WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
Trump is now revealed as a traitor to America. So are his MAGA maggots.

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]

By DOUG THOMPSON
September 9, 2022

If any of you out there still consider yourself a MAGA supporter of Donald J. Trump, consider yourself also a conspirator traitor to America. MAGA really stands for Malicious Anti-Americans & Goddamn Anarchists. Trump is unmasked as a clear violator of the Espionage Act, which makes him a traitor to this nation and a clear and present danger to our national security.

Legal documents dealing with Trump’s latest crime spree clearly state that this is a case of Donald J. Trump vs. The United States of America.

Apparent co-conspirators include Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Ca), the House Minority Leader and now the second highest traitor, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), the brain-dead Senator who never met a conspiracy he could not embrace, Sen. Marc Rubio ( R-FL), another denier of the valid and legal election that dumped Trump in 2020 and too many others who put party above patriotism and personal greed and lust for power above what is needed for the nation.

Some appear to have seen the light, including Trump’s former Attorney General, William Barr, who says Trump is guilty of sedition and obstruction of justice, and just about every sane person left in what’s left of the nation’s Capitol that Trump tried, and nearly, destroyed.

That’s just part of what Trump is deservedly facing in legal circles. A federal grand jury is probing his fraudulent use of his political action committee to raise badly needed funds to keep himself and his House of Cards real station operations afloat and another grand jury down in Atlanta is closing in on his criminal actions in trying to overturn the election he lost by using fake electors.

Report Alan Feuer, Maggie Haberman, Adam Goldman, and Kenneth P. Vogel in the New York Times:

The fact that federal prosecutors are now seeking information about the fund-raising operation is a significant new turn in an already sprawling criminal investigation into the roles that Mr. Trump and some of his allies played in trying to overturn the election, an array of efforts that culminated with the mob attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

The expanded Jan. 6 inquiry is playing out even as Mr. Trump is also under federal investigation on an entirely different front: his decision to hold onto hundreds of government documents marked as classified when he left office and his failure to comply with efforts by the National Archives and the Justice Department to compel their return.

In Trump’s case, so much crime and so little time for him to run and hide,

Trump, as usual, is ranting and raving and lying. Newsweek reports:

The former president on Thursday lashed out in a post to his Truth Social network after the DOJ signaled it would appeal a judge’s approval of a special master that has said it will slow its investigation of Trump’s alleged hoarding of classified documents. The appeal is the latest in the legal wrangling following the FBI‘s court-approved search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in August.

“So now the FBI & Biden Department of ‘Justice’ leakers are going to spend Millions of Dollars, & vast amounts of Time & Energy, to appeal the Order on the ‘Raid of Mar-a-Lago Document Hoax,’ by a brilliant and courageous Judge whose words of wisdom rang true throughout our Nation, instead of fighting the record setting corruption and crime that is taking place right before their very eyes,” Trump said in the post.

Trump’s claims of a “brilliant and courageous judge” refers to the inexperienced U.S. District Court Judge Aileen Cannon, a novice appointed by him in the closing days of his one and only term as president and who has come under fire from legal experts as someone in over her head who has made many mistakes and misjudgment in her brazen attempt to help the man who put her into a job she is clearly not qualified for.

Writes Mark Sumner:

It should have been possible to see what was coming when Donald Trump’s team of highly unqualified attorneys managed to submit Trump’s complaint incorrectly, and the judge gave them a do-over. Then the complaint came in, missing everything necessary, and the judge sent instructions on exactly what she wanted to see. And now the Trump-appointed judge has broken with all legal precedent and written wholly new law in the process, all to give Donald Trump exactly what he wanted: a special master.

Judge Aileen Cannon didn’t stop at saying she intends to appoint a special master, she insists that the federal government provide a more detailed list of the documents taken—a list to be shared with Trump. Only she seems to have missed even more steps in the process than Trump’s attorneys did, like even sending the suit to the supposed “defendant,” or giving any reason why her court can intervene in any way.

The Department of Justice Thursday filed notices of appeal to Cannon’s poorly written order and has given her one week to make changes before they turn the matter over to the 11th District Federal Appeals Judge to restore some order of law to her ramblings.

In the meantime, Trump’s former White House strategist Steve Bannon, facing charges of fraud by stealing funds from a program he ran that was supposed to raise money to help the failed Border Wall before Trump pardoned him in his final days in office, surrendered Thursday to New York authorities for the same crimes, where he faces up to 15 years in prison.

Charges are also expected to come to Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani for his role in trying to overturn the legal election in 2020 and trying to coerce local leaders in Georgia to create phony votes in that state.

