WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/19/24 10:33 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 2 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,493 my own book page
5,016,532 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,674 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,285
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,786
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#346800 12/26/2022 8:12 PM
by jgw
jgw
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Santos

George Santos ran for the house from New York. He won the seat. Little problem is that it turns out that he lied about just about everything he claimed about himself. Now there even seems to be a problem with his American citizenship.

This one is interesting on all fronts. First the media. This guy has been running for office for at least 2/3 years and, up to now, always lost. During that time nobody in media checked him out, they kinda just ignored him. Then there is the Republican party, they too were absolutely clueless about who he was or how his claims were flat out lies. Then there was the voters who supported him, gave him money, etc. They too didn't have a clue!

Think about this! This man won an election when, basically, NOBODY had any idea who he was, where he was from, where he went to school, all that stuff. NOBODY!!! First lazy. Obviously, the party, those in charge of elections, the media, fellow Republicans, and not one single politician, in any party, had even a vague clue. Nobody knows if The New York times, that broke the story, had a clue but, after him running for office for several years one would think that somebody knew something but, nope............. What this does mean that those that voted for him, gave him money, and supported him were damned fools. It also says that the media, at large, didn't just ignore him but ignored their jobs! They are constantly hollering about how we should trust our media. Er, well, this is not gonna help them even a little bit. This is a HUGE thing! EVERYBODY SCREWED UP. The media, however, are sticking with the simple fact that its all George's fault because he lied. The fact that they are not the self announced finders of truth is simply skipped.

Everyday there are little stories about this mess and they too are ignored. Now, we are being told, he may not even be a citizen of the United States!

So, we have, basically two political parties. Both of these parties have one simple goal, to destroy the other side using virtually anything they can think of to do that hob. The simple fact is that this thing, all on its own, if it was properly presented, paints our entire political thing as a miserable failure, from beginning to end.

This also means that we seem to have an electorate of flat out dummies putting their faith in organizations which have been, basically, sleeping at the switch. I also know that those who are responsible for the news are certainly not going to spend much time on it because its its better that nobody has these kinds of thoughts and ignorance is bliss. History, however, is not going to forget this one.

Just thought I would rant a bit.............
Liked Replies
by jgw
jgw
This remains a confusion for me. I just did a search to see if George Santos is a citizen. As far as I can tell he has not even bothered to prove that he is a citizen of the the country or even what his real name is. In spite of this the Republicans want is vote and he is waiting to be sworn in.

My problem is how can any of this be when nobody even knows his name or whether he is a citizen of the United States of America.

One can only wonder....................
1 member likes this