WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, NW Ponderer, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#346843 01/04/2023 6:58 PM
by jgw
jgw
I know, many have suggested this but, now, I think its done. He tried to get involved in the currently Republican disaster and was simply ignored by one and all. I suspect that his followers are no longer donating money to him and the question of his popularity tells us he is not. The media, who created, and nurtured him for free, is no longer rushing to put him on TV which means he is not the money put for TV folk as he once was as well.

He is being ignored by one and all. His popularity is going away. It also seems that the Republican party itself is ignoring him and his so-called base is not voting as he has suggested they should as well.

On top of that his own daughter seems to be bailing as well.

My own thought is that voters and others have just had enough and are moving on.

This, in turn, probably means that those who are dealing with charges will free considerably more free as well.

Things are not all bad!
Liked Replies
#346861 Jan 6th a 05:05 PM
by rporter314
rporter314
Where we disagree on Trump is you all want him in jail, I don’t care if that is where he ends up or not. But we agree Trump has been bad for politics and the country and must go. How, I don’t care. You guys do care, you only want him in jail. We only differ on how he goes and where he ends up.
LOL .... I still you still don't get it.

You think he is bad for politics and I have to conclude that is about as partisan as one can get. For all your demonstrations about being non-partisan it turns out you are a Republican/conservative partisan i.e. Trump is bad for Republican/conservative politics.

I don't want him in jail because he is bad for politics, because I don't care how or why he is bad for politics, I want him in jail because he BROKE THE LAW!!!!!!! Perhaps you can explain how that is being partisan???? Don't consult a poll ... use your own words. Did he commit a crime? If not why not? if so what should be done? I suspect if he was a neighborhood Joe you would have the answers. Being a politician makes no difference to me regardless of which political persuasion he belongs. If you break the law, I hope to God someone prosecutes you, otherwise we live in a Darwinian survival fest, not a land ruled by law.
1 member likes this
#346874 Jan 7th a 06:37 PM
by jgw
jgw
The MAGA folks are, by definition, Trumpies. They all have to prove this by behaving as Trumpies are expected to do. They are doing this in the face of the fact that Mr Trump seems to be losing parts of his base and TV seems to be tiring of him. The house megas have two years to either clean up their acts or follow their leader through, perhaps, a serious legal time whilst losing base support. This is going to be very interesting! Will they display utter support for the Loser or take care of #1? This is where, they say, the rubber hits the road. Given what Trump does I would be on them taking care of #1 but i am also wrong now and then. On the other hand they can just work very hard, yelling and screaming and Trumping and attacking the Dems for EVERYTHING, just to make sure they will never be elected again.

I am basing this on my belief that the DOJ is serious, has 2 years to get it right and have at it, and that will be, exactly, what they are working on and which will come to pass.
1 member likes this
#346877 Jan 8th a 12:50 AM
by pdx rick
pdx rick
Originally Posted by jgw
The MAGA folks are, by definition, Trumpies.
MAGAts by definition are TBaggers. TBaggers are Birchers. Same folks, different names. smile
1 member likes this
#347046 Feb 1st a 09:36 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by jgw
I know, many have suggested this but, now, I think its done. He tried to get involved in the currently Republican disaster and was simply ignored by one and all. I suspect that his followers are no longer donating money to him and the question of his popularity tells us he is not. The media, who created, and nurtured him for free, is no longer rushing to put him on TV which means he is not the money put for TV folk as he once was as well.

He is being ignored by one and all. His popularity is going away. It also seems that the Republican party itself is ignoring him and his so-called base is not voting as he has suggested they should as well.

On top of that his own daughter seems to be bailing as well.

My own thought is that voters and others have just had enough and are moving on.

This, in turn, probably means that those who are dealing with charges will free considerably more free as well.

Things are not all bad!

To the contrary I am seeing and reading about him as much right now as we did back in the runup to the 2016 election. I almost know if he's had a bowel movement. He is still getting tons of free airtime while everyone has to pay.
1 member likes this
#347060 Feb 4th a 05:17 PM
by rporter314
rporter314
My comments have never been about supporting the contention Trump either is or is not a viable candidate for public office. My comments are the result of an analysis of Trump's position as leader of a huge chunk of the party formerly known as the Republican Party. I am not in the business nor do I have an agenda to promote one candidate over another of any party. I also am not in the business of telling either party what they are doing wrong or right regarding anything.

Therefore I don't really care what Republicans or Democrats should be considering when deciding who should be the next candidate. If they make poor decisions then that is on them. I am certainly not going to tell the Republican Party they are doing harm to the party by endorsing Trump. I'll let the party machinery do their thing and when it breaks ... o well.

While you are probably concerned about the direction of the Republican Party as your default party of choice, I rely on the historical record which suggests progressivism is the natural result of historical inertia. So in the long term I am not concerned, as I know progressivism will prevail, whether good bad or ugly.

However in the short term I am concerned. We have seen the complete erosion of American values once held by both conservatives and liberals, now held mainly by only liberals. One hundred years form now historians will have to ask if the current trend to authoritarianism is simply a blip or a mainstream danger to Democracy. While I embrace a political model of the Greek city states, we can look about and not find any extant. We therefore must decide on what form of government best codifies a "national" identity. The Founders for all of their shortcomings, but in a moment of exquisite wisdom saw Democracy as the only real choice for All Men. I abhor the efforts of some Republicans to destroy the foundations of Democracy. And that is my concern, that some Americans fain patriotism while they publicly attempt to deconstruct the very State which allowed them the freedom to voice their poison.

While we may agree on a number of specific items, we have different opinions and beliefs regarding government. The Federal government is the glue which binds All Men into a single entity, and it is obligated by contractual agreement to perform certain duties. As long a the Federal government sustains their mandated responsibilities, I will remain in support of the Constitution and it's child, the Federal government.
1 member likes this
#347061 Feb 4th a 07:36 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by rporter314
The Founders for all of their shortcomings, but in a moment of exquisite wisdom saw Democracy as the only real choice for All Men. I abhor the efforts of some Republicans to destroy the foundations of Democracy. And that is my concern, that some Americans fain patriotism while they publicly attempt to deconstruct the very State which allowed them the freedom to voice their poison.

While we may agree on a number of specific items, we have different opinions and beliefs regarding government. The Federal government is the glue which binds All Men into a single entity, and it is obligated by contractual agreement to perform certain duties. As long a the Federal government sustains their mandated responsibilities, I will remain in support of the Constitution and it's child, the Federal government.

Representative democracy, the founders, or should I say a fair bunch of them, including Jefferson, were not enamored of direct or pure democracy however they did see the strength of representative democracy and fulfilled that aim by enshrining the vote, at least to the class of people that they SAW as practical, namely white landowning men.
It fell to future generations OF progressives to extend that right to women, people of all faiths and races, the landed and the tenant alike.

This was the enshrining of "e pluribus unum", out of many, one.
And it is this very unity which is now being torn down by the political Right in this nation, in thought, word and deed.
1 member likes this