WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 05/08/24 05:42 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by jgw - 05/08/24 05:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 05/08/24 02:32 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by Doug Thompson - 05/07/24 02:06 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/05/24 05:57 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,880 my own book page
5,012,957 We shall overcome
4,192,653 Campaign 2016
3,791,936 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,250 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,086
Posts313,735
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Politics In General Jump to new posts
Re: Watching the Supreme Court jgw Yesterday at 05:42 PM
Them, that have been put there by Trump, are, obviously, going to not decide this one. They get to pay back to their Lord and Master for all his whatever.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a congress that actually did their job. When dealing with the supremes one might even think that a serious congress would, at the very least, make the Supremes behave as the Supremes themselves force the rest of the courts to behave. I know, too much for anybody to actually expect.
2 103 Read More
CHB Columnists Jump to new posts
Re: Trump's base having second thoughts jgw Yesterday at 05:37 PM
There won't be another charge in the courts as he (Trump), and his pals, and them that he installed, apparently have had all other charges extended to after he gets to be president. What, however, happens if he is NOT the next president?
3 93 Read More
Elections 2024 Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Election Forum perotista Yesterday at 02:32 PM
Instead of just looking at this upcoming rematch from inside the anti-Trump cocoon, I step outside and take a good view of the entire electorate trying to figure out where things stand today and if possible, why. I’m as much anti-Trump as anyone else, but being anti-Trump isn’t going to change the reasons why we have an election coming which gives him a 50-50 shot at regaining the white house. That shouldn’t be but is. It’s reality. Why is this so? I get the feeling that few care. Perhaps they’re right, it seems there’s nothing at this point that could change the dynamics of this rematch or who the candidates are.

A lot has changed since 2020. Trump hasn’t become more popular; he’s still disliked and unwanted by around 55% of all Americans. But Biden has dropped to the level of Trump in the dislike and unwanted column. According to Gallup, independents, the non-affiliated, the less to non-partisan group of voters make up 41% of the electorate today. They’ve went from viewing Biden positively, viewing Trump negatively as their vote for Biden in 2020 proves 54-41. To viewing both Biden and Trump negatively today. Hence you have the basic tie between Biden and Trump. You have a third of independents refusing to choose between Biden and Trump, they dislike both, they don’t want neither one. They’re falling into the vote third party, will not vote, undecided columns. They made their choice in 2020 for Biden, this year they’re not making any choice.

It's not that I disagree with you. I don’t. It’s the study of these swing voters, the non-affiliates, the less to non-partisans that has always grabbed my interest. For these voters, Trump was alone in the doghouse in 2020, 2024, Biden has joined Trump in the doghouse. Which is impossible for most anti-Trumpers and democrats to understand or even acknowledge. Trump hasn’t gained any support from swing voters, he’s lost some, down from 41% to 37% today. But Biden has lost the support of almost 20 points worth, down from 54% to 35%. Which really put the emphasis on the dislike and unwantedness these swing voters have, feel for both major party candidates. I repeat, the democrats have chosen the wrong candidate to ensure Trump’s defeat. That almost any other democratic candidate than Biden in my opinion would be wiping the floor with Trump. But the DNC and Democratic Party leadership made sure, used all their powers to ensure Biden wouldn’t be challenged in the Democratic Primaries. You have this prior to the primaries - Poll: Two-thirds of Democrat-leaning voters don't want Biden as 2024 nominee

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/07/poll-biden-2024-second-term-democrat-voters-cnn

I agree with you, but this won’t stop me studying swing voters. They’re the election deciders. Not neither major party’s base. Not the pro or anti-Trumpers either, but those who dislike and don’t want neither Biden nor Trump to become the next president, how they vote, if they do vote will decide this election.
131 3,489 Read More
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist Doug Thompson 05/07/24 02:06 PM
Yes, Trump finally admits he is a racist

In an interview with Time magazine, Trump said he will fight what he calls "discrimination against White people." Yep He's a racist.

By DOUG THOMPSON
May 7, 2024

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]
(Democracy Docket)

Some of us in America have felt, for some time, that disgraced, criminally-indicted former president Donald Trump is a racist. Now, in an interview with Time magazine, he admits it openly and pledges that if he wins election to another toxic term in the White House, he will push to “rid the nation” of what he claims is a “growing anti-white problem.”

About what we should expect from what Rep. Maxine Waters calls “a pure racist.”

“If you look at the Biden Administration, they’re sort of against anybody depending on certain views,” Trump told TIME in an interview when asked about his supporters who believe anti-white racism now represents a greater problem than anti-Black racism. “They’re against Catholics. They’re against a lot of different people… I think there is a definite anti-white feeling in this country and that can’t be allowed either.”

