WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 08:21 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1 guest and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,412 my own book page
5,016,339 We shall overcome
4,192,796 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,482 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,285
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,785
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
logtroll, NW Ponderer, pdx rick
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Doug Thompson
Doug Thompson
Trump is not the only felon: So are members of his GOP gang

Let's call them what they are: Co-conspirators, enablers and traitors to America.

[Linked Image from capitolhillblue.com]
GOP House Speaker Kevin McCarthy: Just one of the enablers and traitors in Congress

By DOUG THOMPSON
April 3, 2023

I don’t know which is more damning and worse: The sad, pathetic fact that the disgraced criminal Donald Trump is running, again, for president or the cabal of co-conspirators in the rabid right-wing of the Republican Party that is abandoning any pretense of morality, love of country or patriotism to support his continued criminal actions.

The facts say any Republicans who continue to claim Trump lost the 2020 election because it was stolen through fraud are committing treason against the nation they swore an oath to support and protect.

The list of these traitors is long: the corrupt Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, is valueless co-conspirator Marjorie Taylor Greene, unqualified committee chairmen like Jim Jordan, and too many others.

Some who claim knowledge of what is happening within the several other grand juries that have not yet finished their investigations of the Trump cult say he will not be the only one indicted. Let’s hope and pray they are right.

In more than a half-century of work either covering our failing government or working within it as a political operative — a failure of judgment on my part — I have seen too many actions with Congress and the White House that seriously threatens our democracy.

In so many ways, the assassination of president John F Kennedy in 1963, started the wave of threats that threatened democracy and America: The attempts during the Watergate scandal that brought the resignation of disgraced president Richard Nixon. the just below-the-surface racism that bubbled up from the surface after the election of Barack Obama, the 9/11 attacks by terrorists who brought down the ‘World Trade Center and damaged the Pentagon head a growing list of events that threatened our way of life

Georga W. Bush lied outright with claims of non-existent weapons of mass destruction to fortify his invasion of that country in what we later learned was his desire to “punish” a claimed plan to kill his father during his presidency.

The rise of rabid right-wing extremism injected outright idiots like Sarah Palen into our presidential races when GOP strategic consultant Steve Schmidt felt she would be a “needed celebrity candidate” for the vice president to help John McCain in the race he lost, primarily because of her stupidity.

As we have reported here before, the Republicans took a hard-right turn towards extremism after gaining control of Congress in 1994 and electing self-righteous demagogue Newt Gingrich as speaker. Gingrich used affairs with mistresses to dump two wives, let another man’s wife give him a blowjob while waiting for his kids to finish a softball game, and talked Trump, during his one-term presidential disaster, into appointing her ambassador to the Vatican.

Gingrich was forced from the speaker’s office and resigned his Congressional seat after the House ethics committee found him profiting from a book deal in violations of the rules, the same kind of felonious crap that defined the failed term of Trump.

Former prosecutor and now political pundit, Glenn Kirshner runs a podcast called “Justice Matters” and his topics of late, focus on Trump’s many criminal actions.

“Keeping track of Trump’s many criminal investigations and prosecutions are doing to keep us working overtime,” he said in a recent podcast, shown below. “I for one, do not have any problem putting in the extra hours.”

Neither do we, Glenn.

Copyright © 2023 Capitol Hill Blue
Liked Replies
by NW Ponderer
NW Ponderer
"The facts say any Republicans who continue to claim Trump lost the 2020 election because it was stolen through fraud are committing treason against the nation they swore an oath to support and protect.

The list of these traitors is long: the corrupt Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, is valueless co-conspirator Marjorie Taylor Greene, unqualified committee chairmen like Jim Jordan, and too many others."

I couldn't agree more.

I have watched with growing alarm the devolution of the "Grand Old Party" into a party of scofflaws and ne'er-do-wells. I was one who cheered on Gerald Ford's pardon of Nixon, at the time believing that it was "right thing to do" to heal the country. I now believe I was so very wrong.

Because Nixon never faced prosecution - or even impeachment - he set the pattern of impunity that grew within the GOP and metastasized into Donald Trump and MAGA. That feeling of impunity animated the Iran-Contra scandal less than a decade later, and justified Bush Sr.'s pardon of the co-conspirators (and witnesses) at the behest of then-Attorney General, Bill Barr.

Barr's behavior as AG under Trump was no different and he actively obstructed justice in numerous ways. (Yes, I think he is a duplicitous traitor who should be prosecuted.)

"On June 16, 1992, Weinberger was indicted on two counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice. Bush pardoned him before his trial. Robert McFarlane, Reagan’s national security adviser, was convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain he faced two years of probation before Bush’s pardon came though.

Bush also pardoned Elliott Abrams, the assistant secretary of state, who was convicted of withholding evidence and received two years’ probation; Duane Clarridge, a former CIA senior official, who had been indicted on seven counts of perjury and false statements; Clair George, chief of CIA covert operations, who had been convicted on two charges of perjury and had yet to be sentenced; and Alan Fiers, chief of the CIA’s Central American Task Force, who had been convicted of withholding evidence and sentenced to one year’s probation.

During Bush’s 1988 presidential campaign, he denied any knowledge of the Iran–Contra affair, asserting that as Reagan’s vice president he was “out of the loop.” Although in his diaries Bush wrote he was “one of the few people that knew fully the details,” he refused to discuss it." Bush Pardons Iran-Contra Felons, Dec. 24, 1992 (Politico) As Thom Hartmann opined, Bill Barr Is The Master Of Covering Up Political Scandals

Trump expects similar treatment, and his sycophants, in Congress and elsewhere, are willing to lobby for it.

Justice needs to be served.
2 members like this