You seem to have a real fetish about folks getting arrested.

Nope, that's not it at all. I agree that there are way more people in jail than should be. But I do believe that people who break the law and harm others, should have some accountability. Not so much for punishment, but rather so they stop doing that. I think if you say anything goes because it's political or religious, then those people just keep doing that crap, and their fellow travelers do worse. This kind of thing actually gets innocent people killed! IE: Charlottesville.

If I was in charge, I would review every drug-related conviction to see if the convicted did anything to harm other people, and let a whole lot of them go. I would look at all the cases where the incarceration did more harm than the crime, and act accordingly. I would find all the mentally ill prisoners, and move them to medical facilities where they could get real treatment.

I actually have a much bigger problem with rich or powerful people, or people in positions of authority, doing illegal things because they can get away with it, than with most of the folks who actually do wind up in the legal system.