His answer to he claimed problem? Encourage and support violence against those who disagree with him. Encourage another Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and spread it to the cities and other parts of America.

“I don’t think it would be a very tough thing to address, frankly,” Trump says. “But I think the laws are very unfair right now. And education is being very unfair, and it’s being stifled. But I don’t think it’s going to be a big problem at all. But if you look right now, there’s absolutely a bias against white [people] and that’s a problem.”

Trump calls the rioters who trashed the Capitol in 2021 “patriots” and promises to pardon those convicted and imprisoned for their sedition against the nation. When Time asked if he supports violence as an answer to put get hi back into office, he said “it depends” on whether or not he wins.

“We don’t win, you know, it depends. It always depends on the fairness of an election,” he claims, repeating his long-discredited claim that he lost the 2020 election because it “was stolen from me.”

As Time reports:

Trump also tells TIME he might pardon the more than 800 men and women charged in connection with the Jan. 6 attack, most of whom have pleaded guilty. The assault left more than 140 law enforcement officers injured and sent lawmakers into hiding. More than 120 people have been accused of using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer, and members of extremist groups were found guilty of seditious conspiracy.

Six months out from this election, Trump is laying the groundwork for antother onslaught of lies that claim he was cheated if he loses. Every court ruling in this nation in the last three years, inclyuding the Supreme Court that is packed with his appointees, have ruled against is false clsimas that hte election was a fraud.

Time continues:

Trump has sought to recast the insurrectionist riot as an act of patriotism. “I call them the J-6 patriots,” Trump tells TIME. When asked whether he would consider pardoning every one of them, he says: “Yes, absolutely.

Rep. Maxine Waters tells MSNBC that Trump is “a pure racists” who is attempting to overturn America. She is not alone.

[video:youtube]
[/video]
(Courtesy of MSNBC)

Trump more than a pure racist. He is the leader of a clabern of hate groups who preach violence agaisnt those who support a nation founded on immigrants and a divese population. He solicits and supports those who espouse White Supremacy and their hate and violence. He preaches hate.

He must be stopped by the voters this November and conficted of his more than 80 feloonies he faces in multiple federal state trials he faces. In a flagrant case of hypocrisy, he attacks current Biden for what he calls “Gestapo-like tactics”when he is the real fascist in the race this year.

As The New York Times reports:

Fresh from his criminal trial in New York, Donald J. Trump delivered a frustrated and often obscene speech, lasting roughly 75 minutes, at a Republican National Committee donor retreat in Florida on Saturday, attacking one of the prosecutors pursuing him and comparing President Biden’s administration to the Nazis.

“These people are running a Gestapo administration,” Mr. Trump told donors who attended the event at Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Palm Beach, Fla., according to an audio recording obtained by The New York Times. “And it’s the only thing they have. And it’s the only way they’re going to win, in their opinion, and it’s actually killing them. But it doesn’t bother me.”

Before making the comparison, Mr. Trump baselessly insisted that the various indictments against him and his allies in several states were being orchestrated by the Biden administration.

Trump’s niece, a psychologist who knows the dangers of her uncle, calls Trump an “authoritarian wannabe” who is a traitor to America and is guilty of sedition and treason.

Mary Trump says:

And the problem is that we’re seeing that these are being treated as two entirely different people. It’s as if the fact that he is a criminal defendant, the fact that he has committed, allegedly, crimes against the United States of America have no impact whatsoever on his relevance or his standing as a candidate for the presidency.

And the problem is that we’re seeing that these are being treated as two entirely different people. It’s as if the fact that he is a criminal defendant, the fact that he has committed, allegedly, crimes against the United States of America have no impact whatsoever on his relevance or his standing as a candidate for the presidency.

Yes, Trump is a racist and a traitor. So are those who support and enable his lies, hate and the violence he embraces. He must be held accountable for his sedition and treason against the United States of America. So should they.

Copyright © 2024 Capitol Hill Blue
0 26 Read More
General Stuff Jump to new posts
Re: Watching the Supreme Court jgw 05/06/24 09:11 PM
Yep and short memories is just the start. This is particularly true of the voting public. I have, pretty much, whined enough on that stuff. After you told me about your adventures in buying surplus stuff I thought I would take a look. What I found were, literally, hundreds (if not thousands), of places to buy surplus. The entire surplus thing is also interesting. States, for instance, have stores to buy their surplus as does the fed as well. This is also true of universities. Dawns on me, its actually an industry! Amazing!

