WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,554 my own book page
5,016,623 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,811 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by pdx rick
pdx rick
It pissies me off that Hillary Clinton's own behavior is casting a long shadow on what Trump has done - and could possible affect if Trump is ever indicted. As I have stated numerous times, I did not vote in 2016 because I just couldn't vote for either sociopath. I am glad that I made that decision given where America is today.

Jonathan Turley wrote a great article for The Hill that discusses what Clinton did vs what Trump has done. There is no way Merrick Garland can prosecute Trump on having and hoarding classified docs because of what Hillary Clinton did. Fair is fair. So Merrick has go for obstruction of justice charges.

Al Capone wasn't brought down because of his being a crime boss - he was brought down by the IRS for not paying his fair share of taxes. If Trump is indicted for NARA obstruction of justice and is jailed for that - I would be good with that.

...because Trump's other legal problems will probably put him in his prison longer. smile
Liked Replies
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Jonathan Turley wrote a great article for The Hill that discusses what Clinton did vs what Trump has done. There is no way Merrick Garland can prosecute Trump on having and hoarding classified docs because of what Hillary Clinton did. Fair is fair.

There's no comparison between Hillz and what Trump has done and Mr. Turley has left out a great deal of information, like the fact that Trump has completely put our intel up for sale. There is no scenario in the universe that does not have Trump profiting from it one way or another.
1 member likes this
by Greger
Greger
throwing crooked leaders in prison is part of every citizen's job description,

I said it wasn't the DOJs job to prepare the American public for the arrest of crooked leaders.

Unless DOJ is now part of the propaganda machine?

I also don't consider it my job to throw "crooked" leaders into prison. In fact, I'm betting that if I pulled a gun on Trump and tried to frog-march him down to the local precinct, it's pretty unlikely I'd survive.

And they don't come any crookeder than him.

It's not the internet's job to throw crooked leaders in jail either...if it was they'd all be in jail. We have law enforcement officers from the AG down who I trust to take care of that stuff without any input from me.

I'm not a newspaperman. It's not my job to afflict the comfortable nor comfort the afflicted. I'm neither judge nor jury and certainly not an officer of the law.

Call it tit for tat if you want, but the reality is that Republicans are pissed and as soon as the House changes hands the investigations will be going a different direction. Of course they will come to nothing because Hunter Biden is innocent, and nothing was covered up...
1 member likes this