of pagan peoples; the Christianization of Lithuania in the 15th century is typically considered to mark the end of this process.

Since ancient times, eggs and rabbits have been a symbol of fertility, while spring has been a symbol of rebirth. So even though rabbits don't lay eggs, the association of these symbols was almost natural.
2 104 Read More
Re: Trump thinks he is the only god America needs Doug Thompson 03/31/24 08:44 PM
Good points. I expecially appreciate "O Brother, Where Art Thou," and the Coen Brothers ability to make a point with a meat cleaver. I had a chance to interview George Clooney duirng my time as a reporter and photographer in Washington. We shared a love of motorchcle and and an ibnabilkity to sing a single note in tune. Fascinating man.
5 205 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2