WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Watching the Supreme Court
by jgw - 05/08/24 05:42 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by jgw - 05/08/24 05:37 PM
2024 Election Forum
by perotista - 05/08/24 02:32 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by Doug Thompson - 05/07/24 02:06 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by jgw - 05/05/24 05:57 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 04/22/24 01:03 PM
Netanyahu Says Never to a State for Palestinians
by chunkstyle - 04/22/24 12:32 PM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Abortion
by pdx rick - 04/14/24 03:23 PM
Did Trump abuse his daughter when she was underage?
by pdx rick - 04/12/24 09:05 PM
Why Trump smells so bad
by pdx rick - 04/10/24 07:42 PM
The 14th Amendment and Donald Trump
by jgw - 04/09/24 05:41 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,001,880 my own book page
5,012,957 We shall overcome
4,192,653 Campaign 2016
3,791,936 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,250 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,271
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 5
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,086
Posts313,735
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Thread Like Summary
Jeffery J. Haas, Kaine, NW Ponderer, pdx rick, perotista
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#347841 09/12/2023 3:46 PM
by perotista
perotista
This is very interesting.

How Trump's trials will make a mess of the 2024 election

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-trumps-trials-will-make-a-mess-of-the-2024-election-090024220.html
Liked Replies
#347872 Oct 12th a 01:53 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by Kaine
It seems to me, that for Trump to be leading Biden in the polls, is either because the polls are skewed, or there are democrats now voting for Trump.

Our country is doomed!

Or, a large segment of the voting population is currently ignoring the polls and not responding yet.
1 member likes this
#348029 Jan 19th a 03:56 AM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Would I welcome a significant primary challenger to Biden right now?
Only if it's obviously someone who has the juice, the electability, overwhelming popularity and a level of confidence and competence that is absolutely undeniable, even to Joe.

It would have to be someone who is so damn good that even Joe might consider volunteering to pass the torch.
But I have little to no worries that Joe can win the election.
I would entertain shuffles in the Veep slot but it's not as if I think Kamala is terrible, she's just been more of a behind the scenes Veep, which plenty of Veeps down through history HAVE been before her.

She is not a Dick Cheney. But gimme someone who is absolutely incredible like I talked about above and....sure okay, let's consider that option. They COULD BE a take charge Veep who reinforces Joe and is prepared in the event Joe DOES have to step aside. But that IS the historic role OF ALL Veeps.
LBJ got the job handed to him under worse circumstances, but let's remember, the government and the party were prepared for that possibility all along.

So it's not as if it's much different. Joe Biden doesn't have a wiped camshaft or a catastrophic connecting rod failure in the offing.

"Oh, Joe's a little old and a little tired, let's go ahead and give it to Trump!"
Are you ****ing kidding me? ????
1 member likes this
#348311 Apr 7th a 01:08 PM
by Jeffery J. Haas
Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by perotista
...65% of all Americans state the economy was good under Trump,
Yet these same people can't state any Trump policy that caused this - because there were none. Trump benefitted from eight years of Obama policy. Trump put asinine tarrifs into place. Trump hurt farmers and had to financially compensate them. Consumers goods prices rose because of Trump's tariffs. Trump had a negative effect on the economy especially in 2020.

All in all perotista's arguments for "the wisdom of independents" doesn't sound like a good advertisement for being an independent. If I didn't know better it's almost like saying independents really just want "the image of a strongman telling them what to think and do" without him actually BEING "a strong man"...just the appearance of it.

That's almost like wanting to force people into agreeing that WWE Wrestling is real.

Does that really sound like a good argument for being an independent, or does it sound more like an argument for being a sucker for media polling that was pre-designed to produce an already agreed upon desired polling result?

I bet twenty bucks that I can create a poll that says 65% of Americans want to contract terminal cancer if I hire enough think tanks to sell the idea of the benefits of terminal cancer to enough Americans.
1 member likes this
#348314 Apr 7th a 03:33 PM
by logtroll
logtroll
The problem with humans is we need government to avoid total chaos.

The problem with government is humans.

It doesn't appear that getting rid of either one is an option...
1 member likes this
#348336 Apr 9th a 05:26 PM
by jgw
jgw
That's what I feared is happening. What this means is that we have a congressional house where EVERYBODY needs to be replaced! Reason is simple, they are stuck and cannot do their jobs. The people on both sides who are actually willing to talk to the other side should probably setup another group. They could call it something like; Politicians Trying to Do Their Jobs I know, its not gonna happen but it would be good if they would. I think the other problem is that each side, in either party, fears the loons and jerks. Its truly a shame. Its a shame for the voters who screwed up, its a shame for the members of the congress who could actually do their jobs if they actually tried and didn't fear the wrath of their crazys, etc.

It would also be nice if our media actually reported who might, or might not, actually work with folks of like mind in the other side. Maybe all they need is a little push?

As an aside the Republicans are going to now try and pass a bill to take care of the southern border even though they have one which was put together by both sides that Trump forbid to get done. One would think that they might take a run at going after their existing loons and crazies. The republicans are so crazy they are going to ignore the bill that would give them both laurels and, instead, prove that they are all jackasses.
1 member likes this
#348340 Apr 9th a 09:27 PM
by rporter314
rporter314
Now you know why all this talk, rhetoric about Trump destroying democracy from the democrats isn’t taking hold
First it i not just the Democrats who are saying Trump is a danger to Democracy, it is a whole list of former Republican employees of Trump, former high level government officials, both partisan and not, including from the military, Constitutional attorneys, etc. Why is it not taking hold? How about the American electorate is simply ignorant and stupid. If you have seen any interviews of MAGA people, you would know how ignorant, stupid, and bigoted they are. These folks are in a political cult, so they will never change their mind. Only people not in the cult should be addressed. Are these folks too ignorant stupid not to realize what dangerous rhetoric Trump uses, or are they simply MAGA in disguise? What I do know is the Trump propaganda machine has baked in the misinformation and disinformation, so it will not make any difference touting Pres Biden's achievements.

We are on the precipice of the most precipitous election since the 1860 election. Democracy is on the line. Policy issues will not persuade the ignorant and stupid, however the threat of losing their freedom to a dictator may.
1 member likes this
#348352 Apr 12th a 09:08 PM
by pdx rick
pdx rick

(scroll over the words, and click the linky dink)
1 member likes this
#348452 May 5th a 10:21 PM
by rporter314
rporter314
P ... I am not arguing the accuracy nor the efficacy of polls. My argument is it doesn't matter a mote what the polls are saying. I am arguing the fix is in and Trump will be the future occupant of the WH, regardless of what the future vote totals say.

Yep you read it here .... yes I am that mad voice alerting the populace of the Death of Democracy. Get ready to take the loyalty oath.

Rapace
1 member likes this