WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,554 my own book page
5,016,623 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,811 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted of killing two people and wounding another.

Recap:

Kyle Rittenhouse, then 17 years old, travieled from Antioch, IL to Kenosa, WI with the help of his mother to "protect property" in a community he did not live in and was not invited to protect. Rittenhouse made comments on social media about "wanting to get into with antiFA and BLM."

Welp, Kyle "got into it" by fatally shototing Josepth Rosenbaum - who was chasing the teenager and threw a bag at him - and then tried to flee. A crowd of people pursued the teenager, and Rittenhouse shot at an unidentified man who kicked him; fatally shot Anthony Huber, who had hit him with a skateboard; and wounded Gaige Grosskreutz, who was armed with a pistol.

I certainly hope that fedeal charges are brought and this 18 year old creep sees prison time. mad
Liked Replies
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
We're going to see an army of Rittenhouses now.
The bad news however, is that the Trump Right needs to know that if there's another insurrection, anyone who mows down a few dozen insurrectionists will be using the Rittenhouse defense too.
1 member likes this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
We're going to see an army of Rittenhouses now..

Bow

When Kyle Rittenhouse killed two men and maimed another because he was scared they would kill him just because he was shooting them, and was acquitted by a Wisconsin jury on all charges, this verdict ushered in a new era in America: when fearing for your life is grounds to kill someone who is trying to defend themselves from you threatening their life.

Hmm
1 member likes this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Everyone knew this verdict was coming, but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

The Right has a new hero, one whose thirst to shoot people the jury was not allowed to see because it was prejudicial, a kid who cold-cocking of a girl, just weeks before he killed two people and maimed another, the jury was not allowed to see because it was prejudicial, one whose new bosom friends the Proud Boys and gun maniacs are thirsting to shoot some leftists themselves.

And it's now open season on woke folks.

mad
1 member likes this
by Mellowicious
Mellowicious
Logtroll - I’ve had that same conversation - that I don’t live in fear of the statistically remote chance hence don’t need to protect myself from it - nice to know there are others.

This is not intended as any kind of legal opinion, it’s just me, but - if I am in a public place (hell, if I am in a private place) and you show up openly armed, my brain will slot you immediately into “aggressor,” and absolutely not as “protector.”
1 member likes this
by Mellowicious
Mellowicious
Originally Posted by Greger
Rick, I'm not afraid of conservatives carrying guns around. Are you?

Greger, you didn’t ask me but that’s never stopped me answering before:

Hell, yes, I’m afraid of conservatives carrying guns around. Ditto liberals, libertarians, old farts from Maine, duck hunters from Minnesota, nuns, toddlers, soldiers, and yes, police officers.

Every and any time I see a gun in public I know that a responsible gun owner has been taught not to carry unless prepared to use.

Therefore every time I see a gun in public I know it’s there to intimidate and to endanger.

Scares the daylights out of me.
1 member likes this
by olyve
olyve
Originally Posted by Greger
Ritterhouse was walking the streets taking in the sights, the crowd saw he was armed, determined that he was the enemy and attacked him, tried to disarm him. He feared for his life and discharged his weapon.

In the case of Arbery vs McVeigh the black guy was unarmed jogging through the neighborhood taking in the sights, white guy came at him with a gun and the black guy feared for his life and tried to disarm the white guy to save his life. See the difference?

The guy who didn't use his(illegal) weapon probably should have.
I certainly do see the difference.

Travis McMichael cried in the courtroom and declared he feared for his life.

We'll see how it goes. What Travis and partners were doing was legal at the time.
In Ahmaud Arbery's Name, Georgia Repeals Citizen's Arrest Law
Travis is white, Ahmaud was black.

Greger, I know what that boy did was legal, except for the part about it being illegal for him to carry an AR15 the charge of which was thrown out by the judge.
And his mother was not charged, why?

It's really hard for me to accept the argument that if everybody had just left him alone.
Seeing a child with a big gun struting through the crowd is scary as hell.
A Kansas City cop just got convicted of murdering a black man. A black man just got his death sentence commuted too. There's good and bad in the world, Yin and Yang.
Oh ok. So we don't really have a race problem. It's just the natural way of things.

I'm sorry this sh*t just hurts my soul.
1 member likes this