WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 08:21 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1 guest and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,412 my own book page
5,016,339 We shall overcome
4,192,796 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,482 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,285
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,785
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, NW Ponderer, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#344160 08/09/2022 4:47 AM
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
I thought a separate thread for this discussion was in order. This is historic. The Department of Justice and a federal judge determined that a former President had EVIDENCE OF A CRIME at his home. Moreover, the powers that be determined that he was not trustworthy enough to use less coercive measures and/or the likelihood that such evidence might be destroyed if knowledge if the search were disclosed in advance.

That is astounding. That is an official acknowledgement by two branches of the government that the former President is untrustworthy. Wow.

I'm going to bring some other material here to flesh out the discussion, but I wanted to get this party started.
Liked Replies
#344344 Aug 16th a 01:54 PM
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
I have to admit, I didn't see this one coming, so it is difficult to ascertain where it is going to end. The DoJ, though, is not messing around.

The DoJ has objected to the release of the underlying affidavit because the investigation is ongoing. I think that is significant. I think, though, that is related to them trying to determine what else is missing. This COULD be huge. Or maybe they just wanted to secure the documents.

The truth is, Trump has been a security risk since he came into office. He is an embarrassment that the nation may never live down, but also a risk that will continue until he leaves the scene in a gold-painted box (an event his kids will find a way to monetize).

I am hoping, but not expecting, he will get his comeuppance. But, it seems more likely that those around him are heading for the fall in his stead. The complication is simply the sheer criminality of Trump and his cronies. How many criminal investigations are we up to: 2016 Russian collusion (of which this may be a part); obstruction of ... well, everything; vote fraud; seditious conspiracy...

Active prosecution of the Trump Organization is still underway. Weisselberg is pleading guilty. There are active grand juries in Georgia, D.C. New York (?) and Florida. And the Jan 6 committee is about to reopen hearings in September. Something is bound to land.
2 members like this
#344385 Aug 18th a 12:00 AM
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
One interesting thing about Trump's many crimes, is DOJ does not have to indict him on all of them at once. They can actually try him for his crimes one at a time. That way if some jury nullification does occur, they still send him to prison for the trials were it does not. I suspect the government will want to hold him in such a way he can't sell secrets, since he has already threatened to do that. Or the terms of his incarceration can change drastically if any such secrets emerge. Installing a solitary confinement block at Mar-A-Lago is entirely possible after the government seizes it for tax fraud.

At this point, I think his best option is to delay, delay, delay, so he dies before he suffers any punishment. Just like Rudy.
1 member likes this
#344336 Aug 15th a 11:07 PM
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
It will be interesting to see if the kitty is alive or dead when they finally open the box.

I've been reading some articles in which Trump apologists are claiming the federal statutes about document mishandling that disqualify the violator from holding office, would have that part ruled unconstitutional. They say the constitution contains the qualifications, so a law can't trump that.

This is a big part of the problem with Trump: He commits so many new crimes, we tend to forget about the previous crimes. In this case, Amendment 14 already will disqualify him for giving aid or comfort to insurrectionists. Something that is already in the constitution can't be declared unconstitutional.
1 member likes this
#344169 Aug 9th a 06:20 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
It was a beautiful raid. A perfect raid. People tell me they've never seen such a perfect raid. They're coming up to me and saying "Sir, I've seen raids before but yours is the biggest in history."
Bigly. Huge.
1 member likes this
#344186 Aug 9th a 10:45 PM
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Rwingers are fit to be tied. They think it was no problem that Trump was in possession of national security documents at MaL.
Not only should they be tied, but gagged, chained, hooded and sequestered. Whatever one does to animals with rabies to protect the public.
1 member likes this
#344187 Aug 9th a 10:49 PM
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
Another thing that needs to be remembered is, that search warrants don't always produce the evidence expected. There was probable cause to believe relevant evidence would be recovered, but it might have been moved, it may have been destroyed, it may never have been there. It will be a long time before what they were looking for or what they found is known.
1 member likes this
#344325 Aug 15th a 06:39 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Stolen from Twitter:

Schrödinger's Treason:
When you didn't take, accidentally took, innocently used, declassified and then took, took and then declassified, the documents that you never took and were illicitly planted in your house by the FBI - all simultaneously.
1 member likes this
#344387 Aug 18th a 12:41 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Installing a solitary confinement block at Mar-A-Lago is entirely possible after the government seizes it for tax fraud.

You can't possibly be serious. LOL
After all, we know what happens when a lord of the realm gets incarcerated in a luxo-jail built just for them.
Isn't that what they used to do to powerful drug cartel members?
What's the matter America, lost the stomach to put away bad guys?
1 member likes this