WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, NW Ponderer, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Trump warns of 'problems' like 'we've never seen' if he's indicted

Trump can go fck himself. mad
Liked Replies
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick

It's the very kind of talk a physically abusive husband says before he commences beating his wife.
1 member likes this
by pondering_it_all
pondering_it_all
I suspect Trump had "all his best people" invade the Capital on January 6th, and most of them have been arrested, indicted, or plead already. How many more are going to be willing to suffer the same fate, for a hopeless cause? And where exactly would they go for a repeat performance? FBI headquarters? I think a large percentage would end up dead, if they tried to invade FBI headquarters. I think one a-hole tried so far and yep: Dead.

It might be an opportunity for the FBI to make a list of people willing to commit domestic terrorism, to be rounded up for "Insurrection Trials, Round 2". But I suspect Trump's "people are talking" contain a thin layer of actual domestic terrorists, mixed in with a lot of windbags and assorted nuts. Some large percentage of Republicans are saying they would vote for him even if he was convicted, but very few would face armed government agents. His minions are going to start facing more and more consequences in the coming weeks. Who wants to volunteer for that?
1 member likes this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Trump's life-long criminality will culminate in Trump dying in prison - for one of the many investigations that he's under right now.

smile
1 member likes this
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
This is a pattern, now. It's how fascists operate. Lindsey Graham parroted Trump, and Trump saw he "got away with it", so figured he could, too.

It's a signal to his thugs - "stand by". There will be blood, but more important is to keep/take control of legislatures. It's no longer red/blue or Dem/Rep, it is democracy vs autocracy, pure and simple. To the extent we don't, there will be more blood. Not a civil war, mind you, but civil unrest.
1 member likes this
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
Originally Posted by Greger
Anyone who writes a book that centers on "the art of REVENGE" demonstrates very clearly they do know right from wrong
Is revenge usually the "right" thing to do?

Things in our government and the hardcore partisans who take it to extremes have made it impossible to find the right thing to do. Relevance becomes truth and the win becomes good or bad, depending on one's view of the outcome. Situational results replace honesty or truth. I was part of the damn world for too long and it continues to haunt me. I have no answers, just a lot of guilt.
1 member likes this
by Greger
Greger
I don't know whether to pray to Trump or say some Hail Mary's

Neither one is liable to help. And if karma could be counted on, the world would be a much better place.
1 member likes this