I have a hard time getting my head around this ruling. To me, Trump either did or didn’t give aid or abetted in an insurrection, he either is or isn’t an insurrectionist. The 14th seems all encompassing to me.

The ruling makes no sense to me. Outside of punting the problem to a higher court. Or perhaps allowing Trump on the ballot for the primaries which isn’t electing anyone to office. The ruling allowed Trump to run for the GOP nomination in Colorado and perhaps in the general election. Colorado even if Trump is allowed to run in the general election isn’t about to win that state anyway. If Trump is on the ballot or not in Colorado is kind of a moot point. But the ruling only applies to Colorado and not the other 49 states. You could have a situation where Trump isn’t on the ballot in Colorado and perhaps a couple or more other states, but is on the rest.

It seems this ruling didn’t mean much as to Trump running for the presidency, but it did rule or classify Trump as being an insurrectionist. Only in the state of Colorado, not the rest. Ultimately, the SCOTUS will have to decide all of this. So, I guess I just sit back, relax, have a cup of coffee or two and wait and see what happens.