Time is running out for Trump. The traitor is unmasked for all to see, all except for his co-conspirators who plan to go down with him in disgrace and their own criminal charges for treason, fraud, and obstruction of justice.

About damn time.

Copyright © 2022 Capitol Hill Blue
Liked Replies
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Remember when the GOP claimed to be the "Law & Order" party. Now some Republican voters fight with police, hitting officers with flag poles and fire extinguishers, or hitting cops with bear spray, or they try overturn elections and end democracy.

Don't even get me started with taking a woman's right over her own body away...

cry
1 member likes this
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Don't even get me started with taking a woman's right over her own body away...

cry

Gettin ya started! LOL

Jennifer Lawrence: 'Get the Government Out of My Snatch, OK?'

The Oscar-winning actor has a long rap sheet of who’s to blame for the current state of the nation. In no particular order: Our two-party political system, which she calls “a failure,” the “white men debat[ing] over uteruses” who “can’t find a clitoris,” and politicians who are “[censored] old. They’re a hundred.” To all of it, the Silver Linings Playbook star has one message: “Get the government out of my snatch. Okay? Full quote! On the record!”

[Linked Image from i.kinja-img.com]
1 member likes this
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
I'm looking forward to seeing her quote on banners at women's marches on the news. I'd be proud to march behind that banner.
1 member likes this
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
Our wives often have the best reaction to things. Because she's half-Lebanese with Arab features, she is singled out at airport checkpoints for "extra search." When one of the Homeland special agents told her to take the felt of her jeans, she looked at him and said: "I usually at least get kissed, first." He laughed, told her to forget it, and let her pass. One the few times either of us saw one of them smile.
1 member likes this
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
I'm looking forward to seeing her quote on banners at women's marches on the news. I'd be proud to march behind that banner.

Karen and I would march behind it too but Karen gets the giggles sometimes, so that would be very entertaining.
Today we went to the VA to get a new seat back for her power chair. They fitted it, told us to go to lunch for an hour to see if she still felt like it was comfy after a while, then come back and confirm.
While we were eating a great big grizzly bear of a guy was walking around the cafeteria with a bad case of droopy drawers.

Let's just say "Crack kills"...Karen was literally snorting soda out of her nose.
1 member likes this
by Greger
Greger
There's a pretty good article over at The Atlantic about Merrick Garland and why he's struggling with the decision to indict. Ultimately, the author believes, an indictment is coming.

There's no question in anyone's mind about his guilt. So it's not so much that he's "above the law" as it is that the "law" simply doesn't know how to handle him.

For a Democrat AG to indict a former Republican President is just an awkward situation.

No matter how heinous the crimes.

The indictment needs to come down from a Republican, or it will be politically invalid. and will be answered with a pardon at the first opportunity and the weaponizing of the Department of Justice for partisan political purposes.

The fate of one idiot who grossly abused the power vested in him by American voters is not worth the damage it will do to the Justice system to prosecute him.

Minimizing that damage is key to preventing this sort of thing from happening again.

I don't care if he skates...he didn't get away with anything.

And I don't demand accountability from the rich, famous, and powerful or I'd walk around sad all day for nothing, y'know? I didn't vote for him. Not my monkey. The clowns I vote for wear blue noses.

To me, Trump is roadkill on the political highway. He is writhing about in agony, maybe he'll be able to walk away but his injuries will kill him. He is in the rearview mirror as far as I'm concerned. And you know what Enzo Ferrari said about rear-view mirrors...
1 member likes this
by rporter314
rporter314
Gee ... you're arguing all politicians are above the law. Sweet .... Trump loves you.

The question isn't about the law, it is about politics. There is little to no doubt Trump committed a crime and probably Patel, Solomon, and some of his attorneys in the documents case. If he isn't indicted by any AG, you may as well use the Constitution for toilet paper. Our Democracy would be dead. All that talk about inalienable rights would be nothing but stale carbon dioxide exhaled by old dead people. Should one repudiate the idea of Democracy, one would essentially be saying we should all live in a dead match where laws don't matter, where the weak get used as cannon fodder, and the strong abuses everyone.

I don't know, but me and my 13 Revolutionary War ancestors kinda think the idea that everyone are equals before the law (even in a flawed society) is a worthy concept, an transcending concept.
1 member likes this
by rporter314
rporter314
Begs the question .... was Justice Thomas involved in the conspiracy to overthrow the government?????
1 member likes this
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
We know his wife was. I remember once saying that, as the husband, I was the Captain of our ship. That didn't last long. I married an Admiral. smile
1 member likes this