WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, NW Ponderer, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
Donald Trump: A racist and bigot gathering with others of his kind

The disgraced and criminally-corrupt former president hosted anti-semite rapper Kanye West and racist, white nationalist Nick Fuentes at Mar-a-Lago. Birds of a toxic feather? Yep.

By DOUG THOMPSON
November 28, 2022

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]
Nick Fuentes, the far-right white supremacist, sporting a Trump “Make America Great Again” hat, holds a rally at the Lansing Capitol, in Lansing, Mich., Nov. 11, 2020.
(Nicole Hester/Ann Arbor News via AP)

How many examples of disgraced and criminally-corrupt former president Donald Trump are needed to get the attention of the lockstep Republican followers who continue to support a man under investigation for sedition and keep quiet when the latest revelations should send them shunning the MAGA cult that embraces this tyrant and predator in their midst.

Trump has refused to condemn the slew of racists, White supremacists, bigots, and anti-semites who support him openly, appear at rallies sporting “Make America Great Again” (MAGA) hats and call him a “great president.”

But some Republicans are at least raising questions about Trump hosting the anti-semitic rapper Kanye West, who now calls himself “Ye” and racist white supremacist Nick Fuentes, a rapid far-right activist, at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida last week.

Reports the Associated Press:

Trump had dinner Tuesday at his Mar-a-Lago club with West, who is now known as Ye, as well as Nick Fuentes, a far-right activist who has used his online platform to spew antisemitic and white nationalist rhetoric.

Ye, who says he, too, is running for president in 2024, has made his own series of antisemitic comments in recent weeks, leading to his suspension from social media platforms, his talent agency dropping him and companies like Adidas cutting ties with him. The sportswear manufacturer has also launched an investigation into his conduct.

Trump, in a series of statements Friday, said he had “never met and knew nothing about” Fuentes before he arrived with Ye at his club. But Trump also did not acknowledge Fuentes’ long history of racist and antisemitic remarks, nor did he denounce either man’s defamatory statements.

Trump wrote of Ye on his social media platform that “we got along great, he expressed no anti-Semitism, & I appreciated all of the nice things he said about me on ‘Tucker Carlson.’” He added, “Why wouldn’t I agree to meet?”

Oh, we can think of a boatload of reasons to avoid bigots like West and Fuentes, but Trump has a long and sordid history of getting cozy with racists and the like.

In his 2016 campaign, Trump didn’t condemn former KKK leader David Duke’s endorsement. In a TV interview claimed he didn’t “know anything about David Duke.” Then photos of him meeting with Duke surfaced.

After deadly white supremacist protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, Trump said there was “blame on both sides” for the violence.

Trump’s rallies often feature “inflammatory rhetoric” from white-nationalist U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., who also spoke at a far-right conference organized by Fuentes.

Adds the AP report on the dinner at Mar-a-Lago:

Ye first shared details of the dinner in a video he posted to his Twitter account Thursday. Ye said he had traveled to Florida to ask Trump to be his 2024 running mate, and that the meeting had grown heated, with Trump “perturbed” by his request and Ye angered by Trump’s criticism of his estranged wife, Kim Kardashian.

“When Trump started basically screaming at me at the table telling me I was gonna lose. I mean, has that ever worked for anyone in history, telling Ye that I’m going to lose?” Ye asked in the video. “You’re talking to Ye!”

Ye also said Trump was “really impressed with Nick Fuentes,” whom he described as “actually a loyalist” and said he’d asked Trump, “Why when you had the chance did you not free the January 6th-ers?” referring to the defendants who were alleged to have participated in the deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
While many Republicans, as usual, kept quiet about their leader Trump’s time with West and Fuentes, Trump’s former ambassador to Israel, David Friedman was not quiet when he tweeted :

To my friend Donald Trump, you are better than this. Even a social visit from an antisemite like Kanye West and human scum like Nick Fuentes is unacceptable. I urge you to throw those bums out, disavow them and relegate them to the dustbin of history where they belong.

Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State under Trump, added:

Anti-Semitism is cancer. We stand with the Jewish people in the fight against the world’s oldest bigotry.

Current White House Spokesman Andrew Bates issued this statement:

Bigotry, hate, and antisemitism have absolutely no place in America — including at Mar-A-Lago. Holocaust denial is repugnant and dangerous, and it must be forcefully condemned.
President Biden, Bate’s boss, was vacationing on Nantucket island in Massachusetts over the Thanksgiving weekend when reporters asked him about what he thought of Trump hosting racists and antisemites at Mar-a-Lago. “You don’t want to hear what I think,” he said.

Kaine
I wouldn't call it throwing him under the bus. We've seen them dis him before then turnaround a week later and go to Florida and kiss his orange ass. 9 out of 10 of GOP legislators will still vote for him in 2024, if he makes it to election day.
It's hard to say if the republican electorate is tired of him yet.
2 members like this
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
The first time it happened, it was a gaffe; the second was a trend; since then, it's just habit.
1 member likes this
by rporter314
rporter314
Republican, elected officials have for the past 40 years publicly condemned racism, turn around and then deny the Base is racist. That pattern of denial and apology for the obvious has ingrained a belief that is well known to outside observers as racism is not considered as racism to the Base. So every time anyone plays the "race card", the Base condemns it as fake news and lies from liberals. Ye and Fuentes? .... well they are simply emblematic of what the base believes and the Base says .... it's not racist nor anti-semitic .... it's truth based reality. Thus there is no push back from elected Republican officials, as it would antagonize the Base and expose the elected officials long time pattern of denial. And further it does not impact support for Trump. He is simply living what the Base believes.
1 member likes this
by pdx rick
pdx rick
"I didn't know Nick Fuentes was a Holocaust denier! It was my intention to only have dinner with Kanye West, a guy who praises the man responsible for making the Holocaust happen! See? Totally different!"

-- Donald Trump
1 member likes this