There seems to be not only government but entire companies dedicated to the sale of surplus. Pretty amazing but I gave up. I spend quite a bit of time spending very little buying stuff I don't need because I have a lot of time on my hands these days. When I buy on the net I usually just goto ebay as they, pretty much, sell everything. Much of what I buy on ebay comes from amazon. That one has always amused me. I have a friend who sells a lot on ebay and he explained why that is but I never figured it out.
24 415 Read More
Politics In General Jump to new posts
Re: Marching in favor of Palestinians jgw 05/05/24 05:57 PM
On Saturday night there was a Saturday Night show which, amongst other things kinda dealt with students fighting for, and apparently, for Palestinians and, oddly, against Palestinians (not sure exactly). Anyway, part of their skit was about parents being concerned about what was going to happen to students who get arrested, do not graduate, and are thrown out of the schools that they had invested 4 years of their lives and money spent. It was funny. It was also a fact and there are, now, literally thousands of students which have been arrested, thrown out of school, and have basically destroyed their own lives.

One can only wonder what is going to happen next in this disaster. Its a disaster for the students, its a disaster for the schools, and it is certainly a disaster for parents who worked hard to support the students. Then there are the debts to the country and also the interests involved which the students owe and for which most of them will not have jobs that will produce enough money to pay the debts which will expand hugely due to the interest involved. Again, apparently I am talking about THOUSANDS of idiots! I also believe that the students didn't think before they did what they did. I also suspect that most do not come from wealthy families. The schools are going to be put into serious pressure about what they did, or didn't, do. There are going to be parents who will be REALLY angry, etc. I suspect there will also be other things happening over this one as well and not now noted.

I am writing this so that others might have something to say about this one. It happened, its gonna be a real mess, and I just wonder what others have to say about this one.

Forgot one thing. Apparently Netanyahu, once he leaves his job, gets to goto jail for something (shades of Trump). I have been following him for a very long time. He, and those who support him, firmly believe that the Palestinians have absolutely no rights to any land there and should go or die. This is no secret.............

Ooops - one last:
Netanyahu was told about the attack that they had against them but did absolutely nothing about it. Basically, he knew what was going to happen and let it happen.

Just a thought................
3 145 Read More
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe Doug Thompson 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Trump’s psychologist niece calls him an ‘anti-American authoritarian wannabe’

But she worries that t that damning evidence agaisnt him in the hush money trial may not be enough to stop him

By DOUG THOMPSON
May 5, 2024

[video:youtube]
[/video]
(Courtesy of MSNBC)

(A message to our readers. This article was edited on Sunday, May 5. 2024, to correct typographical errors that should have been fexed before it was published. The errors were my fault and mine alone. My apologies. I let you down. -- Doug Thompson)

Donald Trump’s niece says her uncle, a disgraced former president is, in reality, an anti-American authoritarian wannabe and a critical threat to our nation’s democracy who continues to have the support of a Republican party that helps moralize his outrageous and dangerous behavior.

“I think the real split screen we need to think about is Donald Trump, presidential candidate for the Republican Party, and Donald Trump, anti-American authoritarian wannabe,” Mary Trump, a psychologist who know and understands the danger he is to America, tells MSNBC host Nicolle Wallace.

She continues:

Even with the damning evidence against him in the current hush money trial that clearly shows the corrupt president paid off two women he had affair with to keep quiet so he could become president in the surprise win in 2016, his niece says it might not be enough.

“It worries me, quite honestly, that as deep the trouble is that he’s in, it may not be enough,” she told Wallace. “It is really troubling, because it seems that there’s always a way out for him. There’s always somebody willing to bail him out. Even if it looks like there’s no escape. … And I don’t know — it worries me, quite honestly, that as deep the trouble is that he’s in, it may not be enough.”

On Huffpost, Ben Blanchet reports:

The comments from the former president’s niece come as he faces 34 counts of falsifying business records tied to hush money paid to adult film star Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election.

The former president and presumptive GOP presidential nominee leads President Joe Biden by less than 1 percentage point, as of May 2, according to an average of national polls compiled by FiveThirtyEight.

Trump is like a vampire who rises from political death time and time again after getting caught in stunds like hte audio tape where he bragged about forcing himself on married women by “grabbing their pussies” and succeeding because he is a celebrity.

Re: Fixing/Engineer the Weather jgw 05/03/24 10:52 PM
1 107 Read More
Climate Change and Environmental Issues Jump to new posts
Re: Earth Day tomorrow logtroll 05/03/24 01:09 AM
I was living in Montana then and I remember that line!

Used it frequently, in fact, very sarcastically.
9 221 Read More