WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 08:21 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1 guest and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,412 my own book page
5,016,339 We shall overcome
4,192,796 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,482 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,285
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,785
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Greger, NW Ponderer, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#342188 05/03/2022 2:06 AM
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Can we have a Biden Admin Forum?

Also, can the emoji choices be expanded?

Please, and thank you. smile
Liked Replies
#342192 May 3rd a 02:46 AM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Agreed and last time I tried to create a new forum you know what happened.
I couldn't get it right, but I will keep trying.
Also, I AM trying to restore the emojis, they're called GRAEMLINS in UBB Land but I cannot figure out how to restore them the way I added them on the old board.

I hope I can figure this stuff out!
2 members like this
#342758 Jun 1st a 05:12 PM
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
Back out in the real world after wife Amy and I came down with COVID just a day apart. She tested negative this morning and I was cleared Tuesday. I tested negative after five days, then positive again the day after, and wasn't cleared until I had two negative tests in a row (which happened Tuesday). CDC says the infection rate this Memorial Day was five times higher than last year but deaths are down except for Seniors 75 and over, even with boosters. Hope they fix that before I turn 75 in December.

I agree that UBB is throwing curves at us. I'm looking for a PHP forum software that will import our UBB data to see if we can come up with something better. I hope I can stay healthy long enough to do it, with help from you folks.
2 members like this
#342264 May 5th a 07:47 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Agreed and last time I tried to create a new forum you know what happened.
I couldn't get it right, but I will keep trying.
Also, I AM trying to restore the emojis, they're called GRAEMLINS in UBB Land but I cannot figure out how to restore them the way I added them on the old board.

I hope I can figure this stuff out!

I've begun adding back the "graemlins" and I am trying to figure out how to add a Biden forum which I agree is at least a year overdue.
God do I ever miss Scoutgal but now I miss her even more because she knew how to twiddle the buttons.
1 member likes this
#342304 May 7th a 04:37 AM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Rick, I appreciate your adding to Jeff's punch list, but he's just one guy...

Here's a genuine suggestion. You have the ability to start threads. If you want to take on the responsibility of posting CHB columns for discussion (a great idea, I think), it's within your power. I think the forum still exists. Have at it, my friend. smile

No no I don't mind....the problem is, I think I must be a kind of idiot-savant or an artificially induced one.
I can learn ANY editing software in twenty minutes, okay?
But this UBB Threads software is like trying to learn Sanskrit...my brain just burps and farts when I try.

I think I WILL "get it" eventually and don't worry, I know which areas to stay away from so I won't blow up the forum.

:giggle
1 member likes this
#342797 Jun 4th a 04:53 AM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick
I was directed to take vitamin C and zinc supplements. I’m getting the vitC from fresh OJ, but I did have to go get zinc supplements. I’ve never taken a supplement in my life - not even vitamin supplements - this us the first time time ever doing so. I got some zinc that is 400% RDA and used a pill splitter to quarter it.

The Telenurse also said my CPAP machine will be good to get warm moist air down into my lungs.

Take large doses of D3 as well.
1 member likes this
#342791 Jun 3rd a 08:36 PM
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
You are probably past the viral stage, and into the inflammation stage. I found some fluticazone nasal spray useful at that point. AKA Flonase, but the generic is much cheaper. It's over-the-counter, no prescription required. It is a steroid, but a very mild one. You could ask your doctor if you are good to use steroids yet.
1 member likes this
#342782 Jun 2nd a 09:06 PM
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
The EUA for Paxlovid says you need to be at some increased risk to get it. Like at least a senior, or with one of the comorbidities. Doesn't mean you can't get it. Apparently there is a lot of it around, it's free, and all a doc needs to do is write you a prescription. You can find drug stores, etc. with it by looking at covid.gov. I have heard a lot of reports that it works fine for anybody who is not taking certain drugs, and does even for them if they can stop that drug for a week. Those are usually "cured in 24 hours" reports.

I think it would help younger & healthier victims avoid Long Covid, by lowering their viral load quickly which would cut down on their inflammatory response.
1 member likes this