WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 08:21 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1 guest and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,412 my own book page
5,016,339 We shall overcome
4,192,796 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,482 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,285
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,785
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by pdx rick
pdx rick
[Linked Image from uploads.disquscdn.com]
Liked Replies
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
I suspect a lot of Secret Service agents, FBI agents, etc. know exactly who in their midst are insurrection supporters. And I also think their are a lot of conservatives in those agencies who take their oath to defend the constitution and protect their assigned people seriously. I bet the sociopaths have been quite vocal about their support for Trump and their willingness to use criminal behavior to keep him in office. So a purge of the people who shouldn't be there could be very quick, and relatively painless. Republican and conservative is fine, Extremists have to go. Garland needs to clean house. If he's worried about acting in a partisan manner, NOT to act is a partisan manner.
2 members like this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
It appears that some Secret Service agents are part of Donald Trump's plot to overthrow the government. This is what we know:

• After the blockbuster testimony about Donald Trump's anger that he couldn't go to the Capitol, some in the Secret Service seem to be part of an anonymous whisper campaign disagreeing with her story.
  • Tony Ornato and Bobby Engel seem to exist in Trump's orbit outside of they Secret Service job duties.
  • Other witnesses who have come forward and validated Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony, including a member of the MPD.
  • We find out that Secret Service documents are missing from the critical days of the 5th and the 6th.

These concerns go deeper than just the text messages, these concerns are about the alliances that the law enforcement agents have with Trump. The J6C should be looking into possible legal issues and obstruction of justice charges.

Had the coup attempt succeeded, and Trump declared himself dictator for life, the Secret Service would have become Trump's Schutzstaffel as what happened in 1930s Germany - with history repeating itself.
1 member likes this
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
Did you read the incredibly defensive post from their communications chief? This is their lead communicator? No wonder they are in hot water.

I don't know if the deletion of texts was deliberate or grossly negligent, but it was certainly wrong. As a law enforcement agency, regardless of motivation, they had to know all communications related to January 6 had to be preserved. Moreover, federal law requires they be backed up. If they are agency devices, everything on them is a federal record. (Just ask Hillary Clinton.) Two strikes against them already.
1 member likes this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
I don't know if the deletion of texts was deliberate or grossly negligent, but it was certainly wrong.
There are federal statues about keeping ALL records. Secondly, the J6 first made the request of January 16, 2021 for the Secret Service records - 10 days after Trump's attempted coup.

Everyone knows that J6 and the days leading up to J6 were important to putting the pieces together for the attempted coup. The Secret Service's dog doesn't hunt.

The good news is that there are backups of backups. Those texts are not lost. It will just be very inconvenient in getting to them.

...and I predict all roads will lead to Tony Ornato.
1 member likes this
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
(SARCASM ahead)
Awwwww geez Rick, you're exaggerating again! Trump will probably be a good president, so will all the other Republicans, fascism isn't so bad, stop being hysterical.
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
...as if Trump's incompetency would suddenly disappear. crazy

Incompetency = least of the problems.
Outright fascism.
Outright criminality.
1 member likes this
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
It appears the Secret Service was shining the Committee on. Secret Service will say no new Jan....ds were deleted; investigation requested.

They have also rolled out a new slogan, "When we say SECRET, we really mean it." I agree with this assessment: Opinion: The Secret Service's actions on text messages don't pass the smell test

"If the deleted data was the result of some bizarro act of benign negligence, that data should be easy to recoup. In fact, I would argue that the bigger and far more nefarious outcome of the Tuesday deadline will be if the Secret Service says it was simply unable to reconstruct all or most of the missing data.

As nearly every IT professional knows, with the right resources, a good forensic IT team can gather just about any data that has been "deleted" -- nothing is ever really gone for good. If, in fact the Secret Service indicates that the records are really gone, it could mean they were erased with intent, but we'll have to wait for the outcome of the investigation to know
."
1 member likes this
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
Wondering exactly how all those Secret Service texts got deleted? Just watch this:

James Murray Is The Problem At The Secret Service

Seems Trump wanted his loyal agent Tony Ornato to be the next director of the Secret Service. But Ornato had other plans. He recommended his buddy agent James Murray for the role. After a 10 minute interview, Trump decided Murray was his guy. And Murray is STILL director of the Secret Service! All Secret Service agents were warned three times to preserve Jan 6th texts and call info. One of those even had step-by-step instructions on how to do it. And yet somehow most of those texts are gone.

Were there messages telling agents to remove Pence from the Capital? Because that was the plan, and dollars to donuts Trump plotters are still in the Secret Service right up to leadership positions. I think the Secret Service needs an enema.
1 member likes this
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
I suspect there might have been a much smaller, much more incriminating set of text messages between certain individuals. Director James M. Murray needs to testify under oath as to exactly why he deleted all his text messages, even though his office directed all members of the Secret Service to preserve them. Same for Tony Ornato.

This certainly looks like Tampering with Evidence, a felony with up to a 20 year prison sentence.
1 member likes this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
The texts from J5 and J6 are missing from Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli, who were running DHS at the time as well.

CNN is reporting that Department of Homeland Security Inspector General Joseph Cuffari knew about the deleted Secret Service texts for more than a year before he told the January 6 committee about them and stated he found out in December 2021 which we now know, turns out not to be true. Cuffari knew about the deleted texts in the Spring of 2021.

Additionally, the Washington Post is reporting DHS Inspector General Joseph Cuffari announced he would make an attempt to retrieve the messages in February. He called off the effort later in the month. On Feb. 18, 2022, numerous employees working under Cuffari ordered investigators not to seek out phones or the data that might have been on them.

The J6 committee is now moving into the coverup phase of Trump's attempted coup.

There are a lot of Trump loyalists still infecting our government and these traitors to America needed to be rooted out and prosecuted.
1 member likes this
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
People refuse to learn from history: There were five Watergate burglars, but eventually 40 people from the Nixon administration went to jail. The cover-up got a lot more folks in serious career-ending trouble, than the original crime. Looks like history is repeating it's self.
1 member